Is somebody putting a list of updates needed?

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I read somewhere in the forums that Codemasters/Swordfish might come out with an update to the game on the first day of release itself.

Is somebody putting together a list of things they want to be implemented in the updates. We can tell rubbergenius about them and he can convey it to the codies and we will see if they are able to fulfill any of these.

Obviously stuff like

1. Autoplay
2. Front/Back foot shot selection
3. Advance shot
4. Better Graphics

cannot be implemented in the patch so please do not ask such things to be included in the patch.

Form what I have played so far here are my recommendations to implemented in the patch.

1. CPU bowls a little bit faster than it does now.
2. The wides should be reasonable. I had couple of balls swinging and going wide of the width of the pictch but still not called a wide
3. The camera angles have to be tuned somewhat. Playing for long time can give you headache with existing camera angles.
4. It did not happen to me but someone said that the ball through the body of batsmen. They should try to eliminate this.
5. Some people had problems installing and running the game. Codies should retest the games and find any anomalities.
6. In third umpire situations the commentators tell the decision before the replays are shown. They should try to fix this if possible.

Please add your suggestions. Also keep in mind that this thread is not a feature wishlist for future BLIC release. It just pertains to the update patch that supposedly will be released by codies after the game is released.

Last edited:

D_C

School Cricketer
The one thing I would like is auto catching. It can get very frustrating at times.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
How about making Vaughan a better bat than Solanki, Solanki a decent bowler, making Collingwood and Powell better bowlers and fielders, making Kabir Ali a Med/Fast bowler, removing Ian Harvey and adding Hussey into Aussie lineup, and finally fix the camera angles?

rahulk666

International Cricketer
ZoraxDoom said:
How about making Vaughan a better bat than Solanki, Solanki a decent bowler, making Collingwood and Powell better bowlers and fielders, making Kabir Ali a Med/Fast bowler, removing Ian Harvey and adding Hussey into Aussie lineup, and finally fix the camera angles?
Can't you change the player attributes in the full game??

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Guys please get back to the topic. Please post any updates that you would to have after playing the demo.

Billy Grimwood

School Cricketer
Bowling metre speed range reduced e.g. Harmison 70 - 95 rather than 55 - 95. So basically make it easier to bowl balls of a half decent pace but still hard to bowl express pace. Sort out a couple of image bugs that are in the demo (out/not out signs switching and so on) Better wides, reduce amount of ball swing by a third or maybe slightly more.

An editor to sort out all the stats and squads would be nice as well.

I think the game does need work from both Codies and the editing community but the main point is that it's base gameplay isn't as flawed as Cricket 2005's.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Here's one that's easy to sort but need doing.
I noticed when I was 4 to win against Aus they put 9 men on the boundary which is illegal in ODI cricket. Of course it might just have been special 6-over rules...

Jon S

School Cricketer
barmyarmy said:
Here's one that's easy to sort but need doing.
I noticed when I was 4 to win against Aus they put 9 men on the boundary which is illegal in ODI cricket. Of course it might just have been special 6-over rules...

I think you'll find that in the option menu after you've clicked on tournament it says 'fielding restrictions :off' so in this case it is ok to have everyone on the boundary.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
yeh i would think 2 much of any issues you have with the field right now till the final version is released

rickyp

International Coach
all it needs is to be able to control the speed easier, how many spin bowlers bowl at 40kp/h? thats what my cat bowls at

Jus

School Cricketer
The wides (or lack of them) is the biggest issue for me, the CPU keeps bowling really really wide at times so you have no chance but to try and slog it else your not going to get anything onf it, but by slogging wide balls your very often caught. in a normal match you'd just leave the wide balls, but in the demo you have no choice because you know if you leave it's going to be a dot ball.

It really does make One Day Cricket seem rather poor in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread