International Cricket Captain 2013

Yogy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
NEW CRICKET CAPTAIN 2013 FEATURES:

? ?All-time greats? series:
- Have you ever wondered how Bradman would have fared against Botham? Play a custom-made international series using all-time-great players.

? Classic England vs. Australia scenarios:
- Play one of five classic test series.

? International on-line:
- By popular demand, you will now be able to play international test, ODI and T20 matches over the internet.
- Improved detection of edited teams in all on-line modes.

? Improved close fielding engine and field-settings:
- Adjustments to the game engine to produce greater realism in close catching and run-scoring.
- Improved animation for close catches and caught/bowled.

? Choose which teams you want to captain: T20, one-day, first-class (or all three) for domestic and international competitions.

? Improvements to international series game modes:
- Select home or away series.
- Option to pick the opposition team (allowing you to replay series as they happened).

? Competition statistics:
- Separate player statistics for current and previous domestic competitions.

? Separate Test, ODI and T20 squads for international fixtures.

Fixtures & Database:

? Updated Fixtures & Database for the 2013 season

Interface & Highlights:

? Completely redesigned interface to provide a beautiful playing experience on all platforms.

? Re-designed and additional stadiums, including different outfield sizes and playing surfaces.

More features to follow.....

jimbob

Club Cricketer
Sounds good. Cant wait to bowl with the Holding, Marshall and Garner. The ICC team have added some really cool things in recent years. I remember the old games where they would just update the database and nothing else.

I think there needs to be allot of work around t20. Id like to see a complete redesign of the t20 match engine. There isnt enough 6s and when batting you dont really have much control, you can either set your batters on full aggression or one down from full. Batsmen should also settle allot quicker in t20 and form (and home ground advantage in the ipl) should have a big impact on that.

They should change the ipl transfer system to make it more like an actual auction, with bidding wars for the top players.

----------

Id love to see A team tours too. So you could send your young players for experience and to help them develop.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
NEW CRICKET CAPTAIN 2013 FEATURES:

? ?All-time greats? series:
- Have you ever wondered how Bradman would have fared against Botham? Play a custom-made international series using all-time-great players.

? Classic England vs. Australia scenarios:
- Play one of five classic test series.

? International on-line:
- By popular demand, you will now be able to play international test, ODI and T20 matches over the internet.
- Improved detection of edited teams in all on-line modes.

? Improved close fielding engine and field-settings:
- Adjustments to the game engine to produce greater realism in close catching and run-scoring.
- Improved animation for close catches and caught/bowled.

? Choose which teams you want to captain: T20, one-day, first-class (or all three) for domestic and international competitions.

? Improvements to international series game modes:
- Select home or away series.
- Option to pick the opposition team (allowing you to replay series as they happened).

? Competition statistics:
- Separate player statistics for current and previous domestic competitions.

? Separate Test, ODI and T20 squads for international fixtures.

Fixtures & Database:

? Updated Fixtures & Database for the 2013 season

Interface & Highlights:

? Completely redesigned interface to provide a beautiful playing experience on all platforms.

? Re-designed and additional stadiums, including different outfield sizes and playing surfaces.

More features to follow.....

Cant wait for release.......Keep working :cheers

someone

Club Captain
The 2 games certainly leaves a bad impression for customers. Seems like this July version can be termed as "hurried"

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
They have managed to draw me in with a step in the right direction. I have criticized the ICC franchise for a few years now for not making any significant progress with where their game was in terms of features. They seem to have addressed some of those concerns.

- Their in-game engine (not the graphics, the actual simulator) has always been fantastic, so any improvement to that must be seen as a plus.
- The classic series and the all-time greats features add a bit of depth to the game.
- Redesigned interface and additional stadiums are good, but they need to go a long way (more on that later) in this field. This is a small step, but it's a small step forward. I'm especially interested in seeing how the different field sizes are represented in-game.

