Latest News regarding ICC 2009

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Release dates - So many different dates, we're hoping to be able to confirm a date in the next few days, there are certain restrictions at the moment which stop us, but we hope to know more soon.

I don't see a chance of an August release date, we aim to be releasing before the Ashes.

Sureshot

Executive member
Yes, there are some issues with the forum at the moment. This is being looked at.

----

Some news I think is worth publishing. I was just testing the on-line mode, with the T20 format. 164 played 155. I'm sure that will please some of you.

spaga1994

Club Cricketer
sure does and the fact your playing online and all must mean 25 is going 2 be the release:)

Sureshot

Executive member
Why does that mean we must be ready to release in 4 days? Most games have a code of some sort several months before release.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Am I the only person who prefers these animations. I think they look quite good. Yeah some shots are really unrealistic but it's better than those stick figures.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I always thought that I preferred the Stick Figures but yesterday I installed ICC 06 and the animations on it were poor and not as good as I remembered them, so yes I do prefer the ones now. A few tweaks to the current animation such getting rid of some of the unrealistic shots and it will be significantly better.

Fluroescent

School Cricketer
I've got to say that ICC 2009 looks like a step in the right direction. The gameplay improvements have been necessary for a while now, especially in the Twenty20 format, and this bodes very well for the franchise. I'm particularly eager to find out what sort of changes have been made to the transfer system (as has been hinted in the press releases, I presume), which I felt had been rather wobbly (and quite bland, almost seeming colourless) in previous editions.
Various changes have occurred of late to cricket's transfer structure in real life, such as the 28-day approach, scouting for players, enticing contracted players to sign (as is being seen in the current saga involving Steve Davies), enticing players to sign Kolpak deals and conversely enticing Kolpak players to return to the international scene. I'm not too plussed on the lack of new playable leagues; however, I do hope to see it implemented in future versions, as it would only help the franchise scale new heights.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, there are some issues with the forum at the moment. This is being looked at.

----

Some news I think is worth publishing. I was just testing the on-line mode, with the T20 format. 164 played 155. I'm sure that will please some of you.

Its indeed a good sign, such a close match it seems, would love to know more about the AI, how close are the matches? Are they all nail-bitters as that seems to have been etc?

I'm interested, Nigel. Which score did you post? 164 or the 155? ;)

Sureshot

Executive member
Well, I did need 10.4 an over at one point and would have got there were it not for a poor of couple of overs at the end.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
cricket2_1245982115.jpg

Nice new look.

Users who are viewing this thread