International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India are extremely lucky England haven't taken those chances in the slips. They've dropped some and many didn't carry to the fielders. India, as expected struggling against quality bowling in conditions where it's swinging like crazy.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
India are extremely lucky England haven't taken those chances in the slips. They've dropped some and many didn't carry to the fielders. India, as expected struggling against quality bowling in conditions where it's swinging like crazy.

It's not swinging or seaming like crazy by far. I've seen far far worse. It's just poor batting.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Broad has been terrible and he's been that way for a while. Just up and down stuff.

Pandya could get a hundred here, doesn't change the fact that he doesn't deserve to be in this side. Same for Dhawan. 8/10 times these guys are <30 scores people!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Doesn't matter what Dhawan or Pandya do. Not much was expected from them anyways

Extremely disappointed with the way DK, Rahane and especially Rahul have behaved here. How much can Kohli do if he gets no support from anyone in the batting order.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Luckily for India, the deficit isn't too bad here. One good partnership and a few cameo partnerships can take India almost close to the England total here, and then setup a 2nd innings shootout between the 2 sides. One thing India will be wary of is, they play last on this wicket and if it turns more on Day 4 and 5, Adil Rashid will become a weapon. So India got to do their best to get the deficit erased and get into a lead.

I would say a lead is not out of reach here. Kohli is playing possibly his best test innings in England so far, and if Pandya and Ashwin (also Ishant can hold a bat) give him support, a lead is possible. Of course, I hope I don't jinx them. :D

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
We will only get close to England's total if Kohli besides scoring from one end is able to guide Pandya and then Ashwin to give him company for as long as possible.

He not only needs to unfurl his brilliance, but play a captain's role and get the most out of these two folks

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
We will only get close to England's total if Kohli besides scoring from one end is able to guide Pandya and then Ashwin to give him company for as long as possible.

He not only needs to unfurl his brilliance, but play a captain's role and get the most out of these two folks

I am not too sure Kohli has that skill. I hope to be proved wrong. And neither did Sachin have this skill (of batting around lesser experienced guys and guiding them through the innings, batting together). Laxman, Dravid and even Ganguly (to an extent) had this skill.

It all depends on Pandya and Ashwin to derive their own strength and give Kohli the company.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So many chances wasted by England. Which means Kohli's going big.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I am not too sure Kohli has that skill. I hope to be proved wrong. And neither did Sachin have this skill (of batting around lesser experienced guys and guiding them through the innings, batting together). Laxman, Dravid and even Ganguly (to an extent) had this skill.

It all depends on Pandya and Ashwin to derive their own strength and give Kohli the company.

I agree. But hoping against hope here, else we will totally blow off the advantage we got of bowling England out for less than 300

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
King Kohli! Haven't seen a more consistent player who's even better under pressure and performs when the team needs him the most, every single time.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
King Kohli! Haven't seen a more consistent player who's even better under pressure and performs when the team needs him the most, every single time.
Just reading Cricinfo, it seems he's far from his best and extremely lucky

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just reading Cricinfo, it seems he's far from his best and extremely lucky
He has been very lucky today, too many edges but he's still there. Plus, was speaking in general looking at his recent performances. :)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Not just the edges, he has been dropped also quite a few times today. Lady luck has been smiling on Kohli and hope it continues for some more time if India have to eat up more of the deficit.

But seeing the way we have batted in this innings, this is England's test for the taking. Second innings is going to be far more tougher to bat and this performances gives no hope.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Would it not have made sense for Ishant to bat ahead of Yadav and Shami while Kohli is still out there?[DOUBLEPOST=1533224022][/DOUBLEPOST]
He has been very lucky today, too many edges but he's still there. Plus, was speaking in general looking at his recent performances. :)

What exactly has been great about Kohli? Pretty much still looking like Anderson's bunny.[DOUBLEPOST=1533224063][/DOUBLEPOST]Kohli needs to step on the gas here. Try getting the deficit to 75 if he can!

Users who are viewing this thread