India in England Jun-Sept 2014

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Apparently Jadeja's verdict was overturned as well, so I think the judge decided that no camera = no evidence and chose not to believe the version of one side's players over the other side's players, which seems a safe and logical choice.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Horrible handling of the entire incident by the ICC. They first fine Jadeja for a Level 1 offence. Now that Anderson is found not guilty, Jadeja's fine is overturned suddenly. On what grounds is it now overturned? Pathetic handling this! And this time, you cant even say that its all the BCCI's handiwork (because BCCI here is fighting from one of the sides against ICC).

Either Jadeja or Anderson must be punished. Its a wonder how both escape it. On a lighter note, losing either Jadeja or Anderson will help only INDIA.:lol:p

S

Satan666

The BCCI are solely to blame for this entire scenario. They started it, was a simple matter off field that the BCCI saw as a means of weakening the English.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The BCCI are solely to blame for this entire scenario. They started it, was a simple matter off field that the BCCI saw as a means of weakening the English.

What? England have accepted that Anderson pushed Jadeja (Cricinfo states this in their recent article). That itself mounts to a serious offence that requires all this enquiry. Now whether Jadeja provoked him to do it or if Anderson did it just because of some heated words exchanged between them, is what was to be investigated. But funnily (co-incidentally or not?), the ICC cameras in that area didn't work on that special day.

India and BCCI were completely right in pursuing this. Crossing the line should never be brushed off. You will then end up with hooligans in the sport.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It seems to me like everyone has gotten off just due to a lack of evidence. Whether there is a Camera there or not, if it's one side saying one thing and the other side saying something else, then it's impossible to know who to believe. Hopefully we can just move on and get back to the cricket now.[DOUBLEPOST=1406931837][/DOUBLEPOST]
Either Jadeja or Anderson must be punished. Its a wonder how both escape it. On a lighter note, losing either Jadeja or Anderson will help only INDIA.:lol:p

Bit harsh on Jadeja. Sure, he's not much use as the main spinner, but his batting was the thing that won you the second test.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
no one comes to the stadium to watch the bowler bowl.

Rubbish! When you have a world class fast bowler (or bowler generally), then people go to see them as much as to see the big shots, especially if you have bowler friendly conditions. Look at the Ashes last winter: the big attraction wasn't anyone's batting but Johnson's very aggressive quick bowling!

S

Satan666

What? England have accepted that Anderson pushed Jadeja (Cricinfo states this in their recent article). That itself mounts to a serious offence that requires all this enquiry. Now whether Jadeja provoked him to do it or if Anderson did it just because of some heated words exchanged between them, is what was to be investigated. But funnily (co-incidentally or not?), the ICC cameras in that area didn't work on that special day.

India and BCCI were completely right in pursuing this. Crossing the line should never be brushed off. You will then end up with hooligans in the sport.

The die has already been cast, to refresh your memory the slap gate issue with Sreesanth-Harbhajan in the 2008 IPL, what became of that? Hooliganism has plagued the sport for years, Aussies have perfected it and the Indians are following suit! All mind games to outweigh the opponents I don't like it but at the end of the day it is now part of the sport!

S

Satan666

Rubbish! When you have a world class fast bowler (or bowler generally), then people go to see them as much as to see the big shots, especially if you have bowler friendly conditions. Look at the Ashes last winter: the big attraction wasn't anyone's batting but Johnson's very aggressive quick bowling!

Sadly with the advent of T20 cricket people actually go to the stadiums to see the ball over the ropes. Myself a traditionalist will always agree that the best to witness is a fastbowler ripping the batsmen apart with 150kph bullets, the younger generation and party goers rather the batsmen slogging the ball around the park.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
I am favourable to bringing in R Ashwin even as an experiment,its always worth a try for I am sure he could perform over Jadeja but Dhoni should handle him well,he should allow Ashwin work out his plans and not force him bowl a specific line like what he did with Jadeja in Southampton.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
If I were Dhoni, I would make atleast three changes from the side that lost so badly to England at the Ageas Bowl.

