Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Gopal123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Nepal
MI are lacking good keppers.[DOUBLEPOST=1517139585][/DOUBLEPOST]This auction goes to DD and RCB.

Manish.

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sunrisers Hyderabad and Delhi Daredevils seems well balanced squads.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Phew! Was an exhausting auction. Thoughts on Chennai -

After a very lacklustre Day 1, Chennai redeemed themselves a lot on Day 2 with some really smart and stingy cheap buys. Lungi Ngidi for 50L was the best buy as getting such a promising overseas fast bowler for that rate is superb. Ngidi already has a 4 wkt haul in a T20 international after having just played 3 T20I games. And his economy in T20's is 7.23 which is pretty good by today's standards.Thankfully CSK brought back our old guard Vijay at the end of the auction by buying him at base price. Vijay might be the only local guy playing in the XI (CSK picked another local guy, Jagadeesan Narayan, but there is doubt if they will really play him over other star buys). I still think CSK have got pretty close to the right mix of players who should help CSK do as well as they always do.

Biggest hole of CSK was that they ended the auction with 6.5 crores (650L) still left in their tank. And they paid 500L for Karn Sharma and 200L for Harbhajan. If they had saved money on either one of these (preferably Karn Sharma) and gone harder on R Ashwin, they could've got him. Ashwin went for 760L to Punjab. The difference between Ashwin and Karn is just 260L. And CSK still have 650L left in their tank. Fleming said they had an upper limit of just 400L on Ashwin. Well they should've had a 1M upper limit on Ashwin.

Probable XI for CSK:

M Vijay
F Du Plessis/S Watson
S Raina
MS Dhoni
K Jadhav/A Rayudu
S Billings
D Bravo
R Jadeja
H Singh/K Sharma
S Thakur
L Ngidi/M Wood

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Like a lot of other people here, I've followed the auctions for all ten years and I thoroughly love it.

I've seen some poor auctions for franchises but KKR's is a sham beyond epic proportions this time. Shudder to think what happens if one of their foreigners gets injured. 0/10

I think CSK did okay. I think Dhoni wanted Unadkat and they were left with 6.5 crores in the end. So I'm confused there. Harbhajan Singh and Sam Billings are ridiculous steals. I would pay Billings ahead of Watson and Faf. 7/10

Solid auction by MI. Their playing XI almost looks unbeatable. 9/10

Excellent auction by DD. It's now up to the players to perform. 9/10

SRH have a fetish for bowlers but they have a well rounded team. I still feel they don't have a proven dominant middle order and they should/could have done more to get that. 8/10

Unlike last auctions, this was a half decent auction by the RCB. I still don't like their death bowling and as usual the batting is manic. 7/10

RR decided to spend all that they saved in the auction in 10 years. I think they have a really good side and did a solid job considering they had to press the reboot button. 8/10

KXIP were for me the most dynamic side in the auction. Decent auction but side doesn't look like world beaters. 7/10

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Expected Unadkat to be a hot buy, but he literally tore the roof there. Wish CSK could've got him. Rajasthan have almost picked most of the Pune players who played together last year for RPSG (Rahane, Tripathi, Smith, Stokes, Unadkat). Rajasthan are very strong. Only thing is, these set of boys now have to contend with playing against a certain MS Dhoni instead of playing with him. Its basically like MS Dhoni moving to Gujarat Lions and I love that. :D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Like a lot of other people here, I've followed the auctions for all ten years and I thoroughly love it.

I've seen some poor auctions for franchises but KKR's is a sham beyond epic proportions this time. Shudder to think what happens if one of their foreigners gets injured. 0/10

I think CSK did okay. I think Dhoni wanted Unadkat and they were left with 6.5 crores in the end. So I'm confused there. Harbhajan Singh and Sam Billings are ridiculous steals. I would pay Billings ahead of Watson and Faf. 7/10

Solid auction by MI. Their playing XI almost looks unbeatable. 9/10

Excellent auction by DD. It's now up to the players to perform. 9/10

SRH have a fetish for bowlers but they have a well rounded team. I still feel they don't have a proven dominant middle order and they should/could have done more to get that. 8/10

Unlike last auctions, this was a half decent auction by the RCB. I still don't like their death bowling and as usual the batting is manic. 7/10

RR decided to spend all that they saved in the auction in 10 years. I think they have a really good side and did a solid job considering they had to press the reboot button. 8/10

KXIP were for me the most dynamic side in the auction. Decent auction but side doesn't look like world beaters. 7/10

Oh yeah. I was awake almost till the end of Day 2 and it was like 6AM in the morning for me. I enjoy watching IPL auctions. In itself, it is a big "watch with popcorn" worthy stuff. :D

Delhi have done a great job this time in choosing players. And with Ponting coming in to coach them, everyone should expect a much much improved performance from Delhi this season. I am not too sure about Punjab. They were the most dynamic characters in the auction (courtesy a certain Mrs. Preity Zinta) but their bowling looks uninspiring. Their batting looks dynamic (as is with most teams in the auction), but their bowling does not inspire. Who captains Punjab is going to be the big question.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Martin Guptill , Amla & Joe Root : Unsold O.o
Malinga & Steyn (Fitness) cost them a place in IPL11!
Sodhi & Hazlewood didn't get sold :/

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Kings XI have a habit of making these ridiculous purchases. I would have picked Amla ahead of Finch.
Finch is a good pick imo.. Not sure about Gayle! He struggled in both PSL & IPL last year :)

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Finch is a good pick imo.. Not sure about Gayle! He struggled in both PSL & IPL last year :)

Finch has been there forever in the IPL and done zilch. Amla played his first IPL last year and made 3 hundreds. I know who I am picking. Amla is simply under rated in India.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Finch has been there forever in the IPL and done zilch. Amla played his first IPL last year and made 3 hundreds. I know who I am picking. Amla is simply under rated in India.

Yeah Amla with Finch >>> Gayle with Finch but as a Punjab fan I hope Gayle play like he did in 2011/12/13 !!
:cheers
[HASHTAG]#HalaKXIP[/HASHTAG]

Users who are viewing this thread