Australia tour of England June-August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
My old mate Mitch Johnson got 4/47 in the first innings 26.1 overs too - not the usual spray fest.

Spoke too soon :p
Klinger the main one that put his hand up from this match. Spin still is an issue though, throughout this tour the spinners have ripped up.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I just disliked the way the Lions played that game. They ground through the first innings, during which there was rain, then when they played more freely at the end, they batted a good hour or two beyond the point at which a result was reasonable. They didn't set out to beat a competitive opponent, they only wanted to see if their opponent would fold up easily. In theory, the big hundred from Bairstow was valuable, but because they decided they needed 350+, they ended up being too sluggish for a win and a bit pretentious for a draw. Aus A were marginally weaker with the bat but when Ed Cowan delivers an early blitz, you have problems.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Yeah setting 350 at 5.5 RPO is a very, uh, conservative declaration.

Looking at the scorecard they were 298 ahead when Bairstow was out, 78 overs to bowl. They batted another 14 overs to score 56. To my mind 300 off 75 overs is a good last day target, add 50 if you aren't feeling confident. Safe to say they went past that...oh well.

Spoke too soon :p
Klinger the main one that put his hand up from this match. Spin still is an issue though, throughout this tour the spinners have ripped up.

Haha, yeah poor Mitch. :noway

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Really think Chris Rogers and David Hussey should have been playing in this series.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Are you guys still here? You know there's plenty of jobs at the Walkabout serving drinks instead of embarrasing yourselves trying to play cricket.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Now they've called in Phil Hughes to replace Peter Forrest. Well hopefully that pays off - Forrest was battling to get the ball off the square, Hughes is getting some runs in the county stuff. Hughes arguably should have been there from the start.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
50s for Cowan, Hughes and Paine last night as Aus made 9/308. Good result really because I would say those are the 3 'important' names in that batting list. Looking forward to see how Coulter-Nile does with the ball though.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope Lee dose'nt gets injured . :rolleyes

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan