Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sending Jadeja ahead of Mitchell and Mo is certainly a choice.

Bevab

Staff Member
Abhishek Sharma, Indian opener pool is absolutely stacked.
But I think he might not get that cap very easily because of the star openers.

We should go the Aussie route of playing openers at six and seven due to our surfeit of them since they’re used to hitting pacers by opening anyway.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
We should go the Aussie route of playing openers at six and seven due to our surfeit of them since they’re used to hitting pacers by opening anyway.
Plus Abhishek has experience batting there.
Plus left

Bevab

Staff Member
Plus Abhishek has experience batting there.
Plus left

I do think it can work if he shows that he can bowl well enough for a sixth bowler.

The impact sub rule is hurting the national team big time here. In a normal game he would have been given another over or two after his first one but when you have an extra frontline bowling option it’s too risky for a captain to bowl him again if they’ve already got a good over from him.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
It would be extremely farcical if they do, it simply isn’t a good rule.
I REALLY hate it and particularly how awfully it has been implemented. However, I remember saying when it was first introduced; I think it's a sneaky way of the BCCI getting over them having the best squads but never usually the best XI. That's why I could see it happening in the next (not the next, but the next next) World Cup. Like, The Hundred, for all it's flaws, brought in some common sense improvements to the game - new batter on strike being the one that jumps to mind, I'd say in terms of time savers having two overs at the same end is also a good one that's not been broadly taken up. So, BCCI, could easily force through this rule if they wanted because they can just say it is the IPL so we should all follow what it's doing, because IPL > cricket.

Bevab

Staff Member
I REALLY hate it and particularly how awfully it has been implemented. However, I remember saying when it was first introduced; I think it's a sneaky way of the BCCI getting over them having the best squads but never usually the best XI. That's why I could see it happening in the next (not the next, but the next next) World Cup. Like, The Hundred, for all it's flaws, brought in some common sense improvements to the game - new batter on strike being the one that jumps to mind, I'd say in terms of time savers having two overs at the same end is also a good one that's not been broadly taken up. So, BCCI, could easily force through this rule if they wanted because they can just say it is the IPL so we should all follow what it's doing, because IPL > cricket.

India isn’t winning any T20 World Cup as long as it continues with it’s dinosaur era tactics. The same could apply to their ODI side as well to a lesser extent.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
India isn’t winning any T20 World Cup as long as it continues with it’s dinosaur era tactics. The same could apply to their ODI side as well to a lesser extent.
Tactics aren't as important when it's 12 v 12.

Although, I do think Australia and, maybe England (because of the extensive pace bowling all rounders) could still come up with n XII that would out-match India's best XII. Especially as India's best/only pace-bowling all-rounder is presently public enemy #1 and England's, worst on paper, but double-final winning all-rounder is saying 'I don't wanna play cause we're playing Sri Lanka and West Indies in test matches.' Meanwhile, Sam Curran, who England fans (me an @Aislabie at least) don't rate, is one of the most sought after players in the IPL. While we just want JOVERTON unleashed.

Users who are viewing this thread