Is IC10 really better than AC09?

AAAAAAAA

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm mainly concerned about the offline. Now while most have said through the discussions this game is a big improvement there have still been a few who have said the game is worse. I just want an honest opinion on the game and if it is worth buying this whilst I already have ac09. Are there any game-breaking bugs and simply is it fun?

nikos

School Cricketer
I only play offline - in AC09 I had given up after a couple of weeks due to the run-out bug and the pathetic AI. I'm still caining IC10 a few hours a day, playing test matches mainly, and I love it. There are still improvement to be made (wrong footwork bug is annoying, animations etc) and I've heard online is a nightmare, but I can't see how anyone can say the actual game of cricket it plays isn't better than Ashes. It's the most enjoyable cricket game I've ever played, and aged 28 I've played them all.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
I think the bowling is better on this, but batting/timing is better on AC09.
Obviously the AI is better, but on hard ive still bowled out england for 80 and bangladesh for 60. So its not THAT much better.

boycs

School Cricketer
I have the pc patched version of AC09. And that plays okay. Similar to the original post, is IC2010 a significant improvement over the patched version of AC09?

Thanks for your help.

D

Dutch

I am loving it! I don't have too much time to play so that stops me getting to0 used to it and therefore it becoming too easy. If you have a look at the scorecards in my story, (Click on the sig!) you will see how realsitic this game can be. Don't mean to plug my story, just letting you know.:)

superfreddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I never played the patched AC09, but IC10 is loads better for me offline. I'm absolutely loving it. But online is unplayable.

AAAAAAAA

School Cricketer
Okay, I tried the game today and all I can say is the gameplay is much better but it feels boring when I play. I just don't know what it is.

I also wish they made the animations better because the dogdey ones they have are really annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
I just dont see how your all loving it?! How are you all playing? I simply cant get used to the timing for batting on this on hard. I bowl them out to easy, and if i turn bowling hud off, then thats just far to unrealistic. 20 NB and getting smashed around all over the place.

D

Dutch

I just dont see how your all loving it?! How are you all playing? I simply cant get used to the timing for batting on this on hard. I bowl them out to easy, and if i turn bowling hud off, then thats just far to unrealistic. 20 NB and getting smashed around all over the place.

Strange. It is actually because of the bowling that I like it so much! Wonder what you are doing to get them out so easily?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
and if i turn bowling hud off, then thats just far to unrealistic. 20 NB and getting smashed around all over the place.

No offence but you currently then are not good enough to bowl well with no hud. I had these problems at first but with practise you can place the cursor fairly accurately and with the bowling execution you need to learn for each animation at what point the ball leaves the hand and press your button just prior to this :)

D

Dutch

No offence but you currently then are not good enough to bowl well with no hud. I had these problems at first but with practise you can place the cursor fairly accurately and with the bowling execution you need to learn for each animation at what point the ball leaves the hand and press your button just prior to this :)

Zim, I would be interested to know what your take is on this game, especially on the bowling side of things...how does it compare for you to Cricket 07 with your bowling patch in mind?

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
The bowling is great in ic2010 and the batting to. I would say the bowling is more improved than the batting but over all this game is a big improvement. But like i said before codemasters need to give trickstar a new engine to work with. Then if ic2012 has a new engine and sounds then if the gameplay is as good as ic2010 then we will have the best cricket game of all time. Shane warne 99 is still the best because of the year, if you play them together then ic2010 is better. But the day i got sw99 was one of them days i will remember for the rest of my life. I love ic2010 but not as much as sw99 for the day.:banana2

My top 5 cricket games and scores for the time.
1. shane warne 99, 9 out of 10
2. ic2010, 8.5 out of 10
3. ea sports cricket 2004, 7.5 out of 10
4. ashes 2009, 7 out of 10
5. ea sports cricket 2007, 6.5 out of 10

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Zim, I would be interested to know what your take is on this game, especially on the bowling side of things...how does it compare for you to Cricket 07 with your bowling patch in mind?

Bowling with HUD on I find quite boring as you can pitch it where you want without much thought

With no HUD it's quite fun as you are never 100% sure where you are going to bowl it, so good suspense until you release the ball

There are more bowling options in this game that C07 which I like

Like the reverse swing element with old ball that's not in C07

Like the free hits in this game

Like the fact there are between 2-4 light green spots to aim for in this game and sometimes hitting dark green and orange spots can lead to wickets

Don't like fact light green area for bouncers is not short enough.

Don't like in this game compared to C07 its near impossible to get leg byes and is impossible to get byes.

No situational AI in this game like C07 so CPU could be 120-7 wanting 10 to win off 10 overs and they will still play aggressive shots leading to chances :noway

Default fields generally poor in both games

No super fast fielders in in-field in this game unlike C07 making it easier for batter to hit to the outfield

So overall much prefer this game. I would just like situational AI implemented, ability to alter default fields, plus when batting with no HUD on hard, the cursor to appear a couple of seconds earlier to give you a chance to play shots without guesswork

Users who are viewing this thread