League of the Month (September)

Who deserves to win LOTM for September, 2010?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't nominate my league either. I'm not here for LOTMs.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Oh no!
This is really bad :(
This ████ really takes some cleaning now. :facepalm
I suspect some admin will step in here pretty soon.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I think everyone's getting on fine now... :)
In the heat of the moment I may of said some stupid things, but it's all fine now as far as I know.

We were just discussing whether we were going to continue LOTM, because of what's gone of this month.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Seriously, we should consider all those leagues which have been up for more than a month regardless of seasons. That'd fix all the hype.
And one more thing, I have seen that many people here and in the stories section have got the LOTM/SOTM tag for a very long time, say 3 months. We should really keep the tag up only for 3-4 months.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Ok, how long shall I wait to consider a league not active (not be eligible to participate)?
15 days, 30 days, or what?

Varun

ICC Board Member
More than half of a month, IMO. I guess we should have others' opinion too on this.
Riz and DSB aren't here, Biggy neither. Nor chewie, nor hedger.

Bounce

County Cricketer
Well I thought when I'll leave, things will be better, but it's quite the opposite.
Anyway, I am back, and hopefully this time, I'll try to be on the safer side! :)

@All: Just like every other LOTM, let's treat this one as the same now. It isn't a big issue at all, and ASAP, we shall forget it. IMO, LOTM shouldn't be closed, unless we people begin treating it as a reward for the hard work and the efforts of the league manager and not as a competition. :)

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
So more or less you want some rules, that'll be the be all and end all?
e.g. any leagues that have been running for more than one month, and have had a match posted within 20 days will be considered.

Varun

ICC Board Member
I want to tell everybody that running a league is more than having a draft, making some fixtures and just simming the matches.
It is something that helps you really in the real life - managing things and bringing out innovative ideas. Some of the members don't consider bringing any innovations in their leagues, rather they run them on the same old/others' ideas. And premier leagues? Duh! Too much.

Chewie

BCCI President
I think that it should be something like 30 days since the thread was created or 20 days since the first games. Or something like that. It has to be more than half the month at any rate.

Premier Leagues aren't original at all. But they're still fun to compete in.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yeah. Even my other league has 2 different tournaments and then a Super Cup match between the winner of boths.

I think 'A' Championships deserves to win this month. tbh, I overlooked it mostly until Varun asked me whether I wanted a team in the future but I've had a look at it and it looks really good and has a different idea.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I've never followed Varun's league, but I might try this season. :)

I think something like 20 days since the first game to get nominated, and then if a league has no games for 20 days, it will get un-nominated.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Or why not nominate all the active leagues?
There are hardly 10-12 of them anyway i.e. just 4-5 more nominations irrespective of how sucessful they have been and how long they have been running for (even if they finished only one match) because if they're not good enough,they won't attract votes anyway but at least there won't be any scope for complaining and alleged discrimination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread