ICC III hands on/first impression

dikon

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Got it through today (pre-ordered through gameplay) and after doing the first game of a world cup with england, my impressions are generally positive. The new 3d engine definately adds something to the immersion and the game seemed a bit more well balanced than before. NZ made 270/6 off 50 overs and i lost by 7 runs

Get some screenshots up please.

alan t

School Cricketer
the game can now be downloaded from childishthings.co.uk

Last edited:

ross_ntu

School Cricketer
I recieved mine today from Gameplay and have to say I'm generally impressed. The game so far is pretty similar to prior releases, but that is no bad thing in some ways, as the engine has always produced fairly believable results imho. The main change is the 3D, and that is quite a big change for anyone who has followed this series! They are not fantastic (I mean graphically) but really add to the level of interest. There seems to be a good variety of shots too - similar to before, so it is interesting to watch too- nothing so far that has been so glitchy it has brought me back to reality. So overall I am actually happier than I thought I might be, and this will, barring events I cannot imagine, be my cricket game of choice for the forseeable future.

I have so far played one game as Yorkshire against Surrey, which ended in a draw. I put them with overhead conditions in my favour, but they made 370ish. I then made 395 before I bowled them out for 290, leaving me two sessions to score approx 260. We got to 205-8 by the close of play, although Rudolph and Matthew Wood looked like they might do it at one point.

Anyway, I can certainly report I am enjoying it and am glad I spent my ?17.99.

Ross

somersetccc

School Cricketer
Trials on Childishthings.co.uk,just go to download...

DOWNLOAD NOW....

Animator!

School Cricketer
Rubbing salt into the wounds that. Not only can I not play the game over the weekend because my Mum and Dad are in Reading for my sister's grauation and I'm having to stay with my Auntie, who doesn't have a computer. Now I cannot even try the game first .

alan t

School Cricketer
Well if u think about it getting it at midnight isnt such a bad thing it means the download ends at midnight on sat. if you download it now, it will end at midnight on friday

Users who are viewing this thread