ICC announces World Twenty20 2010 groups and venues

jordox

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
But it did mean something. 2009 was a fantastic competition.

I've heard the opposite from a lot of people.

Anyway, maybe it's just a personal thing I have but when the 2009 T20 World Cup was on straight after the IPL, I turned over the channel. Couldn't be bothered.

T20=Overkill.

Sick of it.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I guess people like the 2009 edition more after India were eliminated.:p

lexluger

Club Captain
Instead of having one every year or couple of years,it can be staged once in every 4 years...Thats how World Cups in every other Sport including cricket are staged right ?:mad
To me the T20 World cup does not look like a major sporting event,it looks like the players and teams are being forced to play street cricket.

If they stage it every 4 years it will atleast have the World Cup feel to it.But at this rate the ICC would do anything to have T20 events and might even introduce a T20 champions trophy once a year/ every 6 months.

musama91

School Cricketer
OMFG - why another 2020 next. thats just the ICC being greedy now. No one will care about the tournament either as it happens every friggin year

piriyanth

International Cricketer
I prefrer T20 worldcup over IPL anyday but still they're overkilling it by hosting it every year .

They should only host it once in every 2 years.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I prefrer T20 worldcup over IPL anyday but still they're overkilling it by hosting it every year .

They should only host it once in every 2 years.
If you had bothered to read the thread you would have noted, many times, that the only reason this is being held back to back is to avoid it clashing with the actual World Cup.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
If you had bothered to read the thread you would have noted, many times, that the only reason this is being held back to back is to avoid it clashing with the actual World Cup.

It's being hosted next year is it not, the logical thing would of been to host it in 2012.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
It's being hosted next year is it not, the logical thing would of been to host it in 2012.
They want to host it every 2 years and not have it clash with the World Cup. They chose to get in phase earlier rather than later.

So this is how it will be:

2007 - CWC
2007 - T20

2009 - T20

2010 - T20

2011 - CWC

2012 - T20
2014 - T20

2015 - CWC

Users who are viewing this thread