Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Tilak Varma showing class and attacking cricket at same time, we need a reliable batsman in middle order, I hope he will be given a chance in Asia cup too. Hope Gill will atleast get a 50 in the remaining 3 matches. Kohli & Rohit are missed badly, I hope we'll be better in the next match. Mukesh doesn't have great white ball record, I think team management is doing the same mistake they did with Dinda, the great red ball bowler in Ranji is being played in white ball cricket, I hope they will stick with him in test setup, regardless of white ball cricket results.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Mukesh doesn't have great white ball record, I think team management is doing the same mistake they did with Dinda, the great red ball bowler in Ranji is being played in white ball cricket, I hope they will stick with him in test setup, regardless of white ball cricket results.

Dravid might make him in to an Irfan Pathan. Expect Mukesh to pad up and open the innings soon!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Guys what will be your preferred xi for the first Asia cup match against Pakistan, the below is mine purely based on the injury returns and the players I feel are best to play.

Rohit :c:
Gill
Kohli
Tilak
Ishan / Sanju :wk:
Hardhik:bwl:
Jadeja:bwl:
Shami:bwl:
Bumrah:bwl:
Arshdeep:bwl:
Chahal:bwl:

Jaiswal should have replaced Rohit, if it's not the world cup year, even if given a opportunity in the current white ball series as opener, he most likely would have scored big with his current form. Iyer & rahul are injured, I personally feel, it's best time for we should try tilak at 4, but I know dravid & co will stick with SKY. Arshdeep provides the much needed variety and he along with bumrah at death will be good, rest looks quite balanced IMO.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Guys what will be your preferred xi for the first Asia cup match against Pakistan, the below is mine purely based on the injury returns and the players I feel are best to play.

Gill
Kohli
Tilak

Jaiswal should have replaced Rohit, if it's not the world cup year, even if given a opportunity in the current white ball series as opener, he most likely would have scored big with his current form. Iyer & rahul are injured, I personally feel, it's best time for we should try tilak at 4, but I know dravid & co will stick with SKY. Arshdeep provides the much needed variety and he along with bumrah at death will be good, rest looks quite balanced IMO.
Tilak at 4 is a good prospect for the future. I do not think they will try him there, given that Shreyas is expected back soon. Jaiswal as the backup opener is something that should be considered. Then again, the comeback of KLR puts that into jeopardy. With Rohit and Kohli, the batting looks strong on paper for sure.

The concern is the middle and late middle order. Presently, none of them are in good knick. While a lot many want Jadeja in the team, I'd rather he focused on Test cricket, as he hasnt been the attacking all rounder in the limited overs format.

In the bowling department, it is a long tail. We need Shardul Thakur to come in and smash a few here and there. I am unsure of the future plans they have in place for Prasidh. Then again, Prasidh is a pure bowler, similar to Ishant in terms of batting prowess. As for the spinner, I'd prefer to have Bishnoi in the squad.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Tilak at 4 is a good prospect for the future. I do not think they will try him there, given that Shreyas is expected back soon. Jaiswal as the backup opener is something that should be considered. Then again, the comeback of KLR puts that into jeopardy. With Rohit and Kohli, the batting looks strong on paper for sure.

The concern is the middle and late middle order. Presently, none of them are in good knick. While a lot many want Jadeja in the team, I'd rather he focused on Test cricket, as he hasnt been the attacking all rounder in the limited overs format.

In the bowling department, it is a long tail. We need Shardul Thakur to come in and smash a few here and there. I am unsure of the future plans they have in place for Prasidh. Then again, Prasidh is a pure bowler, similar to Ishant in terms of batting prowess. As for the spinner, I'd prefer to have Bishnoi in the squad.
Agreed to some extent, but I feel Jaddu is our no 1 spin allrounder, who can attack and build the innings based on the match scenario. Shami & Bumrah are not our 90's tail enders, they can hit big. Even suprised to see Arshdeep played few very good boundaries in first T20.

B

Bigby Wolf

Almost a year before the 2007 50 over world cup in 2006 India played West Indies and lost the ODI series 4-1 with Dravid being the captain.

A year before the 2024 WT20, India playing the West Indies again and are already 2-0 down with Dravid being the coach.

His coaching and captaincy had a lot of parallels like losing vs South Africa , winning lot of bilaterals poor performance in ICC events.

