Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Rishabh Pant has been announced as captain. It has also been announced that Pant will act as fitness coach and wicketkeeping mentor, with special focus on maintaining professional weights and reducing fat, and sharing expertise on how to avoid dropping catches when keeping to spin. It is speculated that Pant will also learnedly review the concept of DRS with the ICC.
I think this account is run by Urvashi Rautela

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finn Allen giving Bangladesh a smashing

Impressive innings but he was almost begging the opponents to be out after they dropped him once in every 5-6 balls. I doubt he'll get a game if Kohli opens but you never know.

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
That is a huge blow to CSK. Viljoen will be an excellent replacement as Punjab never used him properly. He's a hit the deck and Yorker bowler and would do well at CSK but I can't help but feel that Hazlewood was the joker in the pack of overpaid quick bowlers. He's an underrated white ball bowler and with Dhoni he could have got the purple this year.

Some of the Aussies are playing with fire with these 'personal reasons' back outs. Mitchell Starc, Marsh and now this. Franchises don't mind paying the moolah but they like to pick banks at the auctions which is why seldom a WI player doing well at the auctions goes unsold. Your commitment to the IPL circus has to be more than even the international one simply because the money being doled out is bananas.

Good thing with Starc is he pulled out before the auction itself... This one from Marsh and more so, Hazlewood, would feel very unprofessional to the franchises and the fans. Anyways cant go in too much as the mental health issue will be brought out...

Lots of interesting names doled out on social media for the replacement - Nathan Ellis, Jason Behrendorff, Naveen Ul Haq, Topley, etc. Some have gone on and done an April fools by saying Alex Hales is already signed up as replacement :D I wouldn't go for a batsman right now to replace Hazlewood as the batting is overflowing with Indian guys. An overseas seamer would be better. I'm actually inclined towards Behrendorff, a good death bowler from what I've read of his work in recent BBL. We played on flatter wickets of Mumbai and Bangalore where Bangalore is also a tiny ground. A good death bowler can help with Bravo on the wane and Ngidi blowing hot and cold.

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
Good thing with Starc is he pulled out before the auction itself... This one from Marsh and more so, Hazlewood, would feel very unprofessional to the franchises and the fans. Anyways cant go in too much as the mental health issue will be brought out...

Lots of interesting names doled out on social media for the replacement - Nathan Ellis, Jason Behrendorff, Naveen Ul Haq, Topley, etc. Some have gone on and done an April fools by saying Alex Hales is already signed up as replacement :D I wouldn't go for a batsman right now to replace Hazlewood as the batting is overflowing with Indian guys. An overseas seamer would be better. I'm actually inclined towards Behrendorff, a good death bowler from what I've read of his work in recent BBL. We played on flatter wickets of Mumbai and Bangalore where Bangalore is also a tiny ground. A good death bowler can help with Bravo on the wane and Ngidi blowing hot and cold.
Behrendorff has Wankhede experience too

cricfreak12

County Cricketer
Some of the Aussies are playing with fire with these 'personal reasons' back outs. Mitchell Starc, Marsh and now this. Franchises don't mind paying the moolah but they like to pick banks at the auctions which is why seldom a WI player doing well at the auctions goes unsold. Your commitment to the IPL circus has to be more than even the international one simply because the money being doled out is bananas.
Highly doubt the star aussie players( bowlers in this instance) care about the ipl paychecks much as their own board takes good care of them. Although in saying that I would love for starc to make a comeback to the ipl. Hopefully a good world t20 performance persuades him to play more in the sub-continent.

Users who are viewing this thread