International Cricket 2010 Bugs Thread

wendalboy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
how about when a fielder is chasing the ball and when he is like 5m behind it appears in his hand!!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
IC2010 Bugs Thread

Surprisingly no one's posted a general bugs thread, so lets use this one to mention bugs that aren't big enough for a whole thread but should be mentioned.

To kick off, had this happen to me yesterday, ball hit the stumps, bail goes up slightly, falls back down and sits still. I get given out. Now I'm fairly certain the bail has to fall to get out in cricket.

Awful cameraphone video attached, didn't have enough time to get my camcorder out (being able to control replays would be a nice new feature).

Attachments

• 27062010.zip
    468.7 KB · Views: 39

manee

Chairman of Selectors
The second bug being that it has bloody nailed the stumps and the bail didn't come off. I played Ashes Cricket 2009 and IC 2010 at my friends house a few days ago and although two player in both games is very fun, a problem lies with the obvious preference to full and straight bowling. An out of nick batsman will miss a front foot block to a ball that doesn't move, a batsman can be LBW, caught and bowled or bowled. Short balls and short of a length balls really are, regardless of speed, absolute fodder to smash - this is something that could perhaps be corrected.

I only played a few T20 and T10 matches in each of the games, but this is something I did notice.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Now a General Warning is needed for you Matt for not using the search feature :p

woodzy

Club Cricketer
I dont know if anyones experienced this...but sometimes while the first ball of the match is being bowled...a fielder is standing on the pitch...its more animation related than anything

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Only played the game for just over an hour and already found that bug that goes way back to RPIC05 where you an uppercut spinners over third man for six. It's ridiculously unrealistic and makes the game really annoying. They can also hit back foot shots for six down the ground and to backward point. Please show me when someone has ever done this in real life.

Also, when they show the two batsmen in the middle of the pitch, it doesn't matter whether they're left or right handed, but they always practice right handed.

csnbharathi

School Cricketer
WOW!

I was having fun with a 50 over ODI and playing some realistic shots on the off side, the AI changed the field to a dominant off side with a huge gap between mid on and square leg.

I was bowled a bouncer, I could not resist the lofted shot (IT was so juicy with the open field). The ball was a on the off stump and i was on the default guard position. I tried a back foot hook shot, the animation was astonishing.

The batsman went for an upper cut towards the 3rd man (The bat and the animation shows that clearly), but the ball somehow went to the square leg for a six (this is where i was trying to hook)

Did anyone else run into this, I could not get to reproduce it again, DANG I should have recorded it.

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Weirdest Bug.. LMAO

What happened I was into a 5 over game with some guy on XBOX Live, I had selected England but when the captains were out for the toss it showed me as Bermuda so I thought by mistake I might have selected Bermuda, when I started batting I noticed that it had the English batting lineup. I laughed and even my opponent was laughing.

I guess this bug is weird enough to win a thread of its own but if mods don't think its appropriate to creat a thread for this then I have no objection if this thread is closed.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Had the game crash on me today. I'd just won a 3 test series, getting two achievements in the end, the one for defeating a team in 10 overs or less, and the one for being a test series champion. Mashed A to get through the celebrations and on to the final scorecard (which I wanted to post up here), and then it hung. Sound is still working, the crowd and the music I was playing was still going, but nothing else was, the screen was stuck, the xbox menu wouldn't open, the game wouldn't accept any button presses at all. Only ejecting the disc got me control back, and the xbox guide popped up immediately on a black screen before the dashboard loaded up again.

Annoying :yes. The only thing more annoying than that is an xbox disc error.

shamey

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
guys did any 1 notice the wrong shot selection bug to the balls which are on full lenght?my batsman plays a pull shot instead of an on drive.im sure this is a bug.codies must fix it through a patch or else this game will be just another game & ever1 will feel cheated.codies must listen to us

Top Score

School Cricketer
I came across a bug, pretty bad one actually which should of been picked up in testing. I started a Champions Cup campaign, 50 overs per side as Australia. The first game was completed over a couple of days and then when I went to play the second game the overs were reduced to 5 overs per side like WTF. I mean if you can't save a tournament and have the correct settings carry on throughout whats the point in playing?

Users who are viewing this thread