ICC Confirms World Cup 2007 groupings

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
iceman_waugh said:
good choice of countries.
but i'd like to see one of these actually give a fight to one of the lower placed cricketing nations(zim,bangla,ken)
They almost certainly will. Ireland beat Zimbabwe back in 2003 (and the West Indies last year). Scotland beat Bangladesh and Kenya last year. Canada beat Bangladesh at the last World Cup. The gap between the top associates and the lower ranks of test cricket is quite close.

irottev

School Cricketer
I can't wait, this World Cup might be a close one. In my opinion South Africa, Pakistan, India, NZ, England are all pretty good at the moment, there isn't much between these teams. Australia are obviously favorites.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
In the Super Eight I predict this will happen :

(Goign on form of course)

AND if these 8 teams get in Super 8 (which they should)

Australia
New Zealand
England
Sri Lanka
Pakistan
India
West Indies
South Africa

I predict we will have another close game between England and Australia like the WC 2003 match.

I predict there will be a record breaking crowd for Pakistan vs India

I predict West Indies will collapse.

I predict Trinidad will sink under water. :P j/k!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
i feel the aussies would manage the semis
and imagine if we have an india pakistan world cup final.
god the tensions would be high,but considering the way india is playing...even the super 8 looks tough...

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
andrew_nixon said:
I disagree. Groups 3 and 4 certianly have a chance of a minor team getting through, considering how ropey England and the West Indies can be in ODIs.
Come on. Surely you don't think that England can lose to Kenya and an ICC associate. All you need is Stephen Harmison to rip through the top order. About West Indies, there is more of a chance of them failing, especially with their history of losing to these 'newcomers.' Do all matches have ODI status, including the ones with the associate countries?

vibs89

School Cricketer
I am sure that USA will be qualify for World Cup. Anyway India has an easy group which is against Sri-Lanka and Bangladesh and anyone who is qualifyinfrom Ireland cup

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
sohummisra said:
Come on. Surely you don't think that England can lose to Kenya and an ICC associate. All you need is Stephen Harmison to rip through the top order. About West Indies, there is more of a chance of them failing, especially with their history of losing to these 'newcomers.' Do all matches have ODI status, including the ones with the associate countries?
Yes I do think that England can lose to an ICC associate. They're very ropey in ODIs. And yes, all matches in the World Cup will have ODI status.

brad352

Executive member
sohummisra said:
All you need is Stephen Harmison to rip through the top order.
Too bad it's not in England, he'll be "homesick" again and not be able to perform

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
iceman_waugh said:
i feel the aussies would manage the semis
and imagine if we have an india pakistan world cup final.
god the tensions would be high,but considering the way india is playing...even the super 8 looks tough...

we cant consider India's current game. Anything can happen between now and the start of the new World Cup in 2007. India have been given a big reality check, a check that they are not anywhere in the top three.. now, they should be eager to win and get back to the groove. and if we get a good coach who is determined in his goals and can take us forward, i dont see why we cant enter the finals again...

carl johnson

Club Cricketer
thank for the information

thank for the information i was eagerly waiting for the groupings to release.now i am eagerly waiting for the world cup i hope and really want go to west indies and watch a few matches especially the final and i hope it is india versus australia,because india can easily qualify for the super six and if they work hard in to the semi final and in to the final and win it.i am already crossing my fingers.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I hope England don't qualify...that will make things interesting :D. I still don't think England are capable of losing to an associate, though...

Users who are viewing this thread