ICC 2010 - Wish List

I agree with what Sureshot has said about the player's attributes, it's better to not have any/can't see them. It makes the game more realistic. I've always hated games where you could just look at bogus stats to determine if someone was good.

Some things I would like to see:

-More Leagues

-F/RFM/RMF/RM actually mean something. Too many RM's end up being really good when in real life that just wouldn't happen. Maybe only have Fast/Express bowlers come along once of twice every 2/3 years, but that doesn't mean they'll be any good.

-I haven't played that much of 09 but have the 20/20 simulation's been fixed, other countries just don't seem to play 20/20 games during their domestic season?

-One thing I'd like to see (it really isn't that important but still) is having players that open in OD cricket (Mustard) not being able to do it very well in FC cricket (Or maybe not have the little opener tag next to his name when you play FC cricket) it's not really a biggie but that could make the game more realistic

-Under 19 Teams, for each country. It would be really cool if you could see you're 17-18 year old going great guns agains other people at his own age. It would give you a decent gauge on how good he'll be in the future.

-Player's that start off as bowlers only but are able to average 20-25 plus should improve their batting over time and once they're good enough get a all-rounder tag under their name. Maybe something like that anyway. I've always wanted to see players that actually improve their batting upgraded to all-rounders.

-More sixes at the end of the innings.

Something deffo needs to be done is sortable columns, just something simple by being aable to click on runs and sort the players by runs, not just by average as it is now.

With a game that is highly statistical, something like this is a must.

Under 19s is good idea. Both domestically and internationally.

Ive not got to far into the game, but are there games/competitions for the developmental nations, this would be a good addition.

Something deffo needs to be done is sortable columns, just something simple by being aable to click on runs and sort the players by runs, not just by average as it is now.

With a game that is highly statistical, something like this is a must.

Agreed. Sortable columns.

More Domestic Leagues.
I'd personally like Australia and India in perticular.
I'd like to see the contracts improved,and the ability to try and contract an international as a Kolpak.

I've also noticed that I can bring a player into the international scene for a debut,and more often then not,they'll perform really well in their first test.
Hughes,Warner both reached 100 in their first tests.

I've also noticed that I can bring a player into the international scene for a debut,and more often then not,they'll perform really well in their first test.
Hughes,Warner both reached 100 in their first tests.

Phil Hughes DID make a hundred in first test. I think he made 0 and 100+ or 0 and 75. Maybe I'm wrong. But if not it was most certainly his second test, where he would have made another hundred anyway. I just know it was two hundreds in 2 tests haha. As for David Warner, he'll never play a Test so not much we can say about that.

Now something I've noticed is that the boundary ropes and the grass texture I think, makes it look and feel like we're playing on some random park rather than a stadium. If I remember correctly they're unlicensed or something but still, it's lacking that stadium feel. And thus makes ODI's seem less fun.

ALSO, when are we gonna have day night matches?

My wish list:
- Sortable columns. For a game that is based on performance and not attributes, this really hurts.
- Better (read more) pitches/pitch preparation. Some of the things I'd like to see are hardness and pace of the pitch. I for one have found the pitches to be rather one dimensional in ICC.
- Better statistical analysis of players (by pitch/position/bowler type, etc). If online management games can do it, then why not a PC based software?!
- A better training system. It is nice to have the technique training.... but which of the 8 odd options to use for your batsman? His player page rarely gives any information!
- Agree completely about more leagues.
- Would like to see the effectiveness of full agression in ODs increased (it works well in T20, but rarely in ODs - it is still cricket, you know!)

i think leagues for all test playing nations should be playable, and also the youth setup idea is awsome, a career would be good where you have a job security rating depending on the performance of your team and the ability to change teams would be very very good as your career progresses and as your reputaion builds

choosing to add tours for international teams durring huge gaps would be good as well and also the ability to decide the number of games....

more t20s for some teams because in 09 i am sri lanka and i am in 2012 now and havent played t20 game since wining the tournament in 09 england........

also a t20 world cup every 2 years like in real life and also if possible an IPL.....

As well as leagues, I wouldn't mind seeing something like being able to captain an associate team (Afghanistan would be AWESOME here) and play through World Cup Qualifiers and Associate Tournaments and such, and being able to get ODI and eventually test status. How awesome would that be, come on?

Might be being an utter cardboard box here but I would like to see a better manual that comes with the game. Its actually quite hard to get to know all the ins and outs of the game if you are new to it. I realise that it takes time but I few actual walk-throughs or a demo game would be very helpful. I know a lot of poeple might think this number 784 on the list but its just my little tuppence worth.

I'll say it again. Please, please, please. Make international teams free to use for online games! It's so boring for me to use English counties.

In a county season I just saw NZ vs AUS in NZ and then the next tour was AUS vs NZ in AUS. So maybe fix up the future tours programme a bit.

More domestic competitions, as all the players are already in the game that is really a must.

More stats, just look at cricinfo and cricketweb and the stats they have available.

Better contract system, have youth contracts, part year contracts, sign multiple overseas players but only be able to play one in your XI as they often go off and play for there country.

Better regen system. Make it so they dont get selected for ENG as there rating is good. I had a guy who averged 30 in like 15 FC matches and he didn't even make it into my XI and he got selected for ENG after playing 2nd XI cricket.

Have to make some player randomness. On every game they same 20 year olds end up on top of player rankings by 2015 almost every game. This would actually mean you have to work out who is good and who is not.

Have scouts to scout at youth talent and other teams.

Better training programme, maybe training reports and things like that so you can keep an eye on players.

Maybe have bowling preferences as there are batting ones, dont really see any negatives to that.

Maybe increase game play/graphics a bit as quite often I see a guy hit it and its gone to the boundary before my fielder has moved. Then you go to the field setting and the shot was right next to where the player was...

On very defensive they should not get out trying to slog, that just doesn't happen.

Player career I have mentioned this in another thread.

Have the ability to arrange your own tours etc. maybe like take county teams on pre season tours.

Add a manager mode where you can get fired and re hired etc, also i made a thread on this.

Better shot variation as I don't see them play straight very often. At the moment the are very square of the wicket orientated. Take away the shot where they move a meter outside leg and try cut it...

I no an editor isnt going to happen but ill mention it anyway...

And I could probably think of a few more things that i may post later.

Users who are viewing this thread