India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
India filing complaint against Alleem Darr is just stupid. He's human, and makes mistakes. He made 1 mistake that counted against India and they file a complaint about him, pathetic. I'm sure if it was a lower profile player such as Uthappa or Karthik for example no complaint would have been filed, but as it was Tendulkar a complaint is filed. Pathetic. They were outplayed today, cant blame an umpire for that performance
Well, I'm not sure if Aleem Dar should be targetted here, but the Indians are well within their right to complain about decisions - in the right way. Nothing wrong with that. Umpires need to be monitored too.

baburao

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeh, and ? Even the worlds best players of spin would have played and missed at some of those deliveries from Chawla.

India filing complaint against Alleem Darr is just stupid. He's human, and makes mistakes. He made 1 mistake that counted against India and they file a complaint about him, pathetic. I'm sure if it was a lower profile player such as Uthappa or Karthik for example no complaint would have been filed, but as it was Tendulkar a complaint is filed. Pathetic. They were outplayed today, cant blame an umpire for that performance.
He is human and blah blah i am hearing this crap ever since this tour has started.If players can be fined so can the umpires for their bad umpiring.Yes you are right Sachin is not Karthik and Uthappa thats why umpire has to keep in mind what his bad decision can do to the moral of the team.:mad:

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
He is human and blah blah i am hearing this crap ever since this tour has started.If players can be fined so can the umpires for their bad umpiring.Yes you are right Sachin is not Karthik and Uthappa thats why umpire has to keep in mind what his bad decision can do to the moral of the team.:mad:

yes these are desicions which have not only spoilt the game but spoilt the enjoyment of a final, it was the lamest game ever in this tour....

Eddie

International Cricketer
there have been some poor decsion this summer but for BOTH sides..

The fact is that umpires are NOT making more poor decsions than they used to...its just a result of improvement technology which now shows these mistakes..

without hot-spots, slow-mo, snicko etc..no one would have realised about most of the poor decsions..

as for complaining about a speciffic umpire.. i have no idea what they think this will acheive..

Last edited:

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
there have been some poor decsion this summer but for BOTH sides..

The fact is that umpires are NOT making more poor decsions than they used to...its just a result of improvement technology which now shows these mistakes..

without hot-spots, slow-mo, snicko etc..no one would have realised about most of the poor decsions..

as for complaining about a speciffic umpire.. i have no idea what they thing this will acheive..

it will show/teach the umpires that they get noticed for poor umpiring and they are spoiling our enjoyment.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Yeh, and ? Even the worlds best players of spin would have played and missed at some of those deliveries from Chawla.

India filing complaint against Alleem Darr is just stupid. He's human, and makes mistakes. He made 1 mistake that counted against India and they file a complaint about him, pathetic. I'm sure if it was a lower profile player such as Uthappa or Karthik for example no complaint would have been filed, but as it was Tendulkar a complaint is filed. Pathetic. They were outplayed today, cant blame an umpire for that performance.

so...your calling chawla world class ?? thats quite pathetic really.

hmm....would you have said the same thing if it happened with your beloved
KP or monty for that matter :rolleyes: ?? NO ! and it happens with every team.
remember the aussies wanted to complain about the wankhede pitch after
they were bowled out in less than a 100 runs against india ??
am sure, the indian team wont go too far with the complaint.
its all being said in the heat of the moment...
also,there has been no OFFICIAL complaint as of yet....

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I wonder if any complaint would have been made had India won the game and the series.

Anyways it doesnt matter, because really, England were the better team over the seven games, and deserve to win.