By this logic I am wondering pur good time will start only after Dravid goes and after 2024 WT20?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Almost a year before the 2007 50 over world cup in 2006 India played West Indies and lost the ODI series 4-1 with Dravid being the captain.

A year before the 2024 WT20, India playing the West Indies again and are already 2-0 down with Dravid being the coach.

His coaching and captaincy had a lot of parallels like losing vs South Africa , winning lot of bilaterals poor performance in ICC events.

By this logic I am wondering pur good time will start only after Dravid goes and after 2024 WT20?
I remember that series pretty well. We experimented a lot during that series v the WI.

Dravid's captaincy saw results much better than the ones we are seeing right now. Perhaps,it was the quality of players in question? We did set a World Record in terms of winning by chasing targets, if I'm not mistaken. The current setup though ...

Comparison with SA is a bit far fetched. SA of old were even stronger than the Aussies. It is sad that Cronje's/Pollock's team was never able to lift a World Cup.

Another thing about Dravid- he's managing the senior side in the same vein that he managed the U19. Lot of personnel and captaincy changes. The U19 they won with Shaw at the helm- the series prior to that had seen a few other people captain. It may work at that level cause the kids are motivated enough to break through the ranks. At the senior level though, it can cause egos

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Gill
Kohli
Tilak

Random thoughts of mine assuming this is for ODIs.

• After the public fiasco that happened the last time we made a late decision on that number four role I doubt we’ll see a repeat of the same again. Shankar was also older and had plenty of domestic experience and minimal international one too. I’m a huge fan of Tilak but I don’t think it would be the best option to throw him suddenly into a high pressure environment. Our selections have also been fairly conservative recently with a clear hierarchy.
  • Arshdeep was an absolute loose cannon when I saw him on ODI debut. I see him as our Sam Curran type of ‘elite mentality’ player that outperforms what you expect from their skill with some handy tricks but he hasn’t yet established himself fully. I’m certainly not dropping our best ODI pacer at the moment for him (unless Siraj is injured?).
  • I thought Kuldeep won in the spin battle against Chahal. Did I miss something?
  • I’d stick with Sanju at five and leave Kishan as the backup opener to put pressure on the top three. It’s high time he gets a proper run of games to decide if he’s worth it, we learn nothing from him giving useful cameos at times and the odd missed performance.
  • KL should be back for the Asia Cup right? I expect nothing more than scratchy performances from him there but I hope he gets back to form quickly, we desperately need someone like him who can adapt to the situation and switch gears effortlessly against most types of bowling.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tilak and Arshdeep are in the Asian Games squad and given that it ends right around the time when the WC starts and the narrative surrounding said squad that may rule out both of them for the Asia Cup barring more injuries since the latter is being seen as the trial run for the WC (just like last year I presume where only two changes were made).

Good news for @icyman too who feared that the swing bowling trundler was a replacement for the death bowler operating at more than 140 kph, Mukesh is in that squad too!

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians

Random thoughts of mine assuming this is for ODIs.

• After the public fiasco that happened the last time we made a late decision on that number four role I doubt we’ll see a repeat of the same again. Shankar was also older and had plenty of domestic experience and minimal international one too. I’m a huge fan of Tilak but I don’t think it would be the best option to throw him suddenly into a high pressure environment. Our selections have also been fairly conservative recently with a clear hierarchy.
  • Arshdeep was an absolute loose cannon when I saw him on ODI debut. I see him as our Sam Curran type of ‘elite mentality’ player that outperforms what you expect from their skill with some handy tricks but he hasn’t yet established himself fully. I’m certainly not dropping our best ODI pacer at the moment for him (unless Siraj is injured?).
  • I thought Kuldeep won in the spin battle against Chahal. Did I miss something?
  • I’d stick with Sanju at five and leave Kishan as the backup opener to put pressure on the top three. It’s high time he gets a proper run of games to decide if he’s worth it, we learn nothing from him giving useful cameos at times and the odd missed performance.
  • KL should be back for the Asia Cup right? I expect nothing more than scratchy performances from him there but I hope he gets back to form quickly, we desperately need someone like him who can adapt to the situation and switch gears effortlessly against most types of bowling.
My bad I totally forgot about Siraj, he will be definitely ahead of Arshdeep. If KL is back, he will play at 5, due to his incredible numbers at 5, will he also keep, is he fully fit ?

Users who are viewing this thread