India in England/Ireland/Scotland

India won the Tests. That's what matters. Fantastic tour for them; No one really cares about losing an ODI series that could have gone either way when you've won the Test series.

Interestingly despite his struggles Pietersen has still averaged 41.80 this series...

Anywho I'll continue to say it but: Pior and Panesar out.

India planning to complain against the decisions against Dravid and Tendulkar. I agree! After so many umpiring controversies this tour, this was bound to come.

Good win for England. Our fielsing truly has lost us the series here in England. But we dont need to be ashamed because there have been at least two games where India could have won to pocket the series. Has been a great series.

But India should not think this. They have to shed some light into their pathetic fielding. Robin Singh is not able to do much with this team. Get some better and good fielding coach who can make the boys work harder on their fielding. And we have seriously got to inculcate fielding into the blood of our youngsters before they come to international cricket. Instead of thinking about a counter league to the ICL, we could do well to think about this. With better fielding, this side is anyday better than the England side which has won the series now.

Yes. I am duly convinced that Panesar isn't a ODI player. Now you can say "he's learning, he hasn't played many games" all you want, but the fact is he's been poor this series, he was poor against the West Indies, he was poor in the world cup and he was poor in the CB Series. Now that's 4 ODI tournaments he's played in; That's more than enough to learn from and he just hasn't.

yeap i'd gladly swap the test series for the odi series any day..

For the Indians, ODI's are more important because this form provides the more entertainment, and the more the entertainment, the more the important it is.

Yes. I am duly convinced that Panesar isn't a ODI player. Now you can say "he's learning, he hasn't played many games" all you want, but the fact is he's been poor this series, he was poor against the West Indies, he was poor in the world cup and he was poor in the CB Series. Now that's 4 ODI tournaments he's played in; That's more than enough to learn from and he just hasn't.

Finally, people are coming around to what I have been saying for a long time. I don't think he's finished as an ODI player but he needs variations and he has none right now.

Erm, Panesar does have variations. He has:
The normal spinning ball at 58mph
The non spinning ball at 60mph
The pulled down leg side flat delivery at 55mph
The short wide one outside off

:p

We did well to win the series though, England odi cricket is going in the right direction.

England won the ODI series and deserved it. The series showed more than most:
  • Sachin Tendulkar is not finished and is still capable of rolling back the years with sublime knocks at the top of the order against great bowlers.
  • Jimmy Anderson can lead the attack in both ODIs and Tests.
  • Monty is will perhaps never be 'ready' for ODI cricket.
  • Freddie may never be fully fit for a whole series:eek:
  • Munaf Patel is possibly not mentally nor physically tough enough for international cricket.
  • Bopara, Shah, Luke Wright, Gambhir, Uthappa and Chawla are all ready for key roles in their respective teams in a couple of years.
  • England struggle against spin whereas they do not mind right arm medium pace bowling at all.
  • India struggle against 90mph pace bowling whereas they don't mind it too much at about 75-85mph.
  • The quicker pace bowlers will succeed more often than the more medium pacers.
  • That being said, slow medium (60-75mph) is extremely effective in English conditions.
  • Fielding is critical in ODI cricket and in exteme cases, can separate teams by up to 50 runs.

England didnt look like they were struggling today against spin. Collingwood and Pietersen played Chawla and Powar really really well i thought.

England didnt look like they were struggling today against spin. Collingwood and Pietersen played Chawla and Powar really really well i thought.

They played and missed their fair share of times.

Some news hot off the press. India are filing a complaint against an umpire, doesn't take a physic to realise which one.

Click me

I don't agree with it, but if they are upset, they have every right to lodge a complaint. I hope to God they are not ensuing that his bad decisions were deliberate and just that they are unhappy about the standard of umpiring.

They played and missed their fair share of times.

Yeh, and ? Even the worlds best players of spin would have played and missed at some of those deliveries from Chawla.

India filing complaint against Alleem Darr is just stupid. He's human, and makes mistakes. He made 1 mistake that counted against India and they file a complaint about him, pathetic. I'm sure if it was a lower profile player such as Uthappa or Karthik for example no complaint would have been filed, but as it was Tendulkar a complaint is filed. Pathetic. They were outplayed today, cant blame an umpire for that performance.

finally someone makes a complaint over the standard of umpiring, i must say i could have done better myself, really, i mean the tendulkar dismissal when he was LBW to collingwood was ridiculous, some who was 1 day old to the game could hae noticed that the ball was going away any on a completey different line from the stumps....

really, i could have done better myself.

Yeh, and ? Even the worlds best players of spin would have played and missed at some of those deliveries from Chawla.

India filing complaint against Alleem Darr is just stupid. He's human, and makes mistakes. He made 1 mistake that counted against India and they file a complaint about him, pathetic. I'm sure if it was a lower profile player such as Uthappa or Karthik for example no complaint would have been filed, but as it was Tendulkar a complaint is filed. Pathetic. They were outplayed today, cant blame an umpire for that performance.

yes because its tendulkar, a match winner that probably cost us half the match, its not rocket science. and besides india arent complaing just because of the tendulkar desicion, its because the overall standard of umpiring on the whole tour....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread