India

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
The replacement must be from the 30 man squad only then, right?

Would have loved to see Sree instead of Chawla.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The replacement must be from the 30 man squad only then, right?

Would have loved to see Sree instead of Chawla.

Why do you need so many fast bowlers on subcontinent wickets? To be thrashed? It should have been a keeper or a batsman or another spinner in place of Chawla, not a fast bowler.

----------

Our second choice spinner after singh is Ashwin and not ojha or chawla

Would have loved to see sreesanth in the squad though

Indian media here are saying dhobi was not keen on having pnly 1 keeper and go with leg spin of chawla

Who is Dhobi? Aamir Khan's upcoming movie "Dhobi Ghaat"?:rolleyes

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
We have erred big time with our squad. It is too heavily loaded with spin, even with most of our part-timers being spinners as well. I would have liked Sree to be in the squad in place of Chawla. What happens if Zaheer breaks down, which is a huge possibility! Then you`d be faced with a situation where we would be playing Munaf and Praveen in the same attack, both of whom will be cannon fodder on Indian tracks. Sree was needed just to have someone who could crank it up and bowl aggressively when needed. Also, if a batsmen gets injured, the only backup we have is crappy Yuseless Pathan. Would have picked Sharma or Vijay over him anyday.

Foolish picks. We won`t win this tournament because we are bound to have an injury or two on the way and our backup options are shitty!

----------

I also hope we do not play a 2-2 bowling combination. 2 seamers would be too few, considering that we have no part time seam bowling backup either.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A bit surprised with the inclusion of Chawla but he might be useful because he can be a handy lower order batsman.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
I meant Dhoni.. Actually was typing that time from phone and could not type properly :p

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Piyush Chawla is the luckiest mofo going around. No way should he be playing in the World Cup ! He's got in purely because of his ability to bat. Also as a leg spinner he provides variety to all the offies we've got.

He's our answer to Australia's Steven Smith.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Really sad with this squad!! Where the hell is Jadeja? :p

JKS apart, Happy to see the team strength and Chawla only got selected based on his variation. He will not play a single match though

relentless_rock

Club Cricketer
Very happy with the squad. The selectors though failed to make a tough decision between Kohli and Pathan n ended up including both of thm which costed Sree his place.

I agree, we are on thin ice with pacemen, as one of them is bound to breakdown, n we'll not be left with any replacement for out of form ones.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
I agree with most of you that the selectors missed a trick by not picking a fast bowler ahead of Chawla. It surely is puzzling to say the least. Sreesanth seems to be the likely option, and would have prefered him over a third spinner.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I dont buy the theory of loading the side with 5 pacemen for a World Cup being held in the subcontinent. If at all we need Sree, it should have been for one of the pacers who have been picked. Maybe he could have been picked for Nehra, but again, Nehra has done decently enough in ODI's and T20's in the past months for India, so he got picked. If Zak gets injured, we will play Nehra and Praveen and these two have been bowling for India in ODI's in recent times. If we get an injury, we are unlucky thats all. We couldnt have picked a better fast bowling attack. Maybe Ojha or a keeper for Chawla would be the only change I see. Other than that, this is the best team we can put together.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I agree with most of you that the selectors missed a trick by not picking a fast bowler ahead of Chawla. It surely is puzzling to say the least. Sreesanth seems to be the likely option, and would have prefered him over a third spinner.

Sreesanth and ODIs do not mix. He has a 6.03 ODI economy rate.:facepalm

relentless_rock

Club Cricketer
I dont buy the theory of loading the side with 5 pacemen for a World Cup being held in the subcontinent. If at all we need Sree, it should have been for one of the pacers who have been picked. Maybe he could have been picked for Nehra, but again, Nehra has done decently enough in ODI's and T20's in the past months for India, so he got picked. If Zak gets injured, we will play Nehra and Praveen and these two have been bowling for India in ODI's in recent times. If we get an injury, we are unlucky thats all. We couldnt have picked a better fast bowling attack. Maybe Ojha or a keeper for Chawla would be the only change I see. Other than that, this is the best team we can put together.

Completely agree!! :thumbs No use of having 5 pacemen for subcontinental condns. Pity tht none of our regularly used part time bowlers bowl medium pace. (Kohli doesn't seem to be on Dhoni's radar to fulfil tht job)
:D Got carried away with exclusion of Sree. Just hope and prey to God that Dhoni and his fingers survive the entirety of WC.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Dhoni has decent pace for a part-timer and could have been handy if he wasn't wicket keeping.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
The squad looks quite balanced. I would have liked Sreesanth in there, but I suppose Chawla is pretty decent as well. He is a pretty good leg spinner. Haven't seen much of his batting heroics, but they say he can bat a bit.

Dhoni has decent pace for a part-timer and could have been handy if he wasn't wicket keeping.

Dhoni has hardly bowled in international games, and you say that we should test out his bowling skills by playing a secondary keeper, that too in a Word Cup game? That sounds ridiculous to be brutally honest!

Users who are viewing this thread