• World XI

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Difficult to guess!

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

taimurasad

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great news :happy :happy for all Pakistanis & Indians. I just heard this news from a news channel that the Government of Pakistan & India has confirmed that a series would be played in USA (i dont exactly remember in which city) which would comprise of Pakistani & indian players in one team against World XI. This series is expected to be played from 16th June 2005.

Start making ur IndoPak XI !!!!!!!!

Ste

Executive member
New Delhi: Virender Sehwag, Anil Kumble, Mohammad Sami and Shahid Afridi will come together to take on a World XI for a three-match series in Houston as part of the bid to popularise the game in the United States.

An endeavour of the Cricket World International to take cricket to "its new home", Houston will host three matches on June 16, 18 and 19, organisers said here on Monday.

Among the Indians, Sehwag, Kumble, Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh and Irfan Pathan have confirmed their participation, while from Pakistan, former vice-captain Yousuf Youhana, incumbent Younis Khan, former captain Rashid Latif, Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Sami and Shoaib Malik are certain to play, claimed the organisers.

"Talks are on with Sachin Tendulkar, Inzamam-ul Haq, Shoaib Akhtar also," Hasan Jalil, the man behind the idea, told reporters.
The World XI will include the West Indian duo of Ricardo Powell and Wavel Hinds, Sri Lankans Mahela Jayawardane and Chaminda Vaas, Kiwis Nathan Astle and Chris Harris, Zimbabwean Heath Streak, retired South African Jonty Rhodes and his compatriot Jacques Kallis, Australian Michael Bevan, John Davison (Canada) and Steve Massiah (USA).

From http://sify.com/sports/cricket/fullstory.php?id=13720798

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Is this for real? I mean is there another credible website that can verify this? I have yet to see anything about the series on cricinfo. It would make sense though seeing as how most teams will be on break around that time anyway.

If this is true then all I can say is this:

TIME TO TAKE A TRIP DOWN SOUTH!!!! YEE-HAW!!

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Would have been better to play this series at Woodley Field in Los Angeles, or Lauderhill in Florida, where they have quality grass wickets.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
andrew_nixon said:
Would have been better to play this series at Woodley Field in Los Angeles, or Lauderhill in Florida, where they have quality grass wickets.
But from what I've heard, there's a bigger thirst for cricket in Houston i.e, more Pakistanis and Indians. I think they should've maybe held the matches throughout the US instead of having it all in just one city.

taimurasad

Club Cricketer
nightprowler10 said:
Is this for real? I mean is there another credible website that can verify this? I have yet to see anything about the series on cricinfo. It would make sense though seeing as how most teams will be on break around that time anyway.

If this is true then all I can say is this:

TIME TO TAKE A TRIP DOWN SOUTH!!!! YEE-HAW!!

It's true yaar. I saw it on tv. Pakistani foreign minister with his Indian counterpart confirmed it.

voldemort

International Coach
Sure these two are good teams And if combined togeather They can prove to be a threat.

P.S: I formulated a theory to why Indians and Pakistanians were made enemies. Britain in 1947 probably thought that India and Pakistan have superb capabilities and probably forsaw that they will have good players, So they Made us both enemies to Make our teams weaker. That is why Australia and England still remain as the best team. And if we unite :) We can beat them.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
If the peace talks go well, maybe in 20 years we might unite :)

But if there was a team with Tendulkar, Inzamam, Afridi, Sehwag, Malik, Youhana, Harbhajan, Kumble, Sami, Rana, Y.Khan, MS Dhoni, Razzaq, Ganguly, Akhtar, Laxman, Kaneria and last but not least Z.Khan, the world better watch out...
It would be wonderful....Sami and Zaheer sharing the new ball, Sehwag and Afridi opening, Tendulkar, Inzamam and Younis in the middle order, Kaneria, Kumble and Harbhajan bowling on dustbowls, Malik and Dhoni at three, wow...

vibs89

School Cricketer
Here is the cricket ground where its playing in Houstan.

Attachments

• ground.jpg
    ground.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 98

sami007

Club Cricketer
dude i live in Houston...theres no ground like that anywhere. i went to a double wicket comp. in the astrodome a couple of years back, the wasim akram and shahid afridi team won. it was amazing...shahid actually smacked a guy in the nose with a ball in the stands....hehehe it was CRAZY. im excited, should be fun!

Users who are viewing this thread