How do you leave the ball?

paceattack

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
How do you leave the ball?

What I mean to say is that in a test match when you odnt play a shot (in order to leave the ball), the confidence goes down. This should not happen as you deliberatelly left the ball. There is a seperate button for leave in C2005.

I think it is withthe Square (defense) button but whenever I press that the batsman plays a defensive shot and misses because the ball is miles away. In theory he should have left it but plays an awkward looking defensive shot with no chance of making contact with the ball.

In the instruction manual it says that "the batsmans confidence is increased by playing defensive shots and evades" - but how do you play evades?

Any ideas.

Thanks

I've only evaded it a couple of times and they were on bouncers, but it is possible. If you time it right no matter what shot you play my batsman seems to evade/duck. I've never done it with a normal delivery tho :(

RoboRocks said:
There is no way to leave a normal ball, it does it automatically

Yes, but the confidence bar comes down. This signifies a decrease in confidence - this should not be the case when you are leaving the ball at will. Leaving the ball means that you have judged the line and length correctly and have a clear idea of where your off stump is. Surely there must be a way to laeve the ball?

Luckily tho, there are never any edges of defensive shots, so its not all bad. Just unrealistic.

The_gas said:
Luckily tho, there are never any edges of defensive shots, so its not all bad. Just unrealistic.

no edges off defensive shots? ...I have been trying for days to do this....I am just beginning to think that batting is not all it was meant to be on this game.

I've played onto my stumps mis-timimg a defensive shot on Test level.
It was a sh!t shot though.

Steeev said:
I've played onto my stumps mis-timimg a defensive shot on Test level.
It was a sh!t shot though.

Yes ive played onto my stumps before but never edged to slip or wicket keeper.

The_gas said:
Although if you had edges, they might be plentiful in tests like in C2K4. I think I'd rather have no edges to defensive shots.

Yea i kinda agree. However in blic there arent enough edges, all mine and mainly the cpu's wickets come from bowled's or lbw's.

The_gas said:
Yea i kinda agree. However in blic there arent enough edges, all mine and mainly the cpu's wickets come from bowled's or lbw's.
Really? I gain and lose several wickets due to edges. Then again, I use reverse swing quite a bit. If you use the special delivery at the right time (the bouncer) you can get an edge out of even the most confident batsmen.

Ever have AI edge one for a four off of you? I don't think I've ever seen it done that realistically in a game. Only problem I have with that is that the batsman's confidence actually goes up. :rolleyes:

Lol yea. I have edged for four a few times. I also get quite alot of leading edges aswell. Ill have to try out the bouncer thing.

Reverse swing eh? I likes the sound of THAT!
How do you do it?

Users who are viewing this thread