I still cant believe that they've actually won an ODI series.:D

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
England won the ODI series and deserved it. The series showed more than most:
  • Sachin Tendulkar is not finished and is still capable of rolling back the years with sublime knocks at the top of the order against great bowlers. So True, proved the fans wrong.
  • Jimmy Anderson can lead the attack in both ODIs and Tests. Not so sure about the Tests, but ODI's most certainly.
  • Monty is will perhaps never be 'ready' for ODI cricket.Not so sure, I'm a big critic of him but if he can work on his variations and get them going as quickly as his fielding has improved then maybe he can but not for a long while I suspect.
  • Freddie may never be fully fit for a whole series:eek: Certainly a worry, I'm definitely in the school that thinks (Like Mike Selvey) that he should retire from Tests
  • Munaf Patel is possibly not mentally nor physically tough enough for international cricket. Mentally, I'd say, though it is bizarre how a bowler that good cannot throw - seems to symbolise his lack of effort...
  • Bopara, Shah, Luke Wright, Gambhir, Uthappa and Chawla are all ready for key roles in their respective teams in a couple of years. Wright isn't - still averages about 18 in domestic one dayers.
  • England struggle against spin whereas they do not mind right arm medium pace bowling at all. Like most we struggle against good spin with variations, like most teams, also we struggle against Left-Armers too due to their sparsity over here.
  • India struggle against 90mph pace bowling whereas they don't mind it too much at about 75-85mph. Most teams would feel the same, assuming it is not sprayed around
  • The quicker pace bowlers will succeed more often than the more medium pacers. Obviously, assuming the two bowlers are of similar accuracy
  • That being said, slow medium (60-75mph) is extremely effective in English conditions.
  • Fielding is critical in ODI cricket and in exteme cases, can separate teams by up to 50 runs.

it will show/teach the umpires that they get noticed for poor umpiring and they are spoiling our enjoyment.

Don't you think having perfect Umpires would be boring?

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Oh, to be Rahul Dravid.

He bowls in overcast conditions and gets slated.
He bats in overcast conditions and gets slated.
India lose and he gets slated.
India win and he gets slated.
He cannot win!

I have to admit, he did look clueless today.

As for Tendulkar's poor decisions, I remember Andrew Strauss getting 3 poor decisions in a row in the 2006/07 Ashes series but because it's Tendulkar, a much bigger deal is made out of it. So, he's a match-winner, does that mean he is more entitled to a correct decision than other batsmen? No, it doesn't.

The standard of umpiring has been very poor this tour but both sides have suffered.

And dont u think playing without umpires will be fun to watch?:rolleyes: Talk some sense dude.:rolleyes:

How does that make any sense!?

Who's going to make the decisions!?

You need an impartial official.

Last edited:

playkid12

Club Captain
I personally have always been for technology usage in games. They should do it like tennis - where the team can challenge twice in a match (two decisions per side).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
as for complaining about a speciffic umpire.. i have no idea what they think this will acheive..

they are not complaining against a particular umpire. on the overall umpiring on this tour.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
so...your calling chawla world class ?? thats quite pathetic really.

Far from it. I was just saying, that because of the pitch and the amount of turn available to the spinners, even the worlds best players of spin would have played and missed a couple of times. Chawla bowled some great balls, that's what i said, not that he's world class.

hmm....would you have said the same thing if it happened with your beloved
KP or monty for that matter :rolleyes: ?? NO ! and it happens with every team.

I would. I think that teams complaining about umpires is stupid. It cant be changed, and all they're doing is putting more pressure on the umpires in question, which in turn leads to more bad mistakes. People think, that because they are professional umpires they shouldnt make mistakes. Well i'm afraid to say that isnt going to happen, humans make mistakes. I am sure that India wouldnt have complained if it was a less prestigous player who got a few harsh decisions, but the fact that its Tendulkar, they appeal. Both teams have suffered from poor umpiring decisions, Uthappa edging the ball today is an example of one going against England, but are England making complaints about umpires ?. Yes, the umpires had a bad series, but there's bound to be at least a couple of mistakes in 22 days whole days of cricket. I just feel that India are using it as abit of an excuse for losing the series.

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
And dont u think playing without umpires will be fun to watch?:rolleyes: Talk some sense dude.:rolleyes:

Obviously from a purely game-wise sense it would be good to have perfect umpires but one of the best things about sport is the contentious decisions - those that have you talking for days about. With perfect umpires that would not happen, which would be a great mistake.

Incidentally Dar only made one mistake today- Tendulkar (actually, was it him who gave Uthappa not out?) and it wasn't a massive howler either. His decision with Dravid was fantastic or fortunate if you like. The decision on Tendulkar was balanced out by Uthappa's survival.

Yes, the umpiring has been poor but it has been pretty equal. It is just sour grapes and childish to rant on and on about how India were robbed by this one - evened out - decision. That said a general complaint from both sides would be entirely appropriate - can't have the Umpires think they are invincible.

Users who are viewing this thread