Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
3, one was due to Evin's injury. Should I list RCB's?

Kohli/QDK
QDK/Baz
QDK/Manan
Baz/Parthiv
Moeen/Parthiv

Not one, right?

Coming to RCB's opening two, if things don't work out, or if the player isn't confident enough to take up the challenge, the opening two would change, won't they?

If RCB would have won first 7 games straight, do you think there would have been a necessity to change the opening two?

They changed only because the combination didn't work out.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not one, right?

Coming to RCB's opening two, if things don't work out, or if the player isn't confident enough to take up the challenge, the opening two would change, won't they?

If RCB would have won first 7 games straight, do you think there would have been a necessity to change the opening two?

They changed only because the combination didn't work out.
To be honest, RCB should open with Kohli and Parthiv, AB at 3. This was the scenario what saw RCB's dominance in 2016(Gayle for Parthiv). Can't deny KL in the middle order was the stability too. Woakes for 740L and warming the bench, RTM on Rahul would've sound much better than an Woakes carryin drinks.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
On a swinging pitch, CSK have not been able to break through Dhawan-Williamson. Once the swing evaporates and these two stay (which could be anytime now), there is going to be a lot of runs to be had here. And when Bhuvi/Sandeep/Kaul get use of the new ball in the second innings, wonder how will CSK withstand the swing then?

Edit: Dont be surprised if you see 180 score here from SRH, and that too with Dhawan and Williamson unbeaten. CSK bowling is just complete rubbish..... CSK should hope the ball doesn't move as much in the second innings and that their batting brings it all its might. Obviously, I am going to attract some posters here who are going to brand me pessimistic, ask me to cool down, deride me for getting angry, ask me to be in RCB shoes, etc.

Last edited:

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
CSK in the drivers seat here, SRH need the wickets of Dhoni and Rayudu quickly now.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Don't know what's up with Sid Kaul, four full tosses in one over. Bad day for him, as for the rest of SRH bowlers.

Rayudu played superbly again. I presume CSK are officially through, interested to see if KKR and Punjab will hold on to their playoff spots or not. If Punjab loses another game, I believe this will open up two spots for taking.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
To be honest, RCB should open with Kohli and Parthiv, AB at 3. This was the scenario what saw RCB's dominance in 2016(Gayle for Parthiv). Can't deny KL in the middle order was the stability too. Woakes for 740L and warming the bench, RTM on Rahul would've sound much better than an Woakes carryin drinks.

If you go back to retention and auction phase, RCB should have retained KLR hands down.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

As long as their batting continues to go like this and covers up for the tripe bowling. If the batting continues like this in the next two games and gives CSK that Top two finish, I can breathe easier because both Mumbai and Kolkata are hardcore batting pitches where it will come down to "who scores better runs than whom" and "who handles pressure the best" and that's a zone where CSK should feel happier. Also a Top 2 finish means a double chance to make the finals.

I know I will sound incredibly picky here, but I think Raina should be demoted down and someone like Billings/Faf/Rayudu should bat at No. 3 depending on the team composition. Raina with his recently acquired 'wild slog' nature would best fit at No. 5. I know he has been a terrific No. 3 for CSK in the past but he is not the same Raina anymore. But I know CSK love same-ness and they pick the same set of players and do the same things that has given them success and all. And they are like what Amitabh Bachchan says in the Bollywood movie Mohabbatein "I don't like changes". :D

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If RCB have an ounce of common sense they'll get Woakes for Moeen. Indore is a place where everyone will do the journey tomorrow. Also, Kohli at the top and AB 3. You want those two playing max deliveries at that batting paradise.

If Kings XI lose tomorrow, they are in deep trouble. Tomorrow is their only easy game..

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I had said it after the auctions itself that MI are crazy to let someone like him go, specially for Pollard. Buttler went for too little in the auctions. Jesus Christ, they paid 5 cr for Saha, they could have got Buttler and someone else for that money. Can you imagine the SRH side? Someone like Maxwell makes twice the amount of money Jos does.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
No no Pollard was a better choice for an RTM. :facepalm

I know you're a MI fan but I'm just telling you my opinion. Buttler plays international cricket all over the world and is a far better all round batsman than that hippo. MI have a huge talent for unearthing bright young India talent but boy do they pamper some of their staff and internationals. There was no sound reason for retaining Pollard and no reason whatsoever of having Malinga in the set up. Malinga hardly speaks anything but Sinhalese. Plus, Bumrah has already had all his wisdom extracted.

In my honest opinion, Mumbai have the best team in the competition. I was sceptical about their spin bowling but they found a decent one in Markhande. I don't know why Cutting doesn't bowl. I don't get why Duminy is there. I don't get why McLeneghan who went unsold played ahead of Milne. I also think you guys ditched the Fizz too early!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
This is my XI for RCB which will escape the eagle eyes of the great tactical genius Kohli-

Vohra
Parthiv
Kohli
AB
Mandeep
CDG
Woakes
Southee
Yadav
Chahal
Saini

Users who are viewing this thread