ICC 2010 - Wish List

@ CG, how you said that 20 year olds become top of the ranking after 6 odd years. A way to fix that would be a potential ability which would affect how much they will develop. Like they do in Football Manager. More domestic teams are a must. Maybe have higher levels to spread out the best players from all the regens and maybe have a regen or 2 that get high skills and by 28 should be in the international team or something like that. What I also want to know is if being the captain actual affects anything.

As well as leagues, I wouldn't mind seeing something like being able to captain an associate team (Afghanistan would be AWESOME here) and play through World Cup Qualifiers and Associate Tournaments and such, and being able to get ODI and eventually test status. How awesome would that be, come on?

yh that is a great idea it would be awsome to bring a associate up to test level i hope that will be an adition to the future icc games

Please make Sri Lanka's bowling less superhuman.

Where's the Champions Trophy? How can you not put in a event like that? I also feel like we should be able to take control over our board, and decide who we play and all. Sometimes you have to wait like four years to play a team...

Ive only just played an away test series against Banglas just now, in 2013. 4 years and not even one test series against them...

yes it completely ridiculous i havent even played australia or south africa which are two teams i really want to play with SL and i am in 2013 as well this is ridiculous... control of our boards and making are own tours at the begining of each season will be good in that way we can chose which countries to play...

as i have mentioned earliyer more, t20 world cups and ofcourse the champions trophy needs to be there......

I don't really have a problem with the international mode. Of course improvements can be made, such as schedules and tournaments etc.

The biggest problem is the amount of game modes is very limited...
I discussed possible other ones here:

More Game Modes

We try to be as accurate as possible, using the stated FTP up until it runs out, I don't see us not using the FTP as a base in the future.

There needs to be more depth to the gameplay, especially with regards to batting. It becomes very repetitive when all you can do with the batting is set the aggression bar. Why can't there be something like instructing your batsman to take more singles or play certain shots against certain bowlers, and with respect to the oppositions field settings?
I also think there needs to be more in terms with fielding. Players should have some indicators of their fielding performances as I think in real life, especially modern day cricket, fielding plays a major role in team performances.
Who you choose as captain should have some significance, such as maybe boost the players' morale. At the moment I don't know if captaincy has any effect, as essentially the player is the 'captain'.
I think having player stats would be a good concept because it would give more overall strategy, but I know that there are serious objections to the idea and it's not happening any time soon so I'll leave that out of this discussion for now.

Last edited:
@ SaadHabib. Agree with all your points.

Better commentary, it has been the same for years now.

Instead of; "And that's four". Change it to; "Player X backed up and hammered that one through the off side for four. He's just looking better and better here as he approaches his fifty."

Instead of; "And the umpires given it". Change it to; "Up goes that dreaded finger. It pitched outside off but straightened just enough to leave Player X stranded on the crease line. There would be a riot if that one wasn't given."

Maybe introduce venue's like in the old ICC's. Just to add some more realism to it.

More statistics, as that is what cricket is all about.

No super players like Hughes and Mendis.

When you play an international save the domestic cricket is done really badly. I have noticed that all keepers and part time keepers pick up almost one stumping a game. If the other domestic competitions are still going to be unplayable at least make an effort to make them realistic like right amount of games and stuff like that each season.

^Yeah, it would be nice to know which stadium/city you're playing in.

I think they should give us more options about series seleciton,

And they should add:

ICC Champions trophy
IPL
CL
Asia Cup

Users who are viewing this thread