International Cricket Captain III - Official PlanetCricket review

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Excellent Xplosiv e-Review Andrew,I would have given it 7.88/10..if There were textures fixes.:D

I have the game on PS2 and its easily the best and most realistic cricket game ever made. People are complaining that the graphics are crap - if you look at football manager games their highlights are terrible - limited to dots on a field from an overhead view...

Some people dont like the fact that the off-field stuff is not indepth enough. I can understand this. But again for some people this is a good thing becuase it keeps things relatively simple. Again football manager games are so in depth its dawnting! In my own opinion that is...

And you can create your own custom tournaments....or at least test series...

I just wish they had the Australian domestic season in it...there are only 6 teams, it wouldnt be hard. Havent they had it in there before???

G

Gilchrist

I don't believe there has ever been Australian Domestic teams in the ICC Series. But I understand the anger from the fans. They must of heard from the fans and have had numerous chances add more Domestic teams into the game.

iloveireland

Panel of Selectors
There has been a game with Aus Domestic. It is super old. I guess they could make it but why would they?? We'll buy the England one anyway, its a buisness, if somethin aint worth makin they won't make it.

scritty

School Cricketer
I really think the final comment is incorrect. It is the best cricket game compared to its competition. I have full respect for the Cricket Coach guys - I like the game. However, for me ICC3 is much more playable, has a more realistic match engine and has more longevity.

Yes, playing as Australian first class teams would be great - but that and th ability for players to play for two sides (NH and SH) are the only things Cricket Coach has over ICC. Both are good games, but ICC is better.

I case where the old "IMO" comment would have been an idea, ICC is more or less the exact same game it was 10 years ago for me.

Yes it's got 3D graphics - which I'm not at all keen on. Whereas the old 2D match view made sense of the shots played, a lot of the 3D action is just bizarre and detracts from the realism (AFAIC or IMO) Batsmen opening stance baseball style to play along the ground through mid on or mid off, ball passing through batter, off stump being hit and middle and leg being knocked back.
Camera lag on the mid wicket ond square cover boundary, ball going through fielders, keepers facing wrong way. And lets face it they are 3D graphics of a standard that was common in about 2000, I'd much prefer they update the old 2D stuff

Depth isn't compulsory in other text based sims, you can play (and win) at FM2008 or OOTP 2007 (and now OOTP 8) while letting the AI deal with a lot of the options. It's nice that you can deal with these things if you want to.

The depth in ICCIII was fine for ICC ion 1998, it really should have more 9 years later.

That's why CC wins this one for me, and if the CC team continue to develop the game and Childish Things continue to turn out the same match engine year after year..then ICC deserves to fail - for lack of ambition alone.

How many years have we been saying there aren't enough 6's in the game?
How often have people asked for squad management on tour ? (at least ODI and test squad seperation) ?
How many version of the game crash if you declare when the 10 minute "between inning" would take you over the end of the match ?

(I did this to ensure that a player would finish with a season average over 50, which would have been compromised if he'd got out in the last over, game just hangs. Done it in other versions since, often for the same reason - getting out seems to affect form a bit, so if a guy gets a milestone in the last session of the game - i'll declare)

How many crash at the end of the season if you play the mid season ODI final (assuming England make the final) ? and how often has this been pointed out ?

Over and over and over again, the self same bugs and quirks appear year after year. I'm making a bit of an assumptive "leap" here and saying that ICC team don't listen to feedback.

CC team seem to, and try and implement good fan suggestions, in my view that's why they have taken the lead, and deserve to keep it

G

Gilchrist

On the PS2, there are two things that bug me. One, it takes a huge amount of space on the memory card, and two The game often becomes corrupted, anyone one else get that?

silvanski

School Cricketer
Try pressing space ;)

are there other hotkeys and/or undocumented features in ICC3?

edited to add another question ;-)
what fixes are in the patch I downloaded when clicking "internet play"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread