Story India's Journey to World No.1: 2nd Test- Session 1

arjind

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Banner-2.jpg

Follow India's journey to be the supreme side.

Note:
The calendar of events will be made up just to add a bit of fun.

I realise I began a story a while back but I couldn't maintain it due to having no time on the computer due to health issues, hopefully this one should be more successful so wish me luck;)

arjind

International Coach
India Squad announced

The India squad for the four test series in England has been announced and a surprisingly inexperienced squad shows India want to see some future talent so they can begin to phase out the slightly older players 1 by 1

Squad.jpg

Being one of the most experienced in the team, Gambhir gets the captaincy, let's have a look at the record that has led him to receive the captaincy for the tour.

GG.jpg

More news will come through about the flooded ground at Headingly which has caused a fourth test to be added to the schedule​

Roofrom50

International Coach
2 posts in at this story already has my eye. The graphics are wonderful mate. A very inexperienced side for India. They will be looking to find some young talent with the bunch of kids they are playing at the moment.

Good luck with the series in England. Should be a cracker

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Good luck with this dude.
Pretty inexperienced side when it comes to India. Lets hope they create history by defeating England in England.

just_cricket

Club Captain
Nice start - a largely unproven but nonetheless exciting squad for India there.
Gambhir is set to become one of the best batsmen in the world, on the basis that he has changed sponsor from Reebok to Madras Rubber Factory. :D
I personally don't like the bats (he probably just uses the stickers anyway) but if Steve Waugh, Brian Lara, and Sachin Tendulkar are anything to go on (they all used MRF bats previously), you have to be a fair player to use them.
Good luck anyway!

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Like Roo said your graphics look good.
Maybe just look to write a bit more, e.g. who to watch out for, or write a bit on the lesser known players (to non-Indian fans).

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
As Roo said, graphics are really good mate, looking nice.
Also there are too many players in the squad, a young and inexperienced squad.
It's an exciting squad, let's see how India wil perform after Tendulkar, Laxy etc.

arjind

International Coach
Thanks for your encouragement, I agree a bit on the small side as writing is concerned, but that will hopefully be improved.
Also, in reference to squad size, unfortunately in AC09, it's a 23-man squad.
Who knows why?

arjind

International Coach
Interview.jpg

Both the captains have a similar role for their team and both can be considered to be amongst the best left handed openers in the modern game. They will not only have to be solid as captains with a solid mind whilst fielding, they need to have a solid mind whilst batting to form a good basis for the rest of the batsmen.

Here's a comparison of these two extraordinary players' records:

AS.jpg

GG.jpg

David Gower caught up with both captains in an exclusive interview recently after the Indians landed in England.​

DG: So, Gautam, how are you finding life as captain of the side?

GG: It's different, you know, the less experienced players look up to you quite a bit but the other more experienced guys like Raina and Kohli have helped out loads. Mainly though, everyone is on an equal level making it easier for us to approach one another.

DG: Andrew, do you see this series as an easy one?

AS: Not particularly. I think it will be easier than if it the squad had included the legends like Tendulkar, VVS and Dravid but the talent in this squad is immense, these guys are legends in the making but, as always, we will go out looking for a series victory.

DG: What about the conditions surrounding the first test, do you feel more should be done?

AS: Well, you can't control the weather, the ground has flooded from persistent rain and any play looks highly unlikely. It was a good decision to add the fourth test in to compensate and we will all probably travel down to Loughborough to get some net practice in ahead of the second test.

GG: Hmm, I agree, I'm sure the ground staff will do the best they can but playing in those sorts of conditions is just dangerous. It has kind of played in to our advantage though as both myself and Raina have injury niggles so fingers crossed we are OK for the second game.

DG: Coming onto the matter of the second game, down in Cardiff, we have been told that due to weather the groundsman couldn't prepare the pitch and therefore a well used practice pitch could be used. Any way this affects the team?

AS: Well we may choose the 1 seamer 2 spinners, 2 bowling all rounders set up, but we shall have to wait and see.

GG: These decisions will have to be made on the day or the night before but there may be a case for two spinners.

DG: Thanks, I'll let you guys get back to preparation.

Last edited:

harrisb

International Coach
My money is on England to win the series, any idea how many Tests/One-Dayers/T20's you'll play while on tour.

arjind

International Coach
My money is on England to win the series, any idea how many Tests/One-Dayers/T20's you'll play while on tour.

More news will come through about the flooded ground at Headingly which has caused a fourth test to be added to the schedule

T20/ODIs will be announced halfway through the tour

Roofrom50

International Coach
I think Andrew Strauss certainly has the more experience as Captain. And he has been around a long time as a player, so i think he's captaincy will out do Gambhir's. England to win this series, if their is a test series.. might be all washed out

Dutchmen

Club Captain
Gambhir has got such a useful part but you can't effect too much from other players as they look unbelievable. There are slightly different skills and probably needs a bit of added experience.

arjind

International Coach
Cardiff Test 2 - Toss​

Due to the near torrential rain in Leeds, no play was possible as the outfield was saturated with water and began to flood. Ian Botham caught up with both captains for the toss and to inspect the pitch:

IB: Well this pitch is a disaster, a well used practice pitch, something you would find on day 4 or 5 in the sub-continent however there are tinges of green which will entice initial seam and swing. Tough decision upon winning the toss, the temptation being to bowl but be warned that means batting last on this pitch which is not a positive prospect.

[The Coin is Tossed]

AS: Heads

IB: Heads it is. Andrew, what are you going to do?

AS: We'll Have a bowl, if we can get them early, I'm sure we could get a commanding position and go on to win.

IB: Even with a clear sky overhead and virtually no breeze?

AS: Yeah, we can handle these conditions quite well and whatever you choose on this pitch it's going to be a risk.

IB: Gautam, how do you feel about batting first?

GG: Well, to be honest it's a great toss to lose. Look down, bowl, look up, bat. And then the factor of batting last. It would have been a hard decision to make and relieved I didn't have to make it

IB: OK, thanks. the news from the middle is that England have won the toss and their captain Andrew Strauss has decided to put India in to bat first.

Team News:

Teams.jpg

Well a few surprises, Luke Wright takes place of the now retired from Test Cricket, Paul Collingwood and Graham Onions makes a return, probably due to the green on the pitch. No two spinners for England clearly shows they have intentions of pitching it up there and letting the pitch do the work.

For India, 5 bowlers, including the two spinners, I would have thought that part-timers Raina and Sharma would have made up the 5th bowler and 2nd spinner. Also no Karthik (due to slight strain in his back) and Uthappa as keeper. Don't really know what to expect from this India team as there is a huge lack of experience.​

Users who are viewing this thread