Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Difficult to guess!

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

DeLonge182

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
sami007 said:
aw cmon man...why are you bitter? just think abuot afridi and sehwag to open, sachin,dravid,inzi, youhana to follow? pathan and sami/akhtar to share the new ball? are you seriously saying they have NO chance to beat Aus or any team for that matter!?

Aus beat india away and pak at home.....................i dont see how 2 lesser cricketing nations to AUS can beat a side consisting of all of the worlds best miinus a few players..

Lara, Ponting, Kallis, Gilchrist, McGrath, Pollock, Strauss, Warne, harmison, Martyn......hell theres toooooooooooo many players to choose from.

Oh big deal pathan with sami/akhtar with the new ball or you can have McGrath and pollock............two bowlers in a different class to pathan with sami/akhtar. I really dont know what your getting so excited about. Its basicly the tsunami match is it not...................no eng or SA players were playing and you still got hammered.

Com on mate...................why are you so dilerious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
afridi37 said:
I DID IT ON PURPOSE SO U CAN ACTUALLY BE BOTHERD 2 READ IT AND ANSWER BACK.
In that case you may want to have a look at the forum rules... in particular this one.....

10) No All Caps: Don't post a whole reply/thread in all capital letters. This is shouting on the Internet and isn't considered very polite.
So any of your posts that are all in caps from now on will be deleted no matter what the content.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Newspiece from Cricinfo

For all those who were wondering about the validity of news (myself including) about the news story in the first post of the thread, here is what Cricinfo has to say about it:

USA to stage Asia v Rest of the World

Deb K Das

April 20, 2005

It is being claimed that a three-match Asia v Rest of the World series will be played at Houston between June 16 and 19. The venue, the Houston Astrodome in Texas, is a home of baseball in the USA. The series, which consists of two 45-over games and a final 50-over match, was announced at a press conference in New Delhi by an organisation called Cricket World International (CWI).

In an open letter to the organisers, Ehsan Mani, the ICC?s president, was reported as stating that it was ?the right time for the USA to become a major participant in international cricket.? He continued: ?This region represents a virtually untapped source of future players, supporters and commercial partners. The ICC?s aim is for cricket to become one of the great and much-loved sports of the Americas in the years to come.?

CWI staged the World Double-wicket Championships at the Houston Astrodome three years ago, before that event was switched to the Caribbean. Subsequently CWI was eclipsed locally by Project USA and ProCricket, and seems to have turned its attention elsewhere.

At the press conference, CWI announced that Virender Sehwag, Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Irfan Pathan, Mohammad Sami, and Shahid Afridi were already committed to play for the Asia XI in Houston. Former Pakistan vice-captain Yousuf Youhana, incumbent Younis Khan, former captain Rashid Latif, and Shoaib Malik are also set to play. "Talks are on with Sachin Tendulkar, Inzamam-ul Haq, and Shoaib Akhtar also," Hasan Jalil, representing CWI, told reporters.

The World XI will include the West Indian duo of Ricardo Powell and Wavell Hinds, Mahela Jayawardane and Chaminda Vaas from Sri Lanka, New Zealanders Nathan Astle and Chris Harris, retired South African Jonty Rhodes and his compatriot Jacques Kallis, as well as Michael Bevan (Australia), Heath Streak (Zimbabwe), John Davison (Canada) and Steve Massiah (USA).

In the presence of Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad, Pakistan?s information and broadcasting minister, who nodded in confirmation, Jalil said, "We have obtained no objection certificates from the cricket boards of India and Pakistan.? But Cricinfo contacted the Indian board who told us that it knew nothing about the proposed venture.

And the names on the list of those the organisers claim will be playing also raises questions over how credible this venture might be as Streak and Harbhajan are committed to playing county cricket. There is also the fact that the MCC's Tsunami match against a Rest of the World side at Lord's is scheduled for June 14.

? Cricinfo

So this is still not for certain, but I'm excited anyway. One thing about this newspiece is that it hints at the series being Asian XI vs World XI, instead of IndoPak XI vs World XI.

taimurasad

Club Cricketer
nightprowler10 said:
The World XI will include the West Indian duo of Ricardo Powell and Wavell Hinds, Mahela Jayawardane and Chaminda Vaas from Sri Lanka, New Zealanders Nathan Astle and Chris Harris, retired South African Jonty Rhodes and his compatriot Jacques Kallis, as well as Michael Bevan (Australia), Heath Streak (Zimbabwe), John Davison (Canada) and Steve Massiah (USA).

If its ASIA XI vs World XI then how come SriLankan players r in World XI??? :rolleyes:

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
taimurasad said:
If its ASIA XI vs World XI then how come SriLankan players r in World XI??? :rolleyes:
Here's the heading for the article:

USA to stage Asia v Rest of the World?

And passages of the article say:
Virender Sehwag, Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Irfan Pathan, Mohammad Sami, and Shahid Afridi were already committed to play for the Asia XI in Houston.

Cricinfo is contradicting itself. Unless they don't consider Sri Lanka to be part of Asia. :p

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think it is a mistake as it is probably supposed to be Indo Pak XI. As for India and Pakistan being lesser cricketing nations than Australia--they are. But that doesn't mean the combined force is also less than Australia. A simple mathematical proof follows:

Australia (index) = 10
India (indexed) = 6
Pakistan (indexed) = 8
8 + 6 > 10 ?
14 > 10

Okay I was just being silly, as cricket is not played in numbers. But your comments are totally ignorant because such a proposition has not taken place thus you have no basis to judge the result of the games. Secondly, the Aussies are far from unbeatable in the ODI version. Their luck on the day may be the cause of their downfall. ODI cricket doesn't look at reputations or past performance--anyone can hit it big. Look at Dhoni's 148. It just takes one key performance to win a game.

What I really want to see is the combining of the Indian and Pakistani domestic leagues. This would allow both countries to develop tremendously. Pakistan's bowling is very strong domestically while India's batting is very strong. The exposure against quality batting and bowling will only better the level of cricket. But this is just wishful thinking, eh?

sami007

Club Cricketer
wow that is a great idea, they should atleast have the 2 champions from each country face off in an annual end of season match. hopefully one day something like this can happen

nik

International Cricketer
now this is really confusing me! is this a indopak or asia v world? which is true?!
It is being claimed that a three-match Asia v Rest of the World series....
arrgh! lol, i could tear my brain out

sami007

Club Cricketer
yea but rmr...if indo pak was a merged team, we would miss out on (proven...just look at this past series) MUCH more than what we might have (theoretically)

DeLonge182

Club Cricketer
well, ive seen the dates for the series or whatever you want to call it.................anyway, as its in june, i cant see how any ENG or AUS players can play. Which kind of sucks a bit.

the asia side will probobly win now!!!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Maybe some of the Aussie fringe players will be able to make it to the team. Then we will see how good they really are.

Users who are viewing this thread