Is the action cam over hyped and problematic?

i think action cam is ok for batting but awful for running and bowling. i play on broadcast now although like someone else said i may switch back for test matches when running is less hectic and there are less outriders.

id like to see a see-through 3rd person motion controlled batting only cricket game with kinect, move or motion plus.... lets me honest now bowling on these games is boring (but then again i dont bowl in real life)

id like to see a see-through 3rd person motion controlled batting only cricket game with kinect, move or motion plus.... lets me honest now bowling on these games is boring (but then again i dont bowl in real life)

I think your expectation are far too high.

What would you like to have seen implemented?

Will answer that in the AC09/IC 2010 thread.

Bubblyjubbly added 1 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

I think your expectation are far too high.

To be honest, I think that is the next step. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Wii have that with AC09 ? Cricket isn't a second-class sport nor should it be treated as such in digital form.

i think the acam gives a lot more depth to the game and to be honest, i have no idea in how far this depth could be increased. i really enjoy the acam

from the demos i saw at E3 i think they could manage what i suggested.

also i have just read through the last two threads i posted on, please dont tar me with the brush of the other guy just because we are the only two people who dont rate the game as being that great.

i do actually like it and think it is a (very slight) improvement over the previous one, not a step back as he said. however, even at the cheap price it was available for (25 notes at amazon) it is a bit of a rip off for a new camara angle and several small changes.

I think someone should remove the silver spoon from his mouth and stick it in his arse. I have never heard so much tripe in the 49 years I have been on this planet. It is one thing to give an opinion which is obviously welcome by those wishing to make a judgement on whether or not to purchase. It is another matter to praise oneself as he has, put out unsubstantiated accolades on himself, be vehemently racist and when questioned on it wants an argument. If that is what comes from obtaining a degree at a University he's not going to name because of identity theft (meaning he was either the only one to ever go there or one of a select few) then it seems his parents have unfortunately wasted their hard earned on him.
I received the game yesterday and after owning Ashes on PS3 this game no matter what anyone says is better than that. It is by far the best cricket game anyone has ever produced and I have played the majority.
By the way I am a thick skinned Aussie so if the tirade begins excuse me for my lack of caring.

Go to your User CP. On the left hand menu, click on Edit Ignore List. Type his PC username in. There should be an autofill when it recognises his name. Click on 'Okay'.

So you can actually make it so you can't see the posts? Nice - I'll be doing that as well. :cheers

Haven't played the game since I don't have a PS3/Xbox360 but it seems that the action cam is similar to the camera used in baseball games (behind the batter).

Yea very much so, except at a slightly side on angle to the batter.

I find it easier when using Right handed bats, despite being left handed in real life.

Its so realistic that I got bowled because Swann releases the ball in the leg spinner action and I thought (after watching it out of his hand) that it would turn the other way. :)

Regarding the batting with ActionCam, can you retain the view even after you've played the shot, so you can watch the ball rocketing to the boundary, but more importantly, so you know when it has actually found the gap? I've lost count of the amount of times I've connected with a shot and taken a run, only for the ball not to have cleared the inner fielders. :doh

As well as that, it would be fun to see the ball flying off to the boundary!

Regarding the batting with ActionCam, can you retain the view even after you've played the shot, so you can watch the ball rocketing to the boundary, but more importantly, so you know when it has actually found the gap? I've lost count of the amount of times I've connected with a shot and taken a run, only for the ball not to have cleared the inner fielders. :doh

As well as that, it would be fun to see the ball flying off to the boundary!

Yes, you can watch the ball travel all the way to the boundary - even while you are running (unless you press L2 or R2 to ook at the crease or your partner).

Okay guys, I want to get this one back on topic. Anyone taking pot shots at each other needs to do that somewhere else and will find their post deleted. Keep it on the relevant questions involved and keep it clean. Thanks.

If you've taken a dislike to someone, just block them. As Dutch said, let's keep it all friendly. :)

Back on topic: the ActionCam sounds like the best thing to hit cricket games since they became 3D. :D

@Highlander: Lucky git! Nothing like that happening for me, not that I know of at least.

Users who are viewing this thread