KFC Big Bash window?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Cricket Australia is looking to clear a window in the calendar so Test players will be free to join the high-priority KFC Twenty20 Big Bash competition and not have to worry about commitments to the five-day game.

With the Twenty20 Champions League pushing for clear space in the calendar and the Indian Premier League doing the same, Adam Gilchrist's claim two years back that one-day Test cricket would be looking for a window in the Twenty20 calendar is looking more correct every day.

The revolution is at hand.

Mao Zedong said political power grew from the barrel of a gun, but Cricket Australia believes it comes from the power of blunderbuss batting so beloved by fans of the shortest game.

The people that run cricket in this country know that Test cricket is a blue-chip stock that provides a steady return, but can be boom or bust depending on who tours, while the T20 game is a start-up with limitless potential.

Most importantly it can provide cricket with a new revenue stream, new fans and an independence from the Indian-run competitions such as the IPL and Champions League.

T20 bashing down the door - Domestic Cricket - Fox Sports

The articles original title mentioned less Test cricket but if the big Bash is done in the usual time frame i.e. mid Jan then it shouldn't interfere with Test matches anyway. It would be great to see the Aussies in the Big Bash and it would give some of our players much needed T20 experience.

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Though I have to say, I really like watching our domestic scene, we have some special players who maybe wouldnt get a game if all the internationals were playing. Great to see the state guys on tv kicking ass! Really enjoying the big crowds too, great for the state guys getting experience in front of huge crowds.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Looks like, like most of our our aussie friends, we Indians will also get a tournament to whine about . :p :laugh

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
Their not asking for an international window. Learn to read

Thats not what he meant:doh!

What he means is that since CA is also giving importance to t20/20, the indian fans have some leverage against those mostly aussie fans saying t20/20 is killing the game............(i hope thats what he means)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
This will affect Aussie players only, so it isn't a big deal. They can schedule their T20 tournament whenever they want.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I'm all for this. Would be good to see Ponting, Watson, Haddin and Johnson playing in the Big Bash. Although, how would we do this?

We could have the Bash in November-December...

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
This will affect Aussie players only, so it isn't a big deal.

With increased popularity coming from International players playing in these sides as well them performing well. I dont see how it only affects the Australian players only!

Hellgood

School Cricketer
With increased popularity coming from International players playing in these sides as well them performing well. I dont see how it only affects the Australian players only!

If what I understand what CA is saying...

They want Australian test players to be playing to further increase the great crowds that the Big Bash is already getting. Whilst we want some overseas players such as Gayle, Rana, Bravo, Afridi, Taylor, they can be replaced each year if they are playing for their country through players from different countries who aren't playing in that window, in short we aren't asking for a full international window, I'm not saying the IPL is wrong in seeking that either BTW.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Kind of OT but i've been watching some highlights of the Big Bash lately and so far it's been thoroughly entertaining. The players seem to be enjoying it and look relaxed on the field as well, which is great.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This Big Bash Season is the best and the most successful one... Hope it get's a window..

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
its great for the supporters to see the international Aussie in action. Agree with Hellgood

Users who are viewing this thread