Intel Chipset Probs (Petition)

Originally posted by wasim_akram@Dec 20 2003, 07:20 AM
WILL CRICKET 2004 WILL WORK OR I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER CARD. I DO HAVE AGP CARD SLOT BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO INSTALL IN MOTHER BOARD? AND HOW I WILL DISABLE THE INTEL ONE.? PLZ HELP ME ON THIS.?
Cricket 2004 will not work with your current setup.

If you can't install an AGP card, then you need serious help. It's one of the easiest things in the world.

You won't need to disable your on board graphics chip, the motherboard will detect that a graphics card has been put in the AGP slot. Just make sure you install the driver that comes on the CD.

ANDREW
U ARE A GR8 GUY
THNKZ FOR THE HELP U PROVIDED for everyone o behalf of everybody
What kind of software is 3D ANALYZE
SOMEONEE SAID cc2k4 got started on INTEL CHIPSET WITH THAT
BYE
ADI

You will have to install an AGP card or get a new card because as I said, the game does not work with any 3dfx chipsets and all the ppl who are using a 3dfx chipset are having trouble with the game.

It also says in the Cricket2004 readme in the troubleshoooting 3D cards section.

WE NEED TO GIVE A SEVERE BEATNG TO EA SPORTS AND HB STUDIOS FOR MALING IT NON COMPATIBLE WITH INTEL HIPSETS
THE MOST WIDELY USED ONES IN THE WORLD

Me and that narcist guy sent HB Studios an email about the game a day or two ago but I don think they care bout only one or two people so if u wanna make it count, every one will have to email them at [email protected].

Thanx

Originally posted by adi123@Dec 20 2003, 05:35 PM
WE NEED TO GIVE A SEVERE BEATNG TO EA SPORTS AND HB STUDIOS FOR MALING IT NON COMPATIBLE WITH INTEL HIPSETS
Why should they make it compatible with everything?

If they make it compatible with low-end systems then people with top-end systems would get a game that looks crap.

What kind of software is 3D ANALYZE
SOMEONEE SAID cc2k4 got started on INTEL CHIPSET WITH THAT
BYE
ADI

I said u can get through till the menus and option selection using 3DAnalyse,but game doesnt start.
Narcist did that trick for u ??

Tru dat.

Just buy a 32 MB Vcard if u wanna save money but if u want the best i suggest an ATI Radeon or a Geforce FX 5200 becoz in the c2k4 rule book it says they have the best support on cricket 2004.

yea man...sure does work...shd say the menus look simple and nice! all those game modes make me drool...i really cant wait to play. but pooh, am so fekkin pissed to say the least!!!

thanks anyways pat, for ur help!

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79+Dec 20 2003, 11:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andrew_nixon79 @ Dec 20 2003, 11:23 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-adi123
@Dec 20 2003, 05:35 PM
Why should they make it compatible with everything?

If they make it compatible with low-end systems then people with top-end systems would get a game that looks crap. [/b]
not necessary...in BLC we had a software mode aswell for ppl with lo-end systems. I call for a patch makin sure an exe lik that supports Intel chipsets aswell.

Even tho I wan there to be a patch for the Intel chipset users in da world. I dun really think HB studios wud waste their time on making such a thing. Becoz there are millions of Intel chipset users that haven't even got the game. Only a minorty of them are complaining!

i am e-mailing EA SPORT AUSTRALIA for help they never said chipsets doesn't work for cricket 2004

Actually thats the prob. (they did say that) if you view the readme file for Cricket 2004 it says no 3dfx chipsets are supported because they do not have support with Direct X libraries 8 or higher and Cricket 2004 needs 8.1 or preferably DX9.

Most of the time I'm surprised at the fact that ppl still use PCI cards more than AGP because they are cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread