Story IPL vs ICL - First Game To Start Soon - Taking Guard Show Updated

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Coming Soon - IPL vs ICL

icllogowh4.jpg
bccico3.jpg

History:
ICL was formed last year when Zee failed to get BCCIs TV rights. The BCCI was not going to take this laying down and banned the ICL players and administrators from holding any official holdings in national cricket affairs. Soon ICC also got involved and imposed restrictions on all players and administrators joining ICL.

In meantime India won inaugural T20 world cup when nobody even gave them chance of advancing to second round. With mass hysteria that followed T20 world cup in India BCCI took notice and launched IPL to counter the ICL threat.

February 2008 saw players being auctioned and MS Dhoni and Andrew Symonds came out as huge beneficiaries in that. In meantime players from different countries also kept signing for ICL making two powerful blocks in world cricket.

Historical Meeting:
After one years of running, the administrators of both sides met to discuss the future of cricket. ICL was represented by Kapil Dev and Tony Greig while IPL was represented by Lalit Modi and Ravi Shastri. The two sides agreed to end fighting between them and disclosed that they will soon be coming out with a tournament featuring the best players from both leagues.

Tournament:
The first tournament will be a 20-20 tournament to be called 20-20 Champions Trophy. This tournament will feature seven games in NBA style home and away ties. ICL will have home ground in South Indian city Hyderabad and IPL will have home ground in North Indian city Mohali. IPL has been given home status in this tournament and they will host first two games which will then be followed by three games at Hyderabad. If required the next two games will be played in Mohali.

The sides and support staff will be announced soon. Stay tuned to PC TV for all the latest news and bites followed by full coverage of the event.

Last edited:

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is a great start Sid. The detail and presentation are great!

Great works mate.
Looking forward to this story. :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Nice to see you in story forums with a story :) All the very best with this. Already a cracking start. Looking forward to it. :thumbs

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Thats a great start to the story! Will definitely be an awesome story!

Nice start! Should be an awesome competition!

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
This is going to be HUGE can't wait.

This is a great start Sid. The detail and presentation are great!

Great works mate.
Looking forward to this story. :)

Nice to see you in story forums with a story :) All the very best with this. Already a cracking start. Looking forward to it. :thumbs

cannot wait this sounds great!

This story has a great concept. Hopefully you can make this a huge sucess. Good luck and great start :)

awesome start cannot wait (wat game?)

Thats a great start to the story! Will definitely be an awesome story!

Nice start! Should be an awesome competition!

Thak You guys for your support. hopefully you will all love this story. I will try to bring things never seen before.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Will this be made up or will you be playing it on a game and posting in-game screenshots? I would love to see the latter. Looking forward to this!

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Squads will be announced tonight as selection panels on both sides are meeting right now along with Captains. There will be a surprise for everyone here too.

Will this be made up or will you be playing it on a game and posting in-game screenshots? I would love to see the latter. Looking forward to this!

yea thats what i want to know

Actually not decided yet. I have sold my Cricket 07 to a kid and dont have any other version either. I dont like Sims as I would like to play all teams to their potential. Right now Im concentrating more on script so that everyone can enjoy the experience.

In meantime I will get some game to post screenshots of game as well. It wont be fictional work that I can assure.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
The Squads

The 16 man squads for the inaugral 20-20 Champions Trophy was announced today at Mumbai the headquaters of Indian Cricket. Both parties agreed that selection of the squad was very tough decisions considering the pool of players these leagues have. For IPL which has more of the young and active players contracted the prefrence went for young players, players who provided multiskills and were successful in T20 World Cup held in South Africa.

logo2020bb9.jpg

The IPL Squad:

Chris Gayle
Herschelle Gibbs
Gautam Gambhir
Yuvraj Singh (Vice Captain)
MS Dhoni (WK)
Adam Gilchrist (WK)
Andrew Symonds
Shahid Afridi
Shoaib Malik
Albie Morkel
Irfan Pathan
Bret Lee
Dale Steyn
Ishant Sharma
Shane Warne (Captain)
Daniel Vettori

Coach: Jhon Buchanan
Home Ground: PCA Stadium Mohali

ICL on the other hand had more of the Indian domestic player and retired International players contracted. Since the ICL has got official recognition now they went ahead and signed some active players and most of them were from England since they had not signed on with IPL. Also Australian players who did not signed with IPL agreed to be part of the league. Just like IPL, they also placed faith in young stars for the selection.

The ICL Squad:

Lou Vincent
Michael Clarke (Vice Captain)
Kevin Pietersen
Paul Collingwood (Captain)
Mohammad Yousuf
Brad Haddin (WK)
Shane Watson
James Hopes
Abdul Razzaq
Craig McMillan
Andrew Flintoff
Mornie Morkel
Mitchell Jhonson
Shane Bond
Mohammad Sami
Saqlain Mushtaq

Coach: Michael Beaven
Home Ground: Mayajaal Chennai

Some of notable stars will not be featuring in this 20-20 Champions Trophy and the names include Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky ponting and Jacque Kallis for IPL and Brian Lara, Damien Martyn and Inzammam Ul Haq for ICL. Both the sides agreed that since 20-20 involves players to be sharp and active for short durations the younger and more fitter players were ideal for this kind of game. The greats of game will have more of role in the longer versions of game.

Following are the Captains comments:

warniefr5.jpg

Shane Warne, IPL: It was a very difficult decision to select the players. All the players are looking forward to the event as we have a chance of creating the history in Cricket. I am confident that we have strong side to come up trumps in this tournament.

collylz7.jpg

Paul Collingwood, ICL: I am very greatful to Kapil Dev and Tony Greig in considering me for the role to Captain a side full of such talent. I will be working with my deputy Michael Clarke in deciding our gameplans and hopefully we will win this historical event.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think the IPL will win the trophy. They have a very strong squad.

Users who are viewing this thread