i now hate this game A REAL REVIEW

KyleP

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It is so boring, predictable and very very very annoying!

if anyone is thinking about purchasing , DONT

its porbably the worst cricket game i have ever played

when i first bought it i really enjoyed the first few matches but very quickly caught on its such a badly made game!

here are several downfalls which make this game unplayable

1. AI Batting , its probably the worst ai in a sports game for a long long time
in a fast paced 10-50 over game they never run when theres easily 1 or 2 quick runs to be had, Also they hit it in the same spot depending on the field layout you have!. If you have a gap on the offside, they will attempt to hit the ball down there all the time.., If there is no gaps it will attempt to ball behind him all the time!, even if u have a third man and fine leg fielder ,
It has no brains!, it will hit it there ...and theres an obvious 1 run to be had , it wont run it..
(Ive done several tests with it , on different teams and on average every 10 overs they get 1 runs)
So now you have the worst part of the game the batting!
With its repetitive batting play which will surely drive you crazy after several overs!

I love games which are as much reallife to the sport, which brings me on to number 2

2.The commentry is appauling if its not one commentator saying the same line after all 6 balls on the over , its one commentator rambling on throught the whole over without even updateing the game!
Yes its true!, even if you score 6's, LBW Calls or other major effects in the game , there is one guy rambling on how fit you have to be in 'todays cricket' or how important it is to have '2 good opening batsmen' Its annoyed me so much today i shouted 'shut the f**k up' at the screen, thats how crazy im getting playing the game!

3. A nice sunday afteroon relaxing game of cricket was one major plus for me when playing slow paced cricket games such as cricket 2002 and brian lara for playstation,..A like a slow informative over when the crowed react to the important things in a game!
OH NO not with blic2005 ! , this game is so fast paced u can play an over in under 30 seconds, i can see that may be a plus to some people , but its totaly annoying when you can continiously hear the crowed SHOUTING AND SCREEMING through the whole 'f**ck**g game!

4. Batting , id say batting is as bad as the rest of the game, i was quite shocked when i first saw the batting as the play does not react in anyway untill he strikes the ball , when he does it isnt a smoothly operated slowly progressive shot down the legside!. No! its an intant blur of what seems to be the same shot being played all the time!. also when in real life cricket that the last 3 batmens cant even get the ball to touch there bat?..Well in blic05 it seems to be!...

5. Overall this game is very disapointing , it seems the effort has gone in but in all the wrong places , i meen the types of bowling and is very nice and refreshing to have in a long game , but all the important factors to have in a long played game is not there.

Im seriously thinking about selling this game tommorow

i have to say i agree with you in some parts, but it isnt the worst cricket game ever! i think codemasters made a big mistake though with the pace of the game, like you said

KyleP said:

when i first bought it i really enjoyed the first few matches but very quickly caught on its such a badly made game!

in a fast paced 10-50 over game they never run when theres easily 1 or 2 quick runs to be had, Also they hit it in the same spot depending on the field layout you have!. If you have a gap on the offside, they will attempt to hit the ball down there all the time.., If there is no gaps it will attempt to ball behind him all the time!, even if u have a third man and fine leg fielder ,
It has no brains!, it will hit it there ...and theres an obvious 1 run to be had , it wont run it..
(Ive done several tests with it , on different teams and on average every 10 overs they get 1 runs)
With its repetitive batting play which will surely drive you crazy after several overs!

I love games which are as much reallife to the sport, which brings me on to number 2

2.The commentry is appauling if its not one commentator saying the same line after all 6 balls on the over , its one commentator rambling on throught the whole over without even updateing the game!
Yes its true!, even if you score 6's, LBW Calls or other major effects in the game , there is one guy rambling on how fit you have to be in 'todays cricket' or how important it is to have '2 good opening batsmen' Its annoyed me so much today i shouted 'shut the f**k up' at the screen, thats how crazy im getting playing the game!

3. A nice sunday afteroon relaxing game of cricket was one major plus for me when playing slow paced cricket games such as cricket 2002 and brian lara for playstation,..A like a slow informative over when the crowed react to the important things in a game!
OH NO not with blic2005 ! , this game is so fast paced u can play an over in under 30 seconds, i can see that may be a plus to some people , but its totaly annoying when you can continiously hear the crowed SHOUTING AND SCREEMING through the whole 'f**ck**g game!

4. Batting , id say batting is as bad as the rest of the game, i was quite shocked when i first saw the batting as the play does not react in anyway untill he strikes the ball , when he does it isnt a smoothly operated slowly progressive shot down the legside!. No! its an intant blur of what seems to be the same shot being played all the time!. also when in real life cricket that the last 3 batmens cant even get the ball to touch there bat?..Well in blic05 it seems to be!...

5. Overall this game is very disapointing , it seems the effort has gone in but in all the wrong places , i meen the types of bowling and is very nice and refreshing to have in a long game , but all the important factors to have in a long played game is not there.

Kyle p you are not alone. I agree with you there mate. I am also getting rid becasue this pile of shi.t is a waist of money

i totally agree with u mate.

THE FULL FORM OF BLIC :-

BLIC = BRAIN LESS INTERNATIONAL CRICKET ;) :D

lol

they tried...they really did and id trust a next version of theirs to be better. unlike ea sports where they promise features in every game and never live upto it. the reason why a lot of ppl are ticked off about BLIC is because everyone was expecting WAYYYYYYY too much and thats why EA CRICKET 2005 did well cuz everyone expected it to be horrible...but thats just my opinion

I am playing the game at test level and loving it, I thing the AI in the game is more suited for Test matches than one dayers and I love playin Test matches on this game. though the game is far below my expectations, its much better than EA's effort and Im bought it cause I want them to make future cricket games and I am sure this would be a promising franchisee :)

Last edited:
Hey guys i dun know which game to get. I'd like a game thats fun to play, realistic, and doesnt have many bugs. Which game would be more suited to me?

well im playin a test vs australia atm as england. i got em out for 240 odd cos i ripped through the lower order on a crumbling wicket. unfortuantly i am a noob and got bowled out for 67 but thats good cos it shows that there is a lot of improovement to be made.... this is on hardest level. i am havin loads of fun with BLIC but it does have some obvious flaws that are pointed out on many threads here but so does cricket 2005.

maybe both?

Does Cricket 2005 have any of the old bugs that were on Cricket 2004? Also i've read tonnes of review an they all say that Cricket 2005 is realistic but tv presentation is poor an its extremely hard to play. For Brian Lara the reviews often say that it is fun to play but not-realistic. I've also heard lately that there are tonnes of annoying bugs in it as well. Is this all true?

KyleP said:

have u gt anything more to say :mad:

i agree with ai not chasing the runs! but they are preety good ! i got newzeland all out for 68 at the same time i gt zimbabwe all out for 234 ( real like score)... and the batting is perfect... i only agree with yaaa on one occasion thats it :S

the AI is much more suited to test matches. maybe there is only 1 AI for all modes, test and one dayers? :-|

Just got my copy of BLIC, and you know what.....it is a fun game. Batting is way too easy, but bowling and taking wickets is very hard. This game is for people who just really like cricket, its not for hardcore cricketers.

Thats what I thought when I first played Cricket 2004, but the patch makers made it all better for me. :cool:

BTW, if you want tough, try winning the world cup playing as USA :p

Really? What other cricket games have you played? If you think its worse than WC 99, C2K, C2K2, and C2K4, well then all I can say is 'What the hell is wrong with you?' :p

Last edited:
KyleP said:

Does the fact that you hate the game make it a real review.

Users who are viewing this thread