M Vijay
S Dhawan
C Pujara
V Kohli
A Rahane
M Dhoni
R Ashwin
R Jadeja
I Pandey
V Aaron
P Singh

This doesn't mean B Kumar is being dropped. He needs rest as he has slogged his way through this series. Already they are talking about him being a worry for selection for the next test. I would take the cautious route and rest him for Manchester so that he can be fit for Oval. And if his replacement Pandey does well, then its all the more a "problem of plenty". Aaron for Shami is a more straightforward swap. Shami has been mediocre to poor this series, and Aaron needs a chance. He might be wayward and all that, but he needs a proper chance to show that he is wayward (if he is). And as much as I want to drop Jadeja, I would rather keep him and bring in Ashwin for Rohit. If Jadeja has a lucky day with the bat (like the one he had at Lord's), it will help us. India's batting has done decently well this series, so I wouldnt worry about the lack of an extra batsman. And Ashwin is a decent enough batsman who has 2 test hundreds to his name. And retain Pankaj Singh who was unlucky in the last game and give him another shot. No change on Dhawan. He was starting to look better in the last few innings. And right now, our bowling is what needs big changes, so he escapes.

PokerAce

Banned
Okay enough about the Anderson Jadeja push gate. Its obvious they used Hot Spot and the push didn't show :D

Indian batsmen, are getting carried away with the defending part, they need to just relax and hit everything upto 4th stump and leave everything else. Kohli a perfect example, defending balls on the 7th and 8th stumps, and that too by hanging his bat out far from ihs body, and then edging to slips. Okay don't forget to defend and hit everything, but you know what I am saying. Anyway here is the team for the next two matches, no sword hanging over anyone, tell them to play freely.

Vijay
Dhawan (License to att)
Pujara
Kohli (Fined 1% match fee for every ball on 5th stump and beyond he defends)
Rahane
Dhoni
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Ashwin
Aaron (Fastest Indian Bowler by a distance. 1% fee docked for ever ball below 142 km/h)
Pankaj

Both tests, same side, play without fear of getting dropped. Only change if Ishant recovers, then Pankaj sits out.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Okay enough about the Anderson Jadeja push gate. Its obvious they used Hot Spot and the push didn't show :D

Indian batsmen, are getting carried away with the defending part, they need to just relax and hit everything upto 4th stump and leave everything else. Kohli a perfect example, defending balls on the 7th and 8th stumps, and that too by hanging his bat out far from ihs body, and then edging to slips. Okay don't forget to defend and hit everything, but you know what I am saying. Anyway here is the team for the next two matches, no sword hanging over anyone, tell them to play freely.

Vijay
Dhawan (License to att)
Pujara
Kohli (Fined 1% match fee for every ball on 5th stump and beyond he defends)
Rahane
Dhoni
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Ashwin
Aaron (Fastest Indian Bowler by a distance. 1% fee docked for ever ball below 142 km/h)
Pankaj

Both tests, same side, play without fear of getting dropped. Only change if Ishant recovers, then Pankaj sits out.

Its pretty much the same team I have above except for the fact that you have added Bhuvi in there. I would like to play Bhuvi but I would also not like to ground that guy out to dust. He already showed signs of losing his bite possibly due to being overbowled. And he is currently having some niggles. Better rest him than burn him out. They did this with Shami recently, and he has looked a pale shadow in this series. India never know how to handle fast bowlers.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It's pretty simple. Just tell Kohli that the moment he pushes or tries to play a ball that is full and outside the off stump, Anushka Sharma will be on Air India flight back home.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
It's pretty simple. Just tell Kohli that the moment he pushes or tries to play a ball that is full and outside the off stump, Anushka Sharma will be on Air India flight back home.

He he... I thought she was already out of England. :p

Seriously, he should take a look at Sachin's Sydney 2004 innings. But its tough to imagine Kohli possessing such determination/patience (due to the kind of restless personality he has; nothing else).

Users who are viewing this thread