India

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Ya you noticed something superb. This tail can easily contribute 50-80 runs if the batsmen fail.
Hmm... What are you talking... if you send this tail as top order batsmen against (current) Pakistan/West Indies/ New Zealand, they can easily score a mammoth total :p. (just kiddin' :p)
lol Binnu that was the same thing you posted on FB :p

Anyways Dhoni said Kohli will keep if I get injured :eek:

----------

Also Binnu, Raina is not there in that XI which is not possible :p
Hmm... was tooo lazy to paraphrase it again :p.

And Kohli as BU keeper????:eek: This is too much! Instead, Robbie should be in for some bloke out there, if at all Dhoni is injured.

Hmm.. yea, I kept Raina out because he doesn't fit in my team. Both Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina will be fighting for a spot, which means any one should get in. So you can consider it as Yuvraj Singh/ Suresh Raina :) .
i guess a lot of you are happy because they have chucked jadeja, ishant and rohit and picked ashwin.

looks a pretty decent team. still might have taken rohit if I was an indian selector because he's a half decent part-time bowler. I think chawla is the lucky one.
Thankgod, there is no Fail- legend in the team! Ravindra Jadeja, Ishant Sharma, Rohit Sharma & Murali Vijay!

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Instead, Robbie should be in for some bloke out there, if at all Dhoni is injured.
I agree. His batting gets a lot of strength into the middle order and as you said, he can serve as a back-up wicket keeper.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Not selecting Sreesanth and Robin or Parthiv as a backup keeper is gonna cost us big time. Nehra and Munaf are on top of the list for bowlers with out a brain. Selecting Munaf based on his bowling in last ODI is such a huge mistake. Him and Nehra will show their true merit in the following ODI's against SA.

Why the heck is there 3 spinners? We never gonna use them. Even if the WC is in Sub-continent 3 spinners is an over kill especially when we have good backup part-timer's like Pathan,Raina,Yuvraj and Sehwag.Instead of 3 spinners either Robin or a good back up batsman would have perfect in Sub-co conditions where roads replaces pitches because of greed and foolishness.

Why can't the damn selectors select the perfect team available?

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its the best possible team selected.. If anyone has a problem then you go and select your team in fantasy cricket :p

Selection of robin is really something I don't understand he is not even in the 30 member squad

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Its the best possible team selected.. If anyone has a problem then you go and select your team in fantasy cricket :p

Selection of robin is really something I don't understand he is not even in the 30 member squad

I at least came up with some valid points why this isn't the perfect team you funny guy.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Not Selecting Sreesanth could be a factor but not gona cost us big time. Although it will save runs for us big time :p

Parthiv did not deserve being in the side. He just played for CSK and thats the reason he is there..

R Ashwin will play most probably and we might get in Chawla in few of matches were bowl will turn so Singh bowling Off Breaks and Chawla it's leg spin can be deadly dangerous.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
By the way I forgot to mention that we have the two worst fielders(Munaf & Nehra) in the international cricket.

----------

R Ashwin will play most probably and we might get in Chawla in few of matches were bowl will turn so Singh bowling Off Breaks and Chawla it's leg spin can be deadly dangerous.

Our selectors are making the same mistake Aussies selectors made in this year's Ashes. They selected Doherty, Beer for the sake that they are left arm spinners to trouble England batsman and they failed big time. In reality being a left arm bowler or a leg spinner never automatically make opposition's batsman to get out to their balls, they need to have some talent and Chawla just doesn't have that talent.

Also I think Dhoni and Sreesanth has some serious issues between them because he didn't pick Sree ahead of Nehra after the dissappointing performance of Nehra in the 1st ODI. If Sree got a chance in 2nd ODI he may had been able to make his way into the WC squad. Dhoni also sold Sree cheaply infront of media by complaining about him.

Last edited:

King Cricket

International Coach
Exclusion of Sreesanth is drawing flak from some quarters, but I don't think it's any imprudent decision. With Dhoni as the captain, he wouldn't have made it into our first eleven anyway so it's a bit inconsequential whether or not he is picked. Add to it the fact that subcontinental pitches offer absolutely nothing for fast bowlers and they would be clobbered one way or the other regardless of how much effort they put into the game.

In India, It's more important to check the flow of runs here than bombarding the opposition with pace and verbal grenades, and Sreesanth isn't exactly known for his economical bowling.

Last edited:

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Actually, Robin Uthappa has some sort of backbone issues, which will make him damn obese, if he misses out fitness for couple of sessions. So, he's playing domestic & playing IPL, which is not much important.
But, he deserves an Indian spot in this situation.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not selecting Sreesanth and Robin or Parthiv as a backup keeper is gonna cost us big time. Nehra and Munaf are on top of the list for bowlers with out a brain. Selecting Munaf based on his bowling in last ODI is such a huge mistake. Him and Nehra will show their true merit in the following ODI's against SA.

Why the heck is there 3 spinners? We never gonna use them. Even if the WC is in Sub-continent 3 spinners is an over kill especially when we have good backup part-timer's like Pathan,Raina,Yuvraj and Sehwag.Instead of 3 spinners either Robin or a good back up batsman would have perfect in Sub-co conditions where roads replaces pitches because of greed and foolishness.

Why can't the damn selectors select the perfect team available?

Sreesanth is a waste of space. Munaf and Nehra have done well in the recent games to back their cases. What has Sreesanth done? Dont tell me he has not been given chances. He has not been given chances because he has proved to be horrible in ODI's and T20's. He is just a test bowler (even in tests, he has been wayward quite a few times).

Dont know why Uthappa is ignored, but I guess they didnt go for a backup keeper because since the WC is in the subcontinent, visa issues are not there and so if an injury happens, a reserve keeper can be brought in very quickly. That would mean Dhoni cant play the rest of the tournament, but when Dhoni is confident about his fitness, why bother?

Raina and Yuvraj cant always be relied upon. Thats why they are still called part timers. Same with Yusuf Pathan. Having an additional spinner is not bad. Thats why they picked Chawla because he can bat a lot better than Pragyan Ojha and so in case we need a bowling allrounder, India can play Chawla and hope he clicks with the bat. Only one selection (that of Chawla) is debatable. otherwise, this is a team thats the best we got.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Also as I said, Dhoni yesterday in Interview said that Kohli will be our Back Up Keeper

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Dont know why Uthappa is ignored, but I guess they didnt go for a backup keeper because since the WC is in the subcontinent, visa issues are not there and so if an injury happens, a reserve keeper can be brought in very quickly. That would mean Dhoni cant play the rest of the tournament, but when Dhoni is confident about his fitness, why bother?
Actually, Robin Uthappa has some sort of backbone issues, which will make him damn obese, if he misses out fitness for couple of sessions. So, he's playing domestic & playing IPL, which is not much important. So, he cannot be taken for granted at all times. He himself is keeping out of Indian team, due to this reason.

But, selecting unfit Robbie is far far better than selecting Chawla, as India needs his services!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yes, I too guessed the issue is more with Uthappa than with the selectors not picking him. Because if it was the latter, it would have made a much bigger splash in the media (right now, no one talks about it as much)

Users who are viewing this thread