Ind-Aus 2001 Or The Ashes 2005 ? Which has been more exciting ?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I don't think opinions from England or Indian fans are all that valid... :p
Interested to know what the Aussies and other nationalities think?

MAJID-A

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm Pakistani and I'd say that the Pak-India test series 2005 was better than both Ashes or 2001.

sachin

International Coach
I was more nervous during the India series,but more excited during the current Ashes series.

MAJID-A said:
I'm Pakistani and I'd say that the Pak-India test series 2005 was better than both Ashes or 2001.
You obviously live in the fantasy that is; 'Pakistan is good'.You need to have TWO great teams to have a really great series.In that series you are talking about,you didn't have any.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
im a new zealander and i saw both series , but its the ashes for me it has had the most excitement

Indiangod

International Coach
Both were thrilling to watch. But the ind vs aus series in india 2001 might just have the edge. The 2nd test was just amazing I doubt anyone can repeat what dravid and laxman did, over 350 odd runs partnership, gone a day without getting out, and batted all thier skins off.

MWaugh

International Coach
Indiangod said:
Both were thrilling to watch. But the ind vs aus series in india 2001 might just have the edge. The 2nd test was just amazing I doubt anyone can repeat what dravid and laxman did, over 350 odd runs partnership, gone a day without getting out, and batted all thier skins off.

im waiting for you to turn around and choose your next pick just like the who will win the 07 world cup thread where you have had about 4 picks.
so are you SURE you dont think it was the ashes ;) hahaha :p :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
MAJID-A said:

Just because your team tied a test match series in India, it doesnt become better than the Ashes or the 2001 Ind-Aus series. You guys just stick to "Pakistan" and anything that Pakistan wins is the best for you! Ok your opinions are respected but this opinion was too stupid to be accepted!

To be true (I am not supporting India here!), the India-Pakistan test series in 2004 looked even more better in comparison to the one you're talking abt. At least it had a team in great form..

I hope this doesnt divert the topic from its main question!

Last edited:

MAJID-A

School Cricketer
Your reply Saisrini does not offend me but rather makes me smile, another case of disagreement for the sake of disagreement, if I had said the drawn 1999 series between India and Pakistan would you have agreed with me? Probably not, despie that series being among the most watched and most tense series ever.

Too each his own I guess and apologies if I have offended anyone.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
MAJID-A said:
Your reply Saisrini does not offend me but rather makes me smile, another case of disagreement for the sake of disagreement, if I had said the drawn 1999 series between India and Pakistan would you have agreed with me? Probably not, despie that series being among the most watched and most tense series ever.

Too each his own I guess and apologies if I have offended anyone.

If you had said 1999, I would have definitely agreed with you! It was a brilliant series. Both teams refused to give up. Brilliant display of off spin bowling by Saqlain Musthaq coupled with a pain defying knock of 136 by Sachin Tendulkar which nearly won the match for India. And the second test wasnt any less. Great game from both sides and Anwar and Afridi were winning it for Pakistan with a century partnership in quick time before Kumblwe bamboozled the whole Pakistani team with 10 wickets!

That was a fight, a tough one where its a battle. But where did you get to see the battle when the teams played in 2005? It was a case of either team making mistakes and the team that made the lesser mistakes coming out on top!

Still none of these series rise above the current Ashes or the India-Australia 2001. These two series are the best ever!

feverpitch

School Cricketer
Ashes 2005 for me. India-Aus only three tests which has to count against it, also only one test ultimately went down to the wire. Already three in this series have

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
Current Ashes for so many people,

I was tired of seeing Australia winning againts England in Ashes and now when England is winning the ashes every body is on the edge of their seats basically because England was no way winning this series,but it is turnning out to be the other way around,

If you ask me what was the best test series ever I would say Australia vs West Indies in 1999 when Brian Lara was at his best,

pal

International Coach
saisrini80 said:
Just because your team tied a test match series in India, it doesnt become better than the Ashes or the 2001 Ind-Aus series. You guys just stick to "Pakistan" and anything that Pakistan wins is the best for you! Ok your opinions are respected but this opinion was too stupid to be accepted!

To be true (I am not supporting India here!), the India-Pakistan test series in 2004 looked even more better in comparison to the one you're talking abt. At least it had a team in great form..

I hope this doesnt divert the topic from its main question!

That's only natural, Indians will like the 2001 series because India overcame a big obstacle to beat the Australians, while Pakistanis will like the 2005 series because Pakistan overcame small obstacles to tie the series.

Last edited:

DoN

School Cricketer
saisrini80 said:
Kumblwe bamboozled the whole Pakistani team with 10 wickets!
in which 4 or 5 wickets were taken by the indian umpire (jayaprakash i think his name)No offence to anyone but if you see the match you will come to know,i have got the video of that match,Have seen too many times that's why i am saying here not without proof but nothing will be change now but fact is a fact

Users who are viewing this thread