Info about stroke enhancements

Ben

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,
Here is some stuff I've worked out about the .atr files :
Firstly this is what each file corresponds to each different shot: All files have a-cc in front of them.

17c Forward Defence1
18 Forward Defence2
19 Backfoot Defence
20 Backfoot Defence(avoiding ball with 1 hand on bat)
21 Cover drive(slashing shot)
22 Cover Drive(Straight bat)
23b 6-Hit Straight drive
24 Normal straight-drive
25 6-Hit on-Drive
26 Normal on-drive
27 6-Hit sweep over mid-wicket
28 Backfoot on-Drive
29b Paddle sweep
30 Normal sweep
31 Pull
32 Hook1
33 Hook2(Ducking into the shot)
34a Square Drive
35 Sq. Cut
36 Cut(rare shot -usually played by CPU)
37 Front-foot Leg-Glance
38 Normal Leg-Glance
39 Backfoot Leg-glance(Jumping back)
53 Normal on-Drive(Not sure the difference from other)
61 Mid-wicket Heave(6-Hit shot 6+ctrl)
66 Leg Glance

I think that is right.

inside each file is this text: here is the Square Cut:

StrokeAttr

Type Aggressive(maybe for more defensive CPU batting we could change some Moderate shots to Aggressive)
Faceing 264437760(Don't know what this means)
Difficulty 33216 Reward 65536
Difficulty6 43456 Reward6 65536(I think shots are graded by difficullty - I don't know what reward means)
Difficulty3 0 Reward3 0(I think the 3 is for the CMBRLARA cheat)
EdgeProb 0 EdgeProb6 5184 EdgeProb3 0(How likely the CPU is to edge Normal or 6-Hit)
BowlerTypes 15(The type of bowler the CPU plays each shot off - 15 is all types,9 is fast and swing,1 is fast only,6 is spin only)
StumpPosition 1(The stump position that the CPU will play each shot off - I think 1 means outside off,0 means outside leg,3 means all round the wicket,I'm not sure about 2)
BatsmanPosition 0(Not sure about this)
PitchPosition 0(The length of the ball - don't know what each number means)
Name NoName Variation NoName

Then there are five stages in the shot:
Mode Normal KeyFrame 0
Frame 31
Vertical 107347968(How high he hits it)
Direction 45481984(Direction for perfectly timed shot) Range 9502720(General area of the shot - I'm not sure what number equals what in vertical,direction,range;but I'm sure we could with some experimenting)
Power 815104(How hard the shot is hit) Range 435200(Don't know why range appears again)

Mode Normal KeyFrame 1
Frame 32
Vertical 120979456
Direction 48889856 Range 9371648
Power 1343488 Range 453632

I know a lot of the stuff is obvious - maybe someone else knows more about it(maybe Shailesh).

Also I can't workout how I changed the late cut...
I could change the direction,but I don't know whether that would be any good,as it would have to go almost square to beat the wicket-keeper.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
Ben
this is an excellent post. Please expand though on what you mean, when you said

Type Aggressive(maybe for more defensive CPU batting we could change some Moderate shots to Aggressive)

Does this mean we can stop the cpu batsmen slogging at every ball at the end of an one day innings ??

J

jonah

Good work, Ben.
The more we can find out about the strokeplay, the more improvements/adjustments we can make, so making the game even better.

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
Ben - You have done good research.

In addition, this is what I think:

1. Type Aggressive/Moderate/Defensive - could it be the batsman type?

2. Mode :
Normal - means stroke played with 'enter' key
6Hit - means stroke played with 6hit/'ctrl.' key
Special - not sure what this is..some cheat may be?

3. a-Cc026 file only has 'Mode Normal' values. Not sure why.

Ben

Club Cricketer
I think the type refers to what type of shot the batsman want to plays - so if the computer decides to play an aggressive shot it picks 1 from the files; that is what I meant about changing a moderate shot like,say,the normal cover drive to aggressive so when the CPU picks an aggressive shot it would pick the cover drive sometimes.
I think the special mode is for the CMBRLARA cheat.
I'm not sure why number 26 only has mode normal - perhaps another mistake?
Another interesting thing I did was to change all bowler types to 6(which means the cpu only plays off spin bowlers) in each file except the paddle sweep; and when I put on the fast bowler that was the only shot the batsman played!
So maybe that is another way to cut down on the CPU run rate - limit some shots to only some bowlers.
Say a particularily productive shot like the leg glance,u could change that to spin only so the batsman would have to choose another shot to play off the fast bowlers.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
Ben
I think you have made a massive breakthrough here.
I hated the way the cpu always plays the slashing cover drive at the end of the innings to anything pitched out side off stump for fast bowlers.
So I changed the bowler type for this shot to 6 (spinner only), and now the cpu plays a variety of shots instead.
Its also great the way you can change the height of the shots and the power.

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
Ben and all,

If we can limit the shots and change shot types, I think now we can enhance the game even more. What about posting the ideas here about what changes we should make to current shots, cpu batting etc.
then may be we can work together and release another patch.

Ben

Club Cricketer
Unfortunately I can't make an editor,as I don't know how to do 1.
Perhaps someone else knows?
I'm looking at the moment exactly what batsman pos,stump pos,pitch pos configurations exactly mean.
Cause there are some shots that u never are really able to play eg.pull and that cut shot that the CPU plays often even to good length balls. I think maybe if we changed the pitch and stump positions we could play these shots more often.

J

jonah

Shailesh,
Good idea.
For starters, one of the most used shots in one day cricket, the late cut, is not strong enough against fast bowlers in BLC. If timed correctly, the ball should travel down to third man.

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
All right guys. I'm testing a 'enhanced' late cut right now. those who want to try can send me a mail at [email protected] so that you can get it quickly (sometime today!). It's a small update anyway.

(Edited by Shailesh at 4:18 pm on July 27, 2001)

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
Mario - It will improve the late cut so that there will be less edges and more boundries. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread