ICC Champions Trophy 2017

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Congratulations Pakistan. Thoroughly deserve it. India was outplayed in both departments today. Right after the no-ball wicket, only one team looked like they wanted to win.

Enjoy the success. You deserve it.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
That was a game worth watching. And as Atherton mentioned, I think Pakistan should trust youth even when they fail, than axing and calling the old guns.

Karachi

Associate Captain
Even after being a Viratian, I agree with you on this. He can't play as a captain in crucial games like Finals. His captaincy in IPL finals in two different seasons and today's final is the true evidence. He becomes clueless on whom to select in playing XI, control the innings through bowlers rotation etc..

That would entail that he too suffers from Sachin Syndrome of the late 90's & early 2000's. Sachin was amazing when left without the burden of captaincy. Captaincy adversely effected both his batting & decision-making.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Want to sleep well, would like to say sorry to anyone who felt I insulted their team, feelings and their support or patriotism. It wasn't my intention, just my opinion and thoughts. Once again, a massive congratulations to PAK and the PAK posters here. I stand corrected on my 5 team CT idea. Massive cheers guys! Well deserved! About time PAK had something to cheer about.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
That would entail that he too suffers from Sachin Syndrome of the late 90's & early 2000's. Sachin was amazing when left without the burden of captaincy. Captaincy adversely effected both his batting & decision-making.
Exactly. Most of the people consider Virat as next Sachin Tendukar (even I do for some similarities in quality between the two) Maybe this is one of them?

thetruespiderman493

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Facts are facts.. He is not fit for LO Cricket.
Today in a pressure situation he played at a SR of 84 and scored runs.... If he continues with this form we should keep him around unless Sharjeel is available.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well played Pakistan. This loss was on cards. Beautiful batting and superb lethal bowling. Congratulations and party hard. Let the neighbours hear the party you people do as you genuinely deserve it

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Great performance by Pakistan.

We just did not turn up today. Pandya was exceptional today but still do not agree with him playing as the 3rd seamer. India did not make the best of the bowling resources they have. Playing 2 fingerspinners against Pakistan is another huge blunder. We got away with this defensive decision making in the previous games but not today. The difference today was that Pakistan bowled to take wickets and we bowled to contain. Ashwin and Jadeja are not wickettaking options in ODIs. Also, its timr to look beyond Yuvraj and MSD. They have been great servants of the game but seem lost now. We need to blood in young players in their place. Pandya can slot into Yuvraj's spot and possibly Pant replacing Dhoni.

Congrats to Pakistani fans. You guys deserve to celebrate. Remember this event as one tournament where Indian fans rooted for Pakistan right through, except for the finals. Hope Pakistan cricket regains its lost glory.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan has been so consistent what was so great to see how they never looked back after the first defeat and nearly demolish each side quite comprehensively except that SL game which was because of some batting plunders.

As far as India is concerned, I believe that they are relying too heavily in their top 3 at the moment. If you want to be an undisputed team like Australia You got to have a solid middle order and lower order batsmen as well beyond the opening pair and Kholi. Kholi's this kind of dismissal hasn't been new at least for me. He has always been vulnerable in that cover and slip area early on right from the beginning of his career. Every batsman has his weakness, nothing to take away from his caliber but his weak area is to bowl him on good length early on because he is at times shaky to give you a catch at slip or cover point.

I remember Warne said today that Pakistan's attitude is Final like while India is looking sloppy in field and bit defensive in approach. It is always tough to chase anything above 300 in an important match like this one.

In this tournament, I got the chance to see full fledge Indian lineup and how they plays. I suggest them to drop Sir Ravindera Jedaja, and start finding good batsmen in the middle order. Bhuvi is a good prospect and Bumrah is 50-50 in my opinion. Ashwin has lost it for ODI's so better to find another spinner.

As for Pakistan, Pakistan needs to look for replacements for Mailk and Hafeez from here and has to decide whether they want to take them for World Cup or not after two years. I still believe that Azhar is a forced selection in ODIs but if he is performing at the moment. You can't really drop him. Imaad is a concern as well. He needs to put more effort on his skills than styles.

Nutshell, Keep going with the young blood and don't look back to select the fired guns....

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Great performance by Pakistan.

We just did not turn up today. Pandya was exceptional today but still do not agree with him playing as the 3rd seamer. India did not make the best of the bowling resources they have. Playing 2 fingerspinners against Pakistan is another huge blunder. We got away with this defensive decision making in the previous games but not today. The difference today was that Pakistan bowled to take wickets and we bowled to contain. Ashwin and Jadeja are not wickettaking options in ODIs. Also, its timr to look beyond Yuvraj and MSD. They have been great servants of the game but seem lost now. We need to blood in young players in their place. Pandya can slot into Yuvraj's spot and possibly Pant replacing Dhoni.

Congrats to Pakistani fans. You guys deserve to celebrate. Remember this event as one tournament where Indian fans rooted for Pakistan right through, except for the finals. Hope Pakistan cricket regains its lost glory.

Knee-jerk reactions.

First of all, Pandya qualifies ahead of Jadhav as a No.6 alone. Common perception was, Jadhav is a batsman capable of rescuing us from 100-4 but Pandya isn't. Rubbish! I'm not doubting Jadhav, but just because Pandya's style is to attack and attack hard doesn't mean he's not fit for the job. We have an obsession with numbers and statistics. Just look at each innings that Pandya played in the IPL and prior to that in the domestic ODI's and T20's. He strikes them CLEAN. A lot like MSD in his prime. He needs to be developed and tempered in the right vein under the guidance of MSD. For me, he's a no brainer @ 6.

Secondly, Yuvraj was the guy who won us the game against this same attack in the first game minus Wahab Riaz. (boy did I miss him today!) MSD's keeping as usual went unnoticed in this series which generally means your keeper has done a terrific job and he was once again able to make a few contributions of substance with the bat. I think he's priceless at No.5 and I would gladly have him for the 2019 WC, even on current form. I have repeatedly said that Ashwin is a LIABILITY in limited overs! Hell, I won't buy his test accolades till he does something outside the dust bowls he bowls on! Jadeja needs to go as well. He can't be in the side for his fielding! He doesn't qualify as a batsman, and doesn't qualify as a bowler either!!

In my honest opinion? I don't rate either of Dhawan's or Sharma's runs in this tournament. Let's face it. India hardly played a quality attack this series. The SA game was over already when India trundled out to bat!

My honest, unbiased ODI team for India is as follows-

Pant
R Sharma
Kohli
Yuvraj
MS Dhoni
Pandya
B Kumar
K Yadav
M Shami
J Bumrah
Y Chahal

I'd have Dhawan and Jadhav as back up batters.. U Yadav as back up seamer and may be Axar Patel as someone who I can introduce instead of Chahal if the batting doesn't click!

Users who are viewing this thread