ICC Champions Trophy 2013 - England & Wales

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This will be a good tournament. Hoping India can find the team that can do well this time around. With the new selection panel, I am keeping fingers crossed. They took the bold step of dropping Sehwag, Harbhajan and Zaheer from the probables itself. Hope they choose the right team with enough players who can bat well in English conditions. I feel Pujara might be necessary here because he is technically good to handle tough conditions. Him and Rahane should be there. But if the A-tour to SA clashes with this, Pujara should go to SA.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
^Pujara is not in the probables.

They can select a player who was not in the preliminary squad. Even a recent article in Cricinfo mentioned that Pujara was not included in the probables only because he is expected to tour with the India-A team to South Africa and the two series might clash. If they don't clash, Pujara will be considered for the Champions trophy.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
They can, yes. But then I would agree with you to send him to RSA. :thumbs
Anyways, I heard he has fitness issues.

His fitness issues will be resolved in the next few weeks itself. He is joining RCB after missing the first few weeks of IPL. Unless he has another injury, he should be fine in the next few weeks.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Champions Trophy 2013 : Mitchell Marsh to be recalled for Champions Trophy | Cricket News | ICC Champions Trophy | ESPN Cricinfo

quote said:
Champions Trophy squad: Michael Clarke (capt), George Bailey (vice-capt), David Warner, Shane Watson, Phillip Hughes, Adam Voges, Matthew Wade, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Marsh, James Faulkner, Xavier Doherty, Clint McKay, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Coulter-Nile.

If this is the final squad, like the Ashes squad this is a good effort from the selectors. Only issue would be the continued selection of Doherty, what the selection continue to see in him as a player in any format i'll never know.

AUS don't have a good ODI spinner who can be a wicket-taking threat of even be a good stock bowler since Hogg retired. Maxwell as the spin-bowling/all-rounder + Voges can roll over their arms in match & that will be enough.

Doherty's place should have gone to Henriques or Ben Cutting.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The expected squad which is good. From that
Warner
Watson
Hughes
Clarke
Bailey
Wade
Faulkner
Starc
Johnson
McKay
Doherty

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
They should open with Watson and Hughes, Clarke at 3 and Voges in at 6. Warner is pretty ordinary for the number of chances and the amount of security he has in the team.

Users who are viewing this thread