Indian Premier League - General Discussion

B

Bigby Wolf

Why are people moaning about high scoring games ?

IPL is played across 10 different venues across the country and we are fortunate to have different conditions low scoring venues in Lucknow and Delhi are good to mix to have and rest with typical 20-20 wickets.

Atleast 250s are not being chased which is what happened in PSL in one of the venues.

B

Bigby Wolf

Mark Howard is a fantastic edition in the comm box.

Remember him joking about being in the IPL box in the bbl commentary with Warnie few years back.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

IPL is played across 10 different venues across the country and we are fortunate to have different conditions low scoring venues in Lucknow and Delhi are good to mix to have and rest with typical 20-20 wickets.

Atleast 250s are not being chased which is what happened in PSL in one of the venues.
I'd rather see 250 chased than resulting in a 56 run win.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
KL Rahul and Harry Brooks... No.1 in trollers list in this season of IPL... But, trend might change towards Rohit Sharma soon...

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I didn’t follow it much but heard PSL was incredibly high scoring this season. I think skewing too much towards that is detrimental as it gets boring beyond a point like when IPL matches were held at Sharjah and they didn’t make the pitch bowler friendly enough to compensate for the short boundaries.

B

Bigby Wolf

I didn’t follow it much but heard PSL was incredibly high scoring this season. I think skewing too much towards that is detrimental as it gets boring beyond a point like when IPL matches were held at Sharjah and they didn’t make the pitch bowler friendly enough to compensate for the short boundaries.
It was during one of the legs (Rawalpindi not sure) where the pitches where absolute roads and scores where exclusively scored in over of 230 in every match of that leg and being chased as well.

Due to different venues across the IPL different surfaces and grounds are due to which the matches are exciting to watch although scores in excess of 200 have been scored in most of the venues.

B

Bigby Wolf

Everytime the scoreboard reads 48 off 18 it reminds of that MCG and Virat Kohli vs Pakistan in the WT20 2022.

Anything above 40+ is extremely tough chase in t20s unreal how Kohli managed to did that!

Users who are viewing this thread