But some major concerned are still unaddressed:
- Still representing only 2 of the 10 major domestic structures in the world of cricket. Representing none of the associates or any of the second- or third-tier competitions.
- Not enough statistical depth - I know they're improving in this department. But what I'm looking for, and what needs to be in a cricket management game is something closer to Statsguru. Maybe not that deep, but opponent/series/venue/home-away splits are absolutely necessary. I'd love it if the game tracked the five best performances (instead of one) for players, keeping track of the opposition, venue, and year of that performance. I think we might get the statistical depth I'm looking for in the next 4-5 iterations of this game. That isn't very good, but given the rate at which this game progresses...
- They still do not have names of stadiums! They used to have them before they went 3D. This cannot be a licensing issue, because CC has a huge stadium database. It would go a long way in adding to the realism of the game.
- No fixture editor. I'm willing to bet anything that teams still do not play as much international cricket in the game as they do in real life. In ICC 10 and 12, I've played international seasons with India which featured 1 test tour and about 10-12 ODIs, which is flatly inaccurate. They keep talking about the FTP, but since teams play outside of the FTP, those matches must be represented in-game. And if the devs are too lazy to do it, give the users a tool to do it.
- No scouting of players. I know the devs have an argument about not revealing player stats (which I find to be rubbish, but that's another discussion for another time), but there is no reason not to have a way to scout your own or your opposition's players. Keep in mind that in reality this is done in EVERY SINGLE professional sport.
- Players have no character as such. This is a pet peeve, that once you're deep in career mode, and all teams are populated by regens, there is little to connect you to the players. Player characteristics (far more detailed than the current off/leg preference, aggressive/defensive, etc) would go a long way in giving players "personality" and distinguishing them from each other on the basis of something other than numbers.

Anyway. This game's MO is baby steps. So maybe by 2020, we'll have half the features I mentioned here. Hopefully.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I still think that they should just release like a $10 update every year, and then focus on putting out "new" games every couple of years. New Zealand domestic cricket should really be there since they should be able to essentially copy the Australian six team structure (with different team names) and just use the New Zealand players who are already in the game.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'm not sure about the kind of resources available to Childish Things, but the missing domestic cricket is something that should've been resolved by now, considering the competition's had it for at least three years now. It just seems that no significant attempt at progress on several fronts (about which fans have been complaining for years) has been made, always citing the lack of resources.

You're spot on about the New Zealand domestic. I believe the Sunfoil Series in South Africa is also six teams, though they seem to play 10 games each. The West Indies regional is a 7-team league, while Zimbabwe's Logan cup has 5 teams playing 8 games each. Those four can probably be implemented without too much trouble. The Bangladesh NCL is a straightforward 8-team league, but I don't know if ICC has the database of Bangla players required for that.

The trouble is in the rest of the subcontinent:

Pakistan has two different competitions - the Quaid-e-Azam (which has 14 teams and a complicated 2-tiered, 2-stage structure), and the President's Trophy (a 10-team league), the problem being that the teams playing in the two competitions are different. Sri Lanka's Premier League has 20 teams in two groups. India's Ranji Trohpy is 27 teams in 3 groups. Those are more problematic.

But my frustration has more to do with the fact that the effort to build these structures should've started some years ago. Instead all I've heard about is lack of resources.
[/rant]

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I know that they don't have a lot of resources, but I definitely still would've liked to have seen NZ and like you say SA as well since a six team competition has already been implemented with Australia, and they already update all of the players anyway. I haven't brought one since 2010, but didn't last year they put in the IPL and the Big Bash so maybe they're spending too much time on T20, or is that no longer a lottery like it is in 2010 and earlier? Like you elude to though imo a "structure" should be in place to put in a new domestic structure each year if they want to continue to brand them as new games, otherwise like I said above just purely update the players and charge like $10. In saying that though the ?All-time greats? series sounds interesting and a good addition, so maybe they are just purely interested in their main two markets, England and Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread