How is dual core faster than a single-core running at the same speed?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
What I need to know is how's a dual core running at 1.80Ghz faster than a single-core running at the same speed, as I've read that the dual core power only really comes into effect when games are coded to take advantage of dual core?

omkarjere

International Cricketer
I think it simple like if 1 man takes 24 hours build a wall then 2 men will take 12 hours for building a wall. Isn't it simple :D :D

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
What I need to know is how's a dual core running at 1.80Ghz faster than a single-core running at the same speed, as I've read that the dual core power only really comes into effect when games are coded to take advantage of dual core?
Most of the upcoming games are going to be coded and optimised for dual core processors so, dual core is the way forward.
A quick example is, say you are playing in a level in xyz game. Now divide the instructions into 2 parts say, AI calculations and Physics processing. On single core both parts' instructions will have to processed one by one resulting in a modest or low frames per second. One dual core, if coded properly, AI calculations can run on one core and Physics calculations can run on second core simultaneously resulting in increased frames rendered per second. Overall, a much better gaming experience.

Users who are viewing this thread