Is There a Complete FAQ for the PC Version?

D

DeadManRollin

I played all the cricket games upto 2000, but Cricket 2002 wouldn't run in my PC. I upgraded the PC, and got 2004. But now I'm finding it very difficult. Has anyone written a complete faq? There's none in Gamefaqs. If there is one, can anyone please post the link here?

R

ricky123

B) first tell is ur game running fine ?

if yes then what kind of faq do u need ,

faq for how to install to some basic patches .

faq on how to play ?

for the first one go to www.cricket2004.co.uk

for the second u just need to practice in the nets , :P

D

DeadManRollin

Originally posted by ricky123@Jul 21 2004, 07:53 PM
B) first tell is ur game running fine ?

if yes then what kind of faq do u need ,

faq for how to install to some basic patches .

faq on how to play ?

for the first one go to www.cricket2004.co.uk

for the second u just need to practice in the nets ,? :P
Oh yes...my game is running fine...I gotta Athlon XP 2600+, 512 MB DDR Ram, ATi Radeon 7000 64 MB, SB Audigy ES, etc.

I need a faq on how to play and I also want to install the Asia Cup patch!

Yeah I did try practicing.....but I still want some shortcuts, or specific things that I can learn. I'd prefer learning through playing actual matches instead of spending time in the boring practice mode, but the CPU always gets me bowled out pretty too soon :angry:

Can anyone help?

D

deadduck

Have you got the shots sorted ie can you play shots or just playing the block and leave? When I first started it took me a while to figure out what order to press the buttons. Once this is sorted, batting isn't too hard as long as you play each ball on its line, and then its length.

The order to press the buttons is quite simple, first you press the direction you want to hit the shot, and then when the time is right you press either the back foot or front foot button. Learning the right timings is a very important part of the game and is easiest to learn while playing actualy games.

Other than that, you just bat like you would in real life. Don't run stupid runs, try to hit the ball into gaps etc. On easy and medium modes you won't need to use the defensive shots very often.

You may encounter problems using the six hit button, a few people confuse this button as an actual shot and try to use it like they'd use the front foot shot etc, but it actually adds power to your shot and you can use it with just about any shot selection.

D

DeadManRollin

Deadduck,

Thanks a lot...those were really useful tips. I'll try them out tonight. One thing I want to add, too. Everytime I tried to use the 6 hitting button, I got caught :(

Why is that?

Any tips on bowling?

N

nikhilverma

There have been many discussions regarding this on the forums search and you'll find it

D

DeadManRollin

I can't play any grounded shots....no matter how hard I try, I get caught out. Any help?

D

deadduck

Don't use the six hit button, time your shots a little later.

D

DeadManRollin

Still not clear :mellow: and I can't find the older topics as well :(

D

deadduck

Well, if you are using the six hit button then every shot you play will be hit in the air. If you mistime anything, it is likely to be caught. So don't try and hit every ball for six until you've got the timing completely sorted.
Also, if you're playing your shots too early then you're also likely to hit it in the air or get edges. So time your shots a little later so they're hit into the ground.

I

indyan

I got ck2k4 a few days ago.since i was used to c2k mode i was having trouble playong the shots and ended up defending every ball.Ur tips make it clearer.thnx dd. :thumbs:

Users who are viewing this thread