Is this game really as bad as I am reading ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So say I want to replicate the Australia and India series just gone, I can ?
You certainly can you can even play on all the same grounds with all the same adboards you can play a full sheffield season as the Bulls and even set up tours of all test playing nations with warm up matches

D

Deleted member 46200

I think that people should also realise that Ross is not only a CEO of a company, he is also Ross, a human being with a life and chooses to post here and has done so in the past because he genuinely liked the banter and discussion that was here. When I am with my friends or people know or choose to be around they don't just look at me and say hey why is he talking like that I thought he was a plumber running his own business (which I am not, just as an example). We don't all post here just because we are "customers" of BA do we?

If you look at when Ross posts it is generally outside of office hours anyway, when he has probably had a good visit down old Jacobs Creek or a long conversation with Johnny Walker and is unwinding......like many of us use these forums for. Now if he were making posts in his customer support forum on his own site then there would be a reason to feel agrieved that the official customer support was saying things that I wouldn't expect as a paying customer looking for help....these forums ARE NOT the BA customer support site.
Being honest he shouldn't be rude to people who ask simple questions and make none threatening statements. I admit some of the stuff is strong and should be either ignored or deleted and asked to calm it down. Is ginger offensive? And, did you get your kittens?

Being super nice, I think...?

D

Deleted member 46200

Can someone actually explain the game to me.
Do you have to play as yourself ?
Can you play as the actual Australian team for example or the Bulls team for example with the real 11 ?
If so can you do this in certain tournaments or career mode etc etc ?
No problem; Cricket - Wikipedia

Don't boys always play by themselves? You can download all the teams via the academy just be careful which ones as their are super accurate and some rubbish teams.[DOUBLEPOST=1491501612][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have always been this man; you just wanted to see one side.
A man can change...? I doubt this but we'll see.[DOUBLEPOST=1491501660][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ah patience, wait until the new patch... Have we covered this ground before...?

D

Deleted member 46200

I wouldn't mind in Career mode you can play any
Associate teams... like Canada, Ireland, America, Hong Kong just to name a few.
You can download others, Jersey is in the academy.[DOUBLEPOST=1491501785][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes. Although they will play fairly...:p
But will Australia turn up...[DOUBLEPOST=1491501868][/DOUBLEPOST]
The thing is that if you read the official Big Ant forums you will see Ross flying off the handle 10 times worse than he does here.

Coming from the guy who wants this forum tailored exactly to his needs of how it was back in the day.
Looks like some feminine charm is needed on those threads.

D

Deleted member 46200

Y'knw! It appears to me that you are the only suitable candidate for it! You're a perfect "gran" in my book. ;)
I'm guessing you're thinking your being kind and candid but, to describe a twenty five year old women as a gran is paramount to committing suicide. Thanks but I'll take a rain cheque on that and hunt you down... ? Only joking 'boy' do you have pliers and a mop?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Being honest he shouldn't be rude to people who ask simple questions and make none threatening statements. I admit some of the stuff is strong and should be either ignored or deleted and asked to calm it down. Is ginger offensive? And, did you get your kittens?

Being super nice, I think...?
There was a thread on here awhile ago asking for team names I submitted a team name called the Hairy Gingers and got replys stating that it was borderline racism until some rational poster quoted that ginger wasn't a race so yeah to some the word ginger can be offensive but I'd say they would find every word offensive :lol

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Game is definitely not bad, it is headed in right directions. How many times we have felt bad of not having career mode before DBC? How many times we have felt bad for not having in depth career mode during DBC14? How many times we have felt bad for the game lacking customizations during DBC14? Without doubts or hesitations, I am very thankful for taking this game in direction of users feedback/wishes. Game is definitely worth to provide support and buy.

Quality of game definitely didn't meet the expectations & it's very reasonable still, considering the volume of customization that this game comes with. Quality is not worse like AC13. If BA studios had disappeared from industry of cricket game like their past competitors, it's a different story but for the commitment BA is investing in this game, I do not mind even if patch comes in Q3 as payable DLC. Game has flaws, it has been acknowledged & there is nothing to be panicked with patch already been scheduled for a date. Out of the box games rarely gains perfection satisfying users & games getting multiple patches based on feedback is even more rare. Out of the box BLIC 99, cricket 04, cricket 05, cricket 07, ac09 were not good either.

border33

Club Captain
IMG_4422.JPG
The thing is that if you read the official Big Ant forums you will see Ross flying off the handle 10 times worse than he does here.

Coming from the guy who wants this forum tailored exactly to his needs of how it was back in the day.

I regularly read the BA forums and Ross hasn't even posted for over 6 months...

ABHIII

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
B
Game is definitely not bad, it is headed in right directions. How many times we have felt bad of not having career mode before DBC? How many times we have felt bad for not having in depth career mode during DBC14? How many times we have felt bad for the game lacking customizations during DBC14? Without doubts or hesitations, I am very thankful for taking this game in direction of users feedback/wishes. Game is definitely worth to provide support and buy.

Quality of game definitely didn't meet the expectations & it's very reasonable still, considering the volume of customization that this game comes with. Quality is not worse like AC13. If BA studios had disappeared from industry of cricket game like their past competitors, it's a different story but for the commitment BA is investing in this game, I do not mind even if patch comes in Q3 as payable DLC. Game has flaws, it has been acknowledged & there is nothing to be panicked with patch already been scheduled for a date. Out of the box games rarely gains perfection satisfying users & games getting multiple patches based on feedback is even more rare. Out of the box BLIC 99, cricket 04, cricket 05, cricket 07, ac09 were not good either.

BLC 99 was excellent for it's time. There were stats along with mods for it too. You must consider that all gaming genre has evolved significantly. Super Mario too:p.

D

Dutch

That's good for you I'm sure you can pick up a medal somewhere. Big Ant forums are older than 6 months
FFS mate why not give it a rest? We get it, just leave it for a while....give the patch a chance and see it from there ......we are all, myself included trying to give the place a little bit more positivity.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread