ICC announces World Twenty20 2010 groups and venues

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its in the West Indies, where the wickets are slow and low. I dont think the short pitched stuff should trouble us too much in WI (same as what happened in the recent ODI series). We should be better placed. And hopefully in 2010, the Raina's and Sharma's should be better placed to handle the short pitched deliveries. I wish atleast one of Sachin or Dravid play the World Cup and provide experience and stability to the team.

I do`nt see Sachin or Rahul playing the 2010 T20 WC, especially with a huge home World Cup coming up in 2011. I`d rather have them fit for the biggest ODI event in cricket than a T20 event which really at the end of the day of lesser importance to the 50-over WC.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I do`nt see Sachin or Rahul playing the 2010 T20 WC, especially with a huge home World Cup coming up in 2011. I`d rather have them fit for the biggest ODI event in cricket than a T20 event which really at the end of the day of lesser importance to the 50-over WC.
The two events are a year apart, so after the Twenty20 they will have a year to get ready for the 50 over!

jordox

International Cricketer
Who ever gets put into group C is worms meat.

But I don't really care. I've had enough of T20 talk.

aditya123

National Board President
The two events are a year apart, so after the Twenty20 they will have a year to get ready for the 50 over!

What I mean is that they might`ve thought of playing in the T20 WC had there not been another big event for some time but in this case with the 50-over WC on the horizon, there`d be a reason for them to think of it as their swansong.

jordox

International Cricketer
Wait, why the hell is the T20 world cup on all the freaking time? 2010? Please no.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Wait, why the hell is the T20 world cup on all the freaking time? 2010? Please no.
It is every other year.

It is only in back to back years this time so it doesn't clash with the 50 over WC.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its smarter to get it off in 2010 when T20 cricket is at (or close to) its commercial best. Who knows what will happen tomorrow? I have a feeling that T20 is like a goose that lays the golden egg. Not sure when they will kill the goose to get all the eggs at one go.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Its smarter to get it off in 2010 when T20 cricket is at (or close to) its commercial best. Who knows what will happen tomorrow? I have a feeling that T20 is like a goose that lays the golden egg. Not sure when they will kill the goose to get all the eggs at one go.

But holding it less then a year after the previous one is such a stupid move.

jordox

International Cricketer
But holding it less then a year after the previous one is such a stupid move.

It sure is, and having them so close to each other means that interest goes down.

I barely cared about the 2007 one, the 2009 competition I showed little interest and I'm not sure if I'll even be bothered at all about the 2010 version. It ain't going to mean a thing.

P

pcfan123

so we just had 2009 IPL till may, then 2020 world cup in June then we will have 2010 IPL again for 2 months till may then 2010 2020 WC in May! Also sandwich in Champions league this September (IIRC). hmmm and they say we play too much Test Cricket nowadays.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It sure is, and having them so close to each other means that interest goes down.

I barely cared about the 2007 one, the 2009 competition I showed little interest and I'm not sure if I'll even be bothered at all about the 2010 version. It ain't going to mean a thing.
But it did mean something. 2009 was a fantastic competition.

aditya123

National Board President
But that has to do a lot with how multicultural England is - fans from every nation live in England, so for every team (especially Pakistan and India), they felt like home games.

Exactly. I don`t see 2010 T20 WC being as successful.

P

pcfan123

It depends on what the incompetent WICB do. If they over price the tickets and put strict restrictions on what you can bring to the ground, then yes it will be a failure. I think they have learned their lesson from the 2007 ODI WC, but then again it is the WICB

Users who are viewing this thread