Story India's International Season [C2005]

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India have been through a very tough time these days in international cricket. A captain who is not able to inspire the team to victories, a team that seems disjointed and low in confidence, a coach who is new to the scene and is working hard and making the moves to make the team get back to their winning ways, a board that is known for its lackadaisical attitude and atrocious selections, etc. Can this team turn the tide and get back to their glory days? This might or might not happen in real life but lets see whether it happens here or not!

India embark on an international season of Fall 2005 with a tri series against New Zealand and Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe who are plagued with various problems are at the dead end of international cricket. New Zealand, led by an astute Fleming are looking to better themselves. Can India beat New Zealand and seek glory?

Following is the itineary which I will be following for the international season

August-September: Tri Series (India, New Zealand, Zimbabwe) in Zimbabwe
September: India vs Zimbabwe (2 tests) in Zimbabwe
October: India vs Sri Lanka (7 ODI's) in India
November: India vs South Africa (5 ODI's) in India
December: India vs Sri Lanka (3 tests) in India
January-February (2006): India vs PAKISTAN (3 tests and 5 ODI's) in Pakistan
Feb-March: India vs England in India (To be announced)
May-June: India vs West Indies (in West Indies)

As the season progresses, the results will be updated here in the first post for the readers to keep track of in case they are new to this thread or in case they dont have the time to read through the whole thread!

Tools to be used for this Season

Various AI gameplay patches (will be trying various patches to test and will settle on the most realistic patch!)
Hard mode only (Whole season to be played on Hard mode!)
Necessary pitch ads & ad boards

Note: I have closed the other thread for the tests with India and England becoz of lack of interest there for the readers! I hope this international season is more enjoyable for you all to read and for me to write! I have written stories on C2004 and were liked by many. Hope its the same here!

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
At which level will you play? Also which patch will you use?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Greg Chappell sounds optimistic ahead of the tri series against New Zealand-Zimbabwe

Greg Chappell sounds optmistic ahead of the tri series

2003070405721901.jpg

Greg Chappell sounded confident and optimistic ahead of the team's departure from India for their tour of Zimbabwe. There was chaos at Mumbai due to the late arrival of the team members to check into hotel and added to it, the BCCI has arranged a very complicated schedule for the team during their tour in Zimbabwe. Though Chappell was a bit furious at all these mess, he has now cooled himself and chatted with us in detail on the team, the tri series in Zimbabwe, etc

Reporter: You seemed to be a bit temperemental Mr. Chappell.
G.Chappell: Yes, I get to be temperemental at times. But I also have the ability to cool myself down

Reporter: Can you tell us more about the chaos before the departure?
G.Chappell: Thats all now in the past. The team is ready for departure and are really confident of their success in Zimbabwe

Reporter: What do you think is the team doing wrong now?
G.Chappell: There's nothing muh wrong that we're doing now. Its just that we need that confidence to make things work. And we're not being allowed to get back that confidence. I am sure we will get it back in Zimbabwe

Reporter: How do you rate Saurav and Dravid as captains?
G.Chappell: I havent worked yet with Saurav the captain. But I have watched the team play under his captaincy and under him, the team has achieved memorable victories. I have worked under Dravid and he seems to be an aggressive leader with tactical brilliance. If given time, he too can work wonders with the team. But Ganguly has more experience and that would be valuable for the team

Reporter: Is the experimentation from Sri Lanka going to continue for this tri series?
G.Chappell: May be or may be not! We havent decided yet. We will only decide after reaching Zimbabwe.

This is what Chappell had to say before the team's departure.

ZexyZahid said:
At which level will you play? Also which patch will you use?

Sorry. Didnt include those information. Will update them in the first post!

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Fixtures for the tri series!

Fixtures (Videocon Cup Tri Series) - India vs New Zealand vs Zimbabwe

Zim v NZ- Bulawayo
Ind v NZ - Bulawayo
Zim v Ind - Harare
Zim v NZ - Harare
Ind v NZ - Harare
Zim v Ind - Harare
Final - Harare

Zimbabwe and New Zealand start off proceedings at Harare in a few days! Stay tuned!

ashu2411

International Coach
It would be a great story but a long one too but i think we all would enjoy it. Good Luck for the story. And I think your India and England test series was also good but you closed it :crying Hope its even better

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
ashu2411 said:
It would be a great story but a long one too but i think we all would enjoy it. Good Luck for the story. And I think your India and England test series was also good but you closed it :crying Hope its even better

Thanks man! You're being a great support for story writers. You were the one who supported me in the other thread too!

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
To make it more realistic India should lose all the matches.

ashu2411

International Coach
saisrini80 said:
Thanks man! You're being a great support for story writers. You were the one who supported me in the other thread too!
Thanks saisrini. I really loves to read all the stories posted on this site

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
New Zealand vs Zimbabwe - First Match at Bulawayo

First Match - Bulawayo​

1stmatchintro6aj.jpg

Its a good morning here at Bulawayo where the home team, Zimbabwe takes on New Zealand in the first match at Bulawayo. The news from Bulawayo is that Fleming has won the toss and has decided to make his batsmen have first use of the wicket!

Note: Right now, testing Tutsi's v2.0 AI patch for the tri series! Might change it if it doesnt give me the desired realism!

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
New Zealand post demanding 288/7

New Zealand post a commanding total batting first in the first match of the Videocon Cup triangular series against Zimbabwe, also featuring India. Craig Mc Millan top scored with a thundering 68 whearas Matthew Sinclair chipped in with 53 valuable runs. Among the Zimbabwean bowlers, Streak was the most economical whearas Murphy was the top wicket taker with 3 wickets.

1stmatchnzscorecard7is.jpg

Zimbabwe need 289 runs to win the first match! Looks an almost impossible task!

ashu2411

International Coach
Good total by NewZealand. Really quick 68 by Mcmillan. His good form is not good signs for India. Now Zimbabwe is going to have some big troubles here against Bond and Tuffey. India will be closely looking here on how Bond performs.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
New Zealand win opening match by 102 runs!

New Zealand win first ODI by 102 runs

New Zealand win the opening ODI of the Videocon Cup by 102 runs against Zimbabwe. Set a target of 289 to win, Zimbabwe faltered badly to be bundled out for 179 losing by 102 runs! The chief destroyer for New Zealand was Daniel Vettori who picked up 3/39 off his 8 overs!

1stmatchnewzealandwin8tq.jpg

For Zimbabwe though, Mazakadza top scored with a good 69 wheras Douglas Mariller scored 58 from 94 balls to keep the Zimbabwean hopes afloat! In the end though, New Zealand prevailed and won the match comprehensively. New Zealand are now one up in this tournament and will now face India on the same ground two days later for the second match of the tri series!

1stmatchzimscorecard6lz.jpg

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
ZoraxDoom said:
Will you kep JP Yadav as a regualr?

may be yes... since we need all rounders in our team (and the supersub and powerplay dont work here in C2005!). I will may be have him in the XI!

Users who are viewing this thread