Story Journey of the Assassins.

yea ur guys batted well, jus short by 11 runs, well done

Monday January 8, 2007
PC Championship Match Review Assassins XI Vs Briggs Bullets
About Match:

The last match of the PC Championship was held at Assassins Dome between Assassins XI and Briggs Bullets. Briggs Bullets won the toss and elected to bat first on a green pitch under clear sky. There openers Ainsworth and Sohail started well and gave a sold partnership of 99 runs. Dickman than striked twice and removed Sohail and dangerous looking Moodley. But on the other end Ainsworth continued his blistering knock. he scored 111 runs of 105 balls with the help of 9 fours and 4 sixes. After he was gone in 38th over there batting collapse started and they were all out for 249 in 46.1 overs. Ibrahim and Dickman were the pick of the bowlers with 3/43 and 3/50 respectively.
The start from Assassins XI was not good and until the end of 17th over 4 top order batsmans Hansen, Mahmood, Holis and Ettien were back in the pavilion. Then the new comers to the team Heath and Ibbrahim cut short there strokes and played sensibly to consolidate the innings. They made a partnership of 91 runs when Ibrahim was out on 48 playing a loose short. Haquani then came to the crease. Required run rate at that time was over 7 at that time but Haquani started smashing the bowlers all over the part but on 213 Lisbie striked twice. He bowled Heath on 88 of 109 balls with 8 fours. And after two balls he was also out on duck and that exposed the tail. Haquani kept stroking fours boundaries on one end but wickets kept falling on the other hand. And Assassins XI were all out for 238 in 48 overs with Haquani not on 48 of 29 balls with 7 fours and a six. Rankin was the pick of the bowlers with 3/39.

Scoecard:
2uduyrp.jpg

Reporter's Summary:
2drb2mc.jpg

MOTM: Ainsworth was the man of the match for his excellent innings.

Manager's Thoughts:
Zain Awan the manager of Assassins XI met the press after the match and said "It was a really good match. My team tried its best to win it but some plans did go wrong. Overall bowling performance was good but batting failed again. Me and my statcians will see these players stats and will change the batting lineup a bit. So expect changes soon. Overall a good match and i am happy with performance. And hopefully we will win the play offs and will get promoted to div 1. I am dissappointed with the organisers dicsion to only promoted 3 teams. They have discarded my suggestion to promote 4 teams."

Unlucky. But Hansen failed, and that hurt. Maybe put him elsewhere in the lineup?

Tuesday January 9, 2007
Training Update:

Here is the news from out Practice nets where these guys are working really hard.

Robert Hansen: (1 Bat, 1 wkt, 1 Field nets) BTR up and wkt keeping and concentration pop :D
Alan Ettienne: (1 Bat, 2 Bowl, 1 Field nets) BTR up and consistency pop.
Sher Rahim: (1 Bowl net) BTR up
Maurice Dickman: (1 Bowl, 1 Field nets) BTR up

Thats all from Training grounds.

Last edited:
Instead of tour through history i will give u this weeks late Youth Pull information. See Zorax's thread if u dont know about youth pulls.

Tuesday January 9, 2007
Youth Pull:

Today manager visited out Youth Acadmy where new crops were developing. He asked the Junior coach to pull a bowler with 12 ITS on bowling 9 ITs on Stamina and 9 ITS on Consistency.
Coach gave him this player.

Sharjeel Hasham - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,833
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Coach's Remarks:
"He can bowl a bit. He have good stamina but he lacks that cutting edge in his bowling he needs a bit more training."

Manager's Remarks:
"Well this cant fit into my training regime so he will go to Transfer Market where he might find a good home where he can build his career. Good luck to him."

So do visit us on sunday for another youth pull and tuesday for tour through histroy and training update.

Wednesday Juanuary 10, 2007
Player Profile and Interview

Todays Player is Thomas Heath the new addition to the team.

Thomas Heath (456101)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For: Assassins XI
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 8,945
Wages: ?1,212 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

This player with a career average of 126.67 is a really good addition to the middle order of Assassins XI. He is attacking and have good experience as he showed in tense moments against Briggs Bullets. So far he has played two matches for his new team and he was the top scorer in both of them. Against TT lions he scored an unbeaten 43 and 88 against Briggs Bullets.

Manager Thoughts:
When we asked about Thomas Heath manager Zain Awan said "I am really lucky to have in my team. He is a really good player as he showed in last two matches where he top scored. I am sure he will help his new team to new hights."

Now a little interview with Ramiz Raja:
RR: Here i have got the new rising star of Assassins XI Thomas Heath. How r u Thomas.
TH: Perfect.
RR: How are you feeling in your new home its been more than two weeks now here?
TH: Its really fun here managment is really good. And my fellow players they are really cooperative. Its fun to be here. And playing here against two such a good teams was a real pleasure.
RR: What was your plan when your team was in trouble in the last match?
TH: Well my plan was to keep going without taking risk. We had player like Haquani down the order so runrate was not a problem. Me and Ibbrahim planned just to rotate the strike until the time comes.
RR: Ok thanks for this little chat.
TH: No problem.

nice presentation mate good luck to your future work
:cheers
MHC

Users who are viewing this thread