Indian Premier League - General Discussion

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Terrible terrible start this!!! Both openers GONE!!!

Extremely timid opening combination as well. I just don't get the value Du Plessis adds and if you're going to bat your best attacking option at 8, good luck!

It is a crime to bat someone like Jadeja and Curran below 6&7 respectively.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Extremely timid opening combination as well. I just don't get the value Du Plessis adds and if you're going to bat your best attacking option at 8, good luck!

I guess they wanted to stick to the Rutu-Faf combo that did well in the last 3-4 games of the previous IPL. Very much in line with CSK's thought process of "backing to the hilt". I hope they're more flexible this season if they have to get through this season in a decent fashion.

I think the likes of Rutu-Faf will do better in Delhi. Here we should've played openers who are intent on going after the ball from the onset.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Excellent stuff that from MO!! Though he lost his wicket going for the 3rd consecutive shot, he showed stunning intent and urgency to lift CSK out of the woods. With batting available till No. 10, they had to go after this, if they want to reach 180+, which might still be tough to defend here.

CSK need to maintain this momentum from here!! And not care about wickets.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I guess they wanted to stick to the Rutu-Faf combo that did well in the last 3-4 games of the previous IPL. Very much in line with CSK's thought process of "backing to the hilt". I hope they're more flexible this season if they have to get through this season in a decent fashion.

I think the likes of Rutu-Faf will do better in Delhi. Here we should've played openers who are intent on going after the ball from the onset.

It's no longer even a jaded template but an outdated one. If you look at the track yesterday, the reliable chaps really just stuck the game out on a tacky track. It's the attacking option which will win you the game no matter what the track. Every team should have one anchor "Ish" sort of batsman and the limit of that is two of them. When you look down the CSK line up, very few intimidate a bowler in the top 6.

They should open with Ali and Uthappa/Gaekwad with Raina 3 and Rayudu 4.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

I don't mind Sam Curran opening the batting for CSK as I think he can be an ideal replacement for Watson. However, I think the management is looking at him and Jadeja to play the finisher role especially since MSD is not the same player he once was.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
A little surprised to see Ashwin bowl 4 overs on the trot considering he doesn't look that effective with his rhythm tonight.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
You can not bowl these many overs of spin to Raina in succession and not expect him to go berserk.

Users who are viewing this thread