Info on ads

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
its a big pdf file and took me two minutes to download on my broadband connection

the actual dollar amount profit for 2002 was 101.5 million

P

Paki Lover

I was stupid to make a point of why would EA be in Business when they make less than 5% profit. But when you are dealing with Billion Dollar Business Empire like EA then 5% can be a **** load of money.

Andrew I finally got to see that PDF file, they have a lot of good info in there. They made over $101 Million Dollars in Profit. Lets say EA has about 25 games which means they made about $5 Million Profit on Each Game Avg. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: like that point Andrew.

In the Report is also said that 73% of their Sales were from US which means only 27% from Outside of US. Then you count how many games are popular outside of US then FIFA and other EA Games come to mind not EA Sports games. So basically EA doesn't make a lot of profit from Cricket. Profit could have been under $1 Million. Now If other compaines come in and Start make Cricket games then I say EA would leave Cricket and focus on other games because there is not a lot of money to be made in Cricket games. What do you guys think about that?

P

Paki Lover

Another Point

I was reading bsmit007 PDF file on Cricket 2002 sales and EA said they sold about 155000 Copies of Cricket. And On Avg Lets say the game sold for about $25 USD and then taking away about 94% for Fees and Salaries and othey good stuff. The Profit only comes out to be around $200,000. So for Billion Dollar Company I think that's nothing.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Number of games -

16 PC
5 Playstation
18 Playstation 2
10 X Box
5 Game Cube
3 Game Boy Advance
3 Game boy Color
1 Nintendo 64

so thats 61 games, a bit more than 25 :D

Also in that year The Sims alone sold SIX MILLION copies on the PC worldwide, figures like that will seriously skew the average profit per game, if you take The Sims out of the equation, the average profit per title will be greatly reduced

Also just because their revenue is a billion dollars, doesn't mean they're worth a billion dollars. A companies value is basically the amount you'd have to pay to buy every single share in the company.

P

Paki Lover

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Apr 16 2003, 03:51 AM
Number of games -

16 PC
5 Playstation
18 Playstation 2
10 X Box
5 Game Cube
3 Game Boy Advance
3 Game boy Color
1 Nintendo 64

so thats 61 games, a bit more than 25 :D
You are really Killing me Andrew.

Madden and any other games are out on PS, PS2, PC, and so on. So does that count as 1 Game of 5-6 Games??

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
ok, so i'm a little wrong there, thats not 61 games

It is however 61 separate titles.... EA consider each version of a game to be a separate release and split their financial info according to platform.

When working out averages you do (usually) ignore any excessively high or low values (i.e The Sims and Cricket 2002 in this case) so your average profit per game guess, is a little innaccurate

EA certianly would ignore The Sims when working out any stats cos it would skew the figures so much, they'd give a false impression

P

Paki Lover

We proved each other wrong but what are we reallying try to prove to each other anyways? Because in reading all these numbers and trying to defend each post i lost what I was trying to Prove. And I got you good on that 61 Games thing.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
yeah you got me good, but I'm tired and not paying attention :D

i think what we've proved is that hardly anyone knows anything about business and that you can use statistics to prove anything.

A little quote for you to end this (for now)

53.8464% of statistics are made up
29.6524% of people know that

:D :D

P

Paki Lover

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Apr 16 2003, 04:29 AM
A little quote for you to end this (for now)

53.8464% of statistics are made up
29.6524% of people know that

:D :D
That's a KnockOut Punch Right there People.
Here is the Reason why it knocked me out cold.

53.8464% of Stats are made up. How the heck do we know that the stat Andrew said is not made up?
29.6524% of people know that. Am I in the 24% that knows that Andrews stats are false??

Do you guys get what I am saying? Because I am totally lost now. mooo! You Andrew for messing with my Head.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Its a joke from the English Comedian Vic Reeves. He changes the figures every time he says it.

So yes they're both made up. But not my others :D

Users who are viewing this thread