India in England/Ireland/Scotland

baburao

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Far from it. I was just saying, that because of the pitch and the amount of turn available to the spinners, even the worlds best players of spin would have played and missed a couple of times. Chawla bowled some great balls, that's what i said, not that he's world class.

I would. I think that teams complaining about umpires is stupid. It cant be changed, and all they're doing is putting more pressure on the umpires in question, which in turn leads to more bad mistakes. People think, that because they are professional umpires they shouldnt make mistakes. Well i'm afraid to say that isnt going to happen, humans make mistakes. I am sure that India wouldnt have complained if it was a less prestigous player who got a few harsh decisions, but the fact that its Tendulkar, they appeal. Both teams have suffered from poor umpiring decisions, Uthappa edging the ball today is an example of one going against England, but are England making complaints about umpires ?. Yes, the umpires had a bad series, but there's bound to be at least a couple of mistakes in 22 days whole days of cricket. I just feel that India are using it as abit of an excuse for losing the series.
Yeah you give Tendulkar and Ganguly out(bad decisions) 5-6 times on the crucial situations of the match and term it as a human mistake.Wow.:hpraise

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
He is human and blah blah i am hearing this crap ever since this tour has started.If players can be fined so can the umpires for their bad umpiring.

That's like fining a batsman for getting a duck!

It's an honest mistake!

Yeah you give Tendulkar and Ganguly out(bad decisions) 5-6 times on the crucial situations of the match and term it as a human mistake.Wow.:hpraise

5-6 times!?

I can only find 1 occasion on which Ganguly was harshly given out and that was Colly's LBW

Last edited:

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
We are not there to watch the umpires. We are there to watch the players. An umpire has to be as perfect as possible.

I said it would be boring - not bad for the game itself - to have perfect Umpires.

Last edited by a moderator:

baburao

Club Cricketer

It's an honest mistake!

Sorry that doesnt make sense.Give another try.:rolleyes: Players are already playing on the performance basis.Isnt it?If not then they will in the future.Same goes for the umpires.;)

It's an honest mistake!

5-6 times!?

I can only find 1 occasion on which Ganguly was harshly given out and that was Colly's LBW
I am talking about the test and odi series overall bad decisions.;)

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
He is human and blah blah i am hearing this crap ever since this tour has started.If players can be fined so can the umpires for their bad umpiring.Yes you are right Sachin is not Karthik and Uthappa thats why umpire has to keep in mind what his bad decision can do to the moral of the team.:mad:

Lol, thats the best comment of the night.

*imagine this scene*

Anderson bowls, the umpire thinks he's heard and seen an edge from Tendulkar. Is 100% sure it's out, looks up to see who's batting, realises its Tendulkar and gives it not out..

*end of scene*

Dont be silly, an umpire shouldnt care less who it is batting, if he thinks it's out, he gives it. Morale of the team should have no bearing on the umpires decision what so ever.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry that doesnt make sense.Give another try.:rolleyes: Players are already playing on the performance basis.Isnt it?If not then they will in the future.Same goes for the umpires.;)

Please think before you post because I have no idea what you are talking about.

Players don't get fined for low scores so why should an umpire get fined for a bad mistake? If an umpire gets enough decisions wrong, he gets taken off the panel, not fined! :rolleyes:

I am talking about the test and odi series overall bad decisions.;)

So was I. One bad decision in the Test went against Ganguly and that was it.

I've got to say, when Dhoni isn't attacking, he looks a very awkward and unattractive batsman.

Last edited:

baburao

Club Cricketer
Lol, thats the best comment of the night.

*imagine this scene*

Anderson bowls, the umpire thinks he's heard and seen an edge from Tendulkar. Is 100% sure it's out, looks up to see who's batting, realises its Tendulkar and gives it not out..

*end of scene*

Dont be silly, an umpire shouldnt care less who it is batting, if he thinks it's out, he gives it. Morale of the team should have no bearing on the umpires decision what so ever.
Nice scene.But this was once said by one commentator not in this series though.:p

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Yeh, and ? Even the worlds best players of spin would have played and missed at some of those deliveries from Chawla.

Maybe, maybe not, but England clearly did not enjoy the spin of Powar and Chawla this tour and it is a potential weakness.

Eddie

International Cricketer
i just watched the highlights..my favourite bit..

when uthappa hit the cover off the ball and was caught behind...given not out...then afterwards motioning to freddie that it hit him on the sleeve..when the ball was short and 3ft wide ofthe stumps..

if you're gonna lie, you should at least make it plausable :p

Maybe, maybe not, but England clearly did not enjoy the spin of Powar and Chawla this tour and it is a potential weakness.

i actually thought by the last 2-3 game we played them ok..

check powar's ecomony in the last few games compared to the first few..

chawla caused problems, but was quite expensive in every game.

I think we struggled at first as we'd never played them before..

Last edited:

baburao

Club Cricketer
i just watched the highlights..my favourite bit..

when uthappa hit the cover off the ball and was caught behind...given not out...then afterwards motioning to freddie that it hit him on the sleeve..when the ball was short and 3ft wide ofthe stumps..

if you're gonna lie, you should at least make it plausable :p

We will see on Indian pitches.;)

manee

Chairman of Selectors

Yes, they improved in playing them in the latter ODIs.

India's positives in terms of future players is that Yuvraj continued to show that he is still a class middle order batsman. Gambhir and Uthappa showed that international level is not too great for them (judging on how they handled some of the world's quickest bowlers - without much trouble - less than Ganguly even) and that they should be able to take over from Tendulkar/Ganguly when the opening pair retire. Uthappa is a good fielder too!

Piyush Chawla really showed that he is a fantastic bowler and I strongly believe he could be a world beater in tests, the extent to which he destroyed Zimbabwe in those two games was reminiscent to an inform Muralitharan. His fielding is very good too due to his speed and enthusiasm, though that may die out a bit as he gets the wrong side of 25, but that is still 7 years away;). Zaheer Khan has continued his magnificent form and with a bruised heel, still troubled the England batsman, I truly think that with the heel rested in the twenty20 championship, he could be even more of a threat in this year and the next.

HOWEVER, there are a lot of negatives. Powar, Munaf, Ganguly, Dravid, Zaheer are awful fielders by any standards but I believe that with the right coaching, they can be on the right side of absolutely useless. India still search for the second seamer in both Tests and ODIs (never mind the third):
-Muanf Patel: lazy, slow, inconsistant
-Agarkar: expensive, often unproductive
-RP Singh: Too 1 dimentional and fitness in bowling spells seems to be an issue too. In one game alone (the first one IIRC), an average pace of 87mph dropped to one of 84mph.
-Sreesanth: Expensive in ODIs and too often wayward in tests...too much of a bipolar bowler.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Shut up about umpires, sometimes things go your way,sometimes they don't. Accept it, everyone can have a good moan but theres no need to go on about it this much.

oh yeah,well done England,i watched it in club Wembley :D

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Guys, its over.
We can whine about the umpiring, the conditions, the astrology, the damn weather on mars but its not going to change anything.
Who cares anyways? I was entertained. Great series.

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer

We played Chawla (1 game) and Powar (about 7 times) in India the year before.;)

We've never played spin well, it's nothing new, it's not even worth pointing it out to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread