IPL IPL-Women in the teams ?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
No. The IPL T20 matches will lose all relevance they hold. They will not be proper domestic T20, and a lot of the accomplishments will not mean anything as the women cricketers are of a far lower standard then men in pace bowling, batting and fielding (I guess their spinners could match up to the male counterparts). It'll be more of a spectacle than it already is and will be less proper cricket.

If a franchise thinks that a female player could compete in the IPL and could enhance their side's chances of winning, and wishes to sign them on, then that's fine I guess. But to force all franchises to have women players will just make the IPL a joke.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
LOL Are you all serious debating this? :laugh I mean I'm all for women equality and empowerment, and even Women sports, but mixing the two up doesn't seem quite right, unless of course you bring in women like Beth Phoenix in WWE (Ever looked at her muscles?).

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
:laugh :laugh i feel it will be an epic fail ........ , until now i haven't seen a stadium completely neither half filled while women's play International matches :spy

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
LOL Are you all serious debating this? :laugh I mean I'm all for women equality and empowerment, and even Women sports, but mixing the two up doesn't seem quite right, unless of course you bring in women like Beth Phoenix in WWE (Ever looked at her muscles?).

I completely concur with this post. +1

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm sure they'd be lining up for their chance to face Shaun Tait or bowl to Virender Sehwag, I bet they'd enjoy it. :sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread