Indian Premier League - General Discussion

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it insensitive to say that I like seeing Mohit Sharma get tonked? How he manages to find a place in the playing XI in this day and age is beyond me. Surely there would be better options available to choose from?

Pretty similar case is of Vijay Shankar as well.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is it insensitive to say that I like seeing Mohit Sharma get tonked? How he manages to find a place in the playing XI in this day and age is beyond me. Surely there would be better options available to choose from?

IIRC Mohit was just a net bowler until last year for GT. He was not in any squad. With Shami out they thought he would fill the gap

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend

Mohit was pretty much unplayable last season. Picked up 27 wickets in 14 matches with an avg of 13.37 and SR of 9.8 which was by far the best for any bowler in IPL 2023. He is just having an off season. I still believe he is far better than someone with similar style of play - Harshal Patel.

Also, GT are really missing the experienced pacers in Shami and someone express like Alzarri Joseph or Lokie Ferguson that they had in the previous years.

As for Vijay Shankar, I would rather see Abhinav Manohar (who could have been another option for the impact sub) on one arm and a leg than him coz of his sheer consistency of failure to contribute.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Maxwell’s giving us the T20 version of Rahane’s Ranji season.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
The powerplay of both innings cost GT the game. Shoddy gameplay in the PP of both innings.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians

cricfan123

Club Cricketer
ZIM...
Shashank Singh is the key here, he is a 3d type batsman they are very rare these days since ab Deviller retired

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The margin of victory should have been 50+ runs and it was a lacklustre effort to give away that many runs to end up with a 28 run win. Santner and Simarjeet had an over each to bowl and both of them were exceptional today.

Still think its down to Ruturaj's captaincy inexperiences, but he must be happy that the "Punjab streak" is finally broken and CSK can still dream on! Pathirana is ruled out, but I still think they have bowlers (and if they smartly call up a replacement for Pathirana) to get to Qualifier 2 atleast. That will be a big achievement for this team.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
The margin of victory should have been 50+ runs and it was a lacklustre effort to give away that many runs to end up with a 28 run win. Santner and Simarjeet had an over each to bowl and both of them were exceptional today.

Still think its down to Ruturaj's captaincy inexperiences, but he must be happy that the "Punjab streak" is finally broken and CSK can still dream on! Pathirana is ruled out, but I still think they have bowlers (and if they smartly call up a replacement for Pathirana) to get to Qualifier 2 atleast. That will be a big achievement for this team.
Teams can replace players only within first 7 matches according to the script makers.

Users who are viewing this thread