Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I agree with your opinion but rohit,pollard,Mitch are not overrated. Pollard days are just over but was match winner for MI for 10 yrs. Rohit is out of form but his batting order is also a blame,he is a opener not a middle order batsman like M pandey. And if rohit is overrated howcome he is third highest run getter in vivo IPL. And last Mitch has been taking wickets for MI on crucial stages. He just need to improve is economy.
Rohit needs to drop himself. Mcclenaghan also is not a good overseas left arm quick. Every team dreams of having a good left arm quick like Starc,Johnson(earlier days),Boult,etc who take wickets and are economical. Mcclenaghan would bowl his first 2 overs for something like 1-18 and somehow finish on 2-45 or something.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Now out of 8 games MI have to at least win 7 games and i think they can do it. It will take MI just one win to go on track. Our bowling is fine but batting order isnt. For remaining match this should be the XI with batting order.
1.Rohit
2.Lewis/tajinder
3.SKY
4.Kishan/tare
5.Hardik/milne
6.Duminy
7.krunal
8.Cutting
9.Mitch
10.Bumrah
11.Markande

This team look very balanced it has batting upto eighth position and seven bowlers. Rohit should always open For MI. He is wasted on number 4 and hardik should be send on 5.
Pandya should be on the bench. He doesn't deserve the praise he gets, his brother is a much better player

Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hated Gambhir a lot but feel for him!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
That's a negative move. Even if your team isn't doing good, a captain (and the main player in the squad) stepping down doesn't bode well for a team.

Gopal123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Nepal
Rohit needs to drop himself. Mcclenaghan also is not a good overseas left arm quick. Every team dreams of having a good left arm quick like Starc,Johnson(earlier days),Boult,etc who take wickets and are economical. Mcclenaghan would bowl his first 2 overs for something like 1-18 and somehow finish on 2-45 or something.
You are joking right. Its like saying drop dhoni from CSK. If he drops who will be the captain

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I say its a good move from GG to drop himself from captaincy! Not at all been his fan, but this move needs to be given its due. Delhi are being proactive and want to really turn things around and seemed to have understood that Gambhir is a big weak link in their XI. By delinking him from captaincy, it gives him an opportunity to relieve pressure and turn things around as a batsman. And if he doesnt do that, its easier to drop him and bring in a different player. Well done GG for having the guts to do this!

Maybe KKR knew this and that's why they let Gambhir go easily (I know the rumors of GG asking KKR to relieve him so that he can return to his home side, Delhi; but KKR could've said no and wanted him if they thought he was worth it).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
So Rayudu goes back to open again today!! This has been the season of floating openers for CSK! And it has worked so far for us!! Normally, a settled opening pair is said to be a reflection of a team's good standing. But CSK have debunked it this season.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Woakes out and Colin in.. Southee still on the bench. RCB is hilarious. God knows how badly I wanted AB to play in the yellow jersey under MSD just to have a chance to win an IPL! I guarantee Bangalore will go down today.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
When you have MSD as captain, you don't care much for the changes he makes. Because he has a way of coming off with whatever changes he makes.

Making RCB bat first is an advantage for CSK (more so with rain a possibility). Hoping for a good CSK win and not a heart stopper!

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
@LiveLoveABD - bet your beaming from ear to ear watching this innings!!

Seems like finally, the Kohli tactic of hoping batsmen just score too much for the opposition to chase might have come good.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Tbh this should always be RCB's batting order. Kohli and ABD haclve to bat in the top 3, that's it. I am a Chennai supporter but this is insane stuff from superman.

B

Bigby Wolf

That over from bravo where he bowled the 5 dots to Corey Anderson changed the momentum completely.

Users who are viewing